Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you hate questing like me then...........

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

i hate questing to max level  ,however you and i can cragt anf raise farms crops to max level. Im going to be a full time blacksmith and farmer and build houses to max level . You dont need to do the quest rail to max level.

=D

i always wanted to build a huge castle. lol

also since this game has gear durablity, blacksmniths are needed to provide players with gears constantly.

and crafting materials are the blood of this game, without crafting materials you cant provide players with much needed gears besides questing, and whos goign to repair their gears for them without blacksmiths haha.

you can even break down gears for rare materials as well, should be fun. Other then that, i think my problem would be not able to skill up my skills, you cant go into pvp as a max level with skill level 1 lol. in thi game you also have to skill up your skills.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The questing might be fun, all the same.  There are some interesting mechanics with climbing ropes, ladders, trees and such, which could be interesting.  There was a quest demo of doing various stuff like that, climbing a tree to rescue a girls cat for instance.  But to not spread an incomplete message, there are also MMO staple quests to kill 10 rats, fetch me that book off my shelf, etc.  Hopefully there will be more of the fun quests and less of the mundane.

I'd have to try out being a full time farmer though at least once, like the OP.  A person can also have an aquatic farm also if I recall some posts awhile back.  Not sure how that went.  Oysters, Clams, Crabcakes anyone?

There was some other stuff to explore and find out secret locations to get some kind of bonus or vanity achievement, ala GTA or SWTOR's datacrons .. or something like that .. videos seem to be either in Korean, Russian, or German, so they are hard to follow.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I just like the idea of having a choice. Not being forced to do either or, but mix and match as i see fit. Lot of the newer cookie cutters take this away from you and people wonder whats missing. Any mmorpg that allows freedom and choice is better in my book, and will be an active member of AA when it is released. Has way to many features and social aspects to just let slip by.

This and the repopulation are prime examples of how mmorpgs should be done and improved upon.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I don't mind some questing, it can be fun when no one you know is online.

I like a healthy mix of Questing and good exp Dungeon crawling.

Sometimes I just like to get a group of freinds, find a nice fast spawn of high level mobs and Pull away, Grind some exp with a group of guildies, Crack open some beers and BS over vent while the exp rolls in.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    For me it boils down to choice.  Some days I feel like knocking out quests, some days I want to PvP all day and yet other days I feel like crafting.  This is the only game I have looked at in a long time that gives the players the ability to play exactly how they want to play.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

also if you dont like to skill up your skills at max level, you can always help out your clan or guilds by driving ships and steering those mobile cannons and sieges instead of fighting. You can make a career out of being ship driver or siege weapon driver instead of fighting with your skills as a crafter.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I can't wait to PK farmers and crafters until I get Pirate status then I plan on PKing everyone!

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i love questing to level but I HATE generic and mindless quest grind to level.

No matter how good any upcoming mmos is. If the questing is not dynamic in any way, im not interested.

Companies should take GW2 questing idea and improve it, add their own twist to it and make it a better system. Otherwise dont bother adding story progression through levels because im not wasting my time anymore with horrible old school quest hub grind or mob grind.

Dynamic character / story progression must become a standard.

EDIT: sorry i didnt see the ArcheAge session, i thought it was general discussions about questing. ANyway, even AA should have dynamic progression so ill leave my post here.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by rojo6934

No matter how good any upcoming mmos is. If the questing is not dynamic in any way, im not interested.

Companies should take GW2 questing idea and improve it, add their own twist to it and make it a better system. Otherwise dont bother adding story progression through levels because im not wasting my time anymore with horrible old school quest hub grind or mob grind.

EDIT: sorry i didnt see the ArcheAge session, i thought it was general discussions about questing. ANyway, even AA should have dynamic progression so ill leave my post here.

You may want to look at it a bit differently. In GW2 the NPC's and changes to the world were done via PvE and the NPC's whereas Archeage the changes to the world are done by players not NPC's so having a system similar to GW2 would defeat the whole point of what the game is trying to do and what makes it unique. Questing in Archeage is a very small part of your daily activities even while leveling up because as GW2 EVERYTHING levels you.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by steelwind

You may want to look at it a bit differently. In GW2 the NPC's and changes to the world were done via PvE and the NPC's whereas Archeage the changes to the world are done by players not NPC's so having a system similar to GW2 would defeat the whole point of what the game is trying to do and what makes it unique. Questing in Archeage is a very small part of your daily activities even while leveling up because as GW2 EVERYTHING levels you.

I am from Missouri on ArchAge - I will believe it when I see it. So much supposition and innuendo as we don't really know what will be in the NA release of the game as Trion always tries to keep it close to the vest. Just sit on your hands and wait for it.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by steelwind

I am from Missouri on ArchAge - I will believe it when I see it. So much supposition and innuendo as we don't really know what will be in the NA release of the game as Trion always tries to keep it close to the vest. Just sit on your hands and wait for it.

You forget Trion isnt developing the game, just localizing it for NA release. Its very doubtful anything changes beyond the language setting and payment model.  AA is already in retail in Korea so what you see there is what will be very likely what we get. I doubt XLGames will let Trion willy-nilly "westernize" it to WoW standards as Jake Long said they developed AA for both Eastern and Western players.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Have to stop you right there.

GW2 is a drab multiplayer environment.  It's great for single player gamers, where "other" player interaction is limited and anonymous.  GW2 can be fun, but playing the same stupid "dynamic" events over and over every 10 minutes is lame.  Gamers want a living world, not a cardboard box.

I don't wan't it.  I don't want a GW2 style game.

ArcheAge offers way more.

.. And quite frankly, if GW2 was so good why are you looking at other games? :-) .. shouldn't you be off playing GW2?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

It surely was a nice change to the GRIND-grind that came before it, though.

And then along came XP for PvP, XP for crafting, XP for other activities....alternatives are always nice, aren't they? They let us choose routes to continue developing while avoiding ones we have a personal dislike for. And even pursue entirely different goals at different times. (I do like the titles with fairly significant advancement for exploration, since it's something I tend to favor doing anyway.)

Just needs a little historical perspective. :shrug:

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

I'm sorry to tell, but you won't ever get to lvl50 with only crafting or gathering. Leveling is the only way really, sure using your labor points daily will help out. 

There is no full crafters or gatherers in ArcheAge because of the labor points. You simply can't do that.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by inporylemii

I'm sorry to tell, but you won't ever get to lvl50 with only crafting or gathering. Leveling is the only way really, sure using your labor points daily will help out. 

There is no full crafters or gatherers in ArcheAge because of the labor points. You simply can't do that.

Labor points is a genial idea to allow the existence of "jobs" in-game. And since no every player (most likely the majority) will not have land, so they will need ocasional jobs to obtain some more money.

If i am not mistaken, players that not own a land will have some bonus in the labor process, to incentive land owners to hire them.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    Originally posted by inporylemii

Labor points is a genial idea to allow the existence of "jobs" in-game. And since no every player (most likely the majority) will not have land, so they will need ocasional jobs to obtain some more money.

If i am not mistaken, players that not own a land will have some bonus in the labor process, to incentive land owners to hire them.

There is no such a system implemented. Labor points are used to craft and gathering and they have nothing to do with the land you own or don't own.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube