Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 Update

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Goddess Of Destruction Chapter 3 Lindvior goes live May 29th

http://wiki.terragamers.net/index.php?title=Chapter_3:_Lindvior

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Yupp the CT3 update looks super.
  • PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    I predict huge unbalances coming.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am sure there will be unbalances but I am still really looking forward to it.
  • AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Thanks for the post I am still waiting to play this game. Hit me up to invite me to your group.

Best Regards, ...

I play on Chronos. Game is free to play so jump in!
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

and how this giving back 32 classes?

it just add new skills depends what you played before

• AesowhreapAesowhreap Member Posts: 78
    Does this update add all the skills in this post as new to the game?

Best Regards, ...

Originally posted by saurus123

and how this giving back 32 classes?

it just add new skills depends what you played before

This is how the classes were before Goddess Of Destruction. Before Goddess there was 32 unique classes and afther Goddess they merged the classes to 8 with each class sharing the exact same skills regardless of race. People wanted back what made their classes unique like they were before Goddess and now thats what they are getting. If you were a player before Goddess and played afther Goddess then you should know what I am talking about.

Originally posted by Aesowhreap
    Does this update add all the skills in this post as new to the game?

Yes, all those skills will be new skills added.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    They got rid of all the classes and people still played it after that? WHAT?
  • Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

I miss initial NA launch style L2 , PVP rules / grind etc. Just my kind of game far more than the on rails , story , auto-leveling most games have today.

This intro screen/music is still my favorite right behind the original EQ midi intro music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg6C-yXlWc0

Originally posted by Evgireon
    They got rid of all the classes and people still played it after that? WHAT?

Even afther they merged the classes it was still a fun game. They tried to balance the classes but they just did it the wrong way.

Originally posted by Dahkot72

I miss initial NA launch style L2 , PVP rules / grind etc. Just my kind of game far more than the on rails , story , auto-leveling most games have today.

This intro screen/music is still my favorite right behind the original EQ midi intro music.

That theme is also one of my favorites. It still plays at time in game today.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Wow, I can't believe I missed this news until now. How did things go with this? Did they bring back the class specializations to the NA servers yet, or is it still only on the Korean version? And just to be clear -  you're saying that, with this change, we're able to pick our race of choice and essentially be able to play their respective classes the same way we used to? WIth their own uinque flavors and styles? I really hope that's the case.

I used to play L2 a ton and I was severely disappointed back when I heard about all the classes being truncated into only 8. The "class identity" in this game was always one of the strong points for me and without it I had no urge to play. If they did, in fact, change things back to the way they were, I'll definitely have to think about firing up the game again.

Speaking of which, any suggestions on a healthy server? I had heard that the European servers were some of the best, and although I'm located in the US, I'd be happy to play there if it's advisable.

Thanks for any info on this :).

Originally posted by Seillan

Wow, I can't believe I missed this news until now. How did things go with this? Did they bring back the class specializations to the NA servers yet, or is it still only on the Korean version? And just to be clear -  you're saying that, with this change, we're able to pick our race of choice and essentially be able to play their respective classes the same way we used to? WIth their own uinque flavors and styles? I really hope that's the case.

I used to play L2 a ton and I was severely disappointed back when I heard about all the classes being truncated into only 8. The "class identity" in this game was always one of the strong points for me and without it I had no urge to play. If they did, in fact, change things back to the way they were, I'll definitely have to think about firing up the game again.

Speaking of which, any suggestions on a healthy server? I had heard that the European servers were some of the best, and although I'm located in the US, I'd be happy to play there if it's advisable.

This update is live in Korea only atm but we are expecting it here around April. From my understanding when you awakening at level 85 instead of just being say a Tyrr Warrior you will become the Tyrr Warrior of your race with skills unique to your race. If you are Human you will be either a Duelist Tyrr or a Dreadnought Tyrr. If you are Orc you will become either a Grand Kavatari Tyrr or a Titan Tyrr.  

One thing that I can say for sure is that the game is healthy. At peak times you can have a hard time just trying to log into the game especially on weekends. If you are in the US I recommend Chronos Server. Its the most populated and its the server that the original servers have merged into over the years. All of the original players are on Chronos.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Finally! I can play my Maestro again as maestro and not some warrior class that I don't like...
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Finally! I can play my Maestro again as maestro and not some warrior class that I don't like...

I think one thing that we all can agree on is that we miss our classes.

Originally posted by coretex666
    Lineage II is one of the best MMOs ever made, for me. Or at least used to be in early chronicles. I do not like the changes which they made with the recent expansions / patches.

I think Mannish put it very well in his message above that we all miss our old classes... I agree with you that a lot of changes in the past made Lineage II less appealing for us, but I hope that this is the 1st change to make L2 back the way it was in the early game. At least this news made me download and install L2 again ;-)

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Seillan

This update is live in Korea only atm but we are expecting it here around April. From my understanding when you awakening at level 85 instead of just being say a Tyrr Warrior you will become the Tyrr Warrior of your race with skills unique to your race. If you are Human you will be either a Duelist Tyrr or a Dreadnought Tyrr. If you are Orc you will become either a Grand Kavatari Tyrr or a Titan Tyrr.  

One thing that I can say for sure is that the game is healthy. At peak times you can have a hard time just trying to log into the game especially on weekends. If you are in the US I recommend Chronos Server. Its the most populated and its the server that the original servers have merged into over the years. All of the original players are on Chronos.

Ah, thanks for the clarification :).  Bah, that's a bummer about the changes not coming around until April, but that's life heh. I'm just excited that they're making a somewhat "retro-active" change like that. Most companies I know (like SOE for example) wouldn't go back on a change like that no matter what, as I guess they figure it comes off as a sign of "weakness" or something. To me though, it's way more admirable when a company admits to a direction being a bit misguided and then rectifies the mistake. I'm not saying that the current L2 is a "mistake" of course, but I think having the wide variety of classes from the older days was definitely one of the strong points to the game, for many people. I will certainly be giving it another whirl when the changes hit, in any case.

And that's great to hear about the Chronos server. The only reason I was kind of interested in the EU servers is that I had heard that the "Innova" company was pretty well respected for running things, and keep bots at a minimum. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that, but I'd be tempted to play there if it is.

By the way, I had one other question - what's the leveling process like in the game now? Has it become a bit more quest driven or is it still just moving from grind spot to grind spot? I know many players loved the plain grinding aspect of the game, but that was one of the things I wasn't as fond of. I was hoping they might have added other ways to progress since the last time I played.

Thanks again.

I will be honest with you and tell that Lineage 2 still has bots and cheaters. The game has always been like that and it always will be. Just something you have to accept and deal with. Now if you are still with me I cant say much about Innova because me personally I will never play on a server thats not an official NC Soft server so I have zero intrest in Innova.

As for as leveling you can go from 1-85 in a week or two depending on play time. Afther you awaken at 85 your main source of xp will be doing daily quest but you are always welcome to grind if you want to but its just not worth it anymore. The days of grinding for hours is over which some like and some hate.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

Sounds like Enya. Well, to each his own, I guess.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Lineage II is one of the best MMOs ever made, for me. Or at least used to be in early chronicles. I do not like the changes which they made with the recent expansions / patches.

I think Mannish put it very well in his message above that we all miss our old classes... I agree with you that a lot of changes in the past made Lineage II less appealing for us, but I hope that this is the 1st change to make L2 back the way it was in the early game. At least this news made me download and install L2 again ;-)

I might give it another shot, and im with you guys on this L2 is one of the best MMOs ever made imho, but I dont think it will ever revert back to the game it was from prelude to C4-C5. I hope im wrong but ill give it another go.

To anyone that plays L2 today, is the game still plagued by imbalanced boss jewelery and full groups running Radar essentially making the common man not able to compete in PVP at all?

On a side note and as excited as I am for Lineage Eternal, I wish they would properly iterate on this game with an  L3 release at some point, its such a great IP with a lot of potential, I really miss the political metagame, even if it was just that with an updated engine and character control.

Originally posted by Prenho
    I predict huge unbalances coming.

Unbalance was part of what made Lineage II a good MMORPG. Because of the unbalance you had to cooperate with players to achieve your goals and be victorious.

I hope that Lindvior will indeed restore my dorfie warsmith back to her old class. That was the main reason I quited Lineage II in the first place when GoD was released...

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i might give it a shot again too. i think i have like 20 bucks worth of the NCsoft coins anyhows.

since it's not a full time job anymore :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins