Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: Does GW still work for you?

Comments

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Star CItyPosts: 294Member
    Originally posted by botrytis

I am still playing - enjoying my Norn Ranger and Charr Guardian (both lvl 80) - working on a few more.

To the people who say they got bored - that happens but how many hours in a row did you play. I think many people who say they get bored, play 8-10 hours a day. ANY game would get boring playing that much.

Average 2 -3 hrs a day for me.

• OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,388Member Uncommon
    I don't play it any longer. I really wanted to try the whole non-trinity deal, but it only concreted the fact that I really like the trinity lol. I just didn't like the "feel" of the game. It felt to me like a bunch of people running around unloading skills. Although there was plenty of strategy to be had in a fight... it always ended up feeling that way to me. Just my opinion though. 
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Stanksville, OHPosts: 269Member Common
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Quit looooong time ago.

Got boring really fast tbh.

That could be a poll choice

• NikopolNikopol The ZonePosts: 626Member Uncommon

It works in small doses.

I will not play it for a week and then the next week I'll log in for a few days in a row, play for a few hours. Pretty casual.

I don't have it in me to commit to any of the endgame stuff in this game, so it's usually all alt play, while the main waits at cap, safely carbon frozen. :)

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe EnglandPosts: 88Member

The other people have said, what the poll has said and what i'm going to say.

GW2 is the ultimate Casual MMO. 

If you aren't looking for a competitive environment, easy non challanging PVE content, jump in a mess about for an hour gameplay. Then GW2 is for you!

Though i stopped playing it 3 months ago due to Spvp being dead and implemented terribly, I did enjoy the leveling experience up to 80 but that was about it.

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• eliteroelitero fremont, CAPosts: 263Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NaMeNaMe

The other people have said, what the poll has said and what i'm going to say.

GW2 is the ultimate Casual MMO. 

If you aren't looking for a competitive environment, easy non challanging PVE content, jump in a mess about for an hour gameplay. Then GW2 is for you!

Though i stopped playing it 3 months ago due to Spvp being dead and implemented terribly, I did enjoy the leveling experience up to 80 but that was about it.

Did not know sPvP was dead.... HMPFF learn something new everyday =O

• grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon

I stopped playing a few months back.

I did login for about an hour or so total for the last two weeks to check it out again.  I find that that is sufficient time for me to work as a sort of "break" from my current MMO (SWTOR).  I am not sure what my hours played are (I can check next  time I login), but it really just works as something to take a break on...like sitting down and watching an episode of some random reality TV show I might look at maybe once a year.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,171Member Uncommon

Guild Wars 2 reminds me of Borderlands 2, in the same way that they took all the great features from their previous games and threw them in the gutter, only to piss on them periodically as time passes.

The difference between the two games is that I actually enjoyed the Borderlands 2 story.

My exact words to sum up the Guild Wars 2 story were "I. . . Uh. . .  is this it?"

The only fun I've had "with" Guild Wars 2(notice how I didn't say "in") in the past month has been conducting Bell Orchestra performances in the Lions Arch Trade District. Also people can never get enough of Zelda and Elder Scrolls.

[mod edit]

The problem is, the question in the OP was posted for the general forum public.  It wasn't specific in asking ONLY GW2 fans.  It asked everyone.  So, if you don't want everyone to answer, adjust the question accordingly.

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by MightyChasm
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I am still playing - enjoying my Norn Ranger and Charr Guardian (both lvl 80) - working on a few more.

To the people who say they got bored - that happens but how many hours in a row did you play. I think many people who say they get bored, play 8-10 hours a day. ANY game would get boring playing that much.

Hehe by posting that, you could be sure everyone would pretend he only plays a couple of hours per day. So predictable.

But the amount of... erm, how to put it nicely?... "people" who say they left long ago yet still read this forum is as fun and entertaining as ever. I stopped eating in that restaurant ages ago, but I still come in regularly to tell everybody how much the food sucks.

Do you really find it so hard to believe that some people find the game you play boring, even in small doses?  I don't find the game you play fun, why does that vex you so much?  Why do you even care?  And I read the forum in the same way I read most recent posts when I browse the site, just out of casual interest.  

Your picture reflects some of your posts perfectly.  

In orange I think is what he wanted you get from that post.  That's pretty much how I see it too when I see the usual suspects come in here chime in on everything negative about the game when they don't even play or haven't even played it once. 

I don't think anyone who currently plays GW2 or who are fans of the game care if you don't like the game.  I don't.  Chances are I might not like whatever game you play, but you won't see me lingering on a game's forum to chime in every single time something negative is said

The problem is, the question in the OP was posted for the general forum public.  It wasn't specific in asking ONLY GW2 fans.  It asked everyone.  So, if you don't want everyone to answer, adjust the question accordingly.

i get that.. BUT my question is still why so many after all this time feel they need to chime in with their negativity? just curious as I have no desire to chime into swtor forums that ask generic questions every single time one pops up.. just find it odd people feel the need to come in and call the game garbage at any chance they get(not talking about you, just in general) but guess whatever makes people happy:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

[mod edit]

I don't think anyone who currently plays GW2 or who are fans of the game care if you don't like the game.  I don't.  Chances are I might not like whatever game you play, but you won't see me lingering on a game's forum to chime in every single time something negative is said

i get that.. BUT my question is still why so many after all this time feel they need to chime in with their negativity? just curious as I have no desire to chime into swtor forums that ask generic questions every single time one pops up.. just find it odd people feel the need to come in and call the game garbage at any chance they get(not talking about you, just in general) but guess whatever makes people happy:P

Can't answer that for you.

There are threads always popping up in the SWTOR forums with the same select few chiming in with doom and gloom (just go and look...these few never post in any other subforum).

If you ask a question aimed at everyone, you can't really complain if you don't like the results.  I'd just suggest targeting your question towards more specific audiences.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,808Member Uncommon
    [mod edit]

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    Different strokes for Different folks.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

• MightyChasmMightyChasm londonPosts: 298Member
    Different strokes for Different folks.

Exactly this.  

• RefMinorRefMinor MyTownPosts: 3,452Member
    [mod edit]
  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    [mod edit]

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm londonPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Volkon

I find it hard to believe that people that find GW2 boring still hang around the GW2 forums to tell everyone how bored they are. Makes one question what those types of people consider fun in the first place if they'd rather play the games forums than play the game.

I only ever view posts via the recent forum posts link MMORPG.com provide, you should try it out, it will save you "hanging around"  a single forum, you will see a multiplicity of views and you might even gain some perspective.

Why would I bother frequenting forums of games I have no interest in? Doesn't really make any sense. Sure, I could go hang out in the TSW, TERA, SWToR forums, etc. but I've lost what little interest I had in any of those games. No one there wants to hear my opinions about what may be their game of choice. 

To be fair this I understand, but I didn't really look at the forum, I just saw a general question about a game I played so responded, and my response was that I couldn't answer his question because although I don't play the game I certainly don't 'hate' it.  

The question was then asked how many hours a day those of us who found it boring played (i.e. had we simply burnt out) to which I responded I only played a couple of hours a day (unfortunately work and rl commitments prevent me from playing any longer).  And then Jean Luc piped up insinuating I was lying about this before trying to impart lessons on "mature" behaviour; bundle of contradictions that guy. 

But I agree with your 'frequenting forums' comment.  

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MightyChasm 
    And then Jean Luc piped up insinuating I was lying about this before trying to impart lessons on "mature" behaviour; bundle of contradictions that guy. 

I never adressed you personally. It's not my fault if you felt personally targeted by what I said... but then, some people feel dirty even if they are just coming out of the shower.

I didn't see you around much (before this thread), so be assured that what I said wasn't aimed at you. Now if in two weeks, you're still here bashing the game, my opinion will change, of course.

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by RefMinor

I only ever view posts via the recent forum posts link MMORPG.com provide, you should try it out, it will save you "hanging around"  a single forum

i do the same - the only forum i hang around is EQ2

beyond that I rely on Recent forum posts

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,538Moderator Uncommon
    It would be great if we could get this thread back on topic and not about who discusses what, where, when, and how.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
    Originally posted by Amana
    It would be great if we could get this thread back on topic and not about who discusses what, where, when, and how.

That my friend is hard on these forums.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,916Member Uncommon

No vote, none of the options fit.

Haven't played it yet.  Not thrilled with the design for a couple reasons.  Doesn't look to be getting any better or worse for me.  Will eventually get there probably when first expansion hits.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member

wow exit people who hates a game ?

the only game so far i hate is WoW just cause it changed the term of endgame and it moved it to raids and PvE, from  PVP ...

• ksternalksternal Hainesport, NJPosts: 81Member
    I still feel the head NC Soft management should be fired for terminating a great game that was City of Heroes/Villains for the hopes that this game will make them rich.
  • emikochanemikochan StaffordPosts: 284Member Uncommon

Still love it, though TSW is a nice companion game to it, with its more oldschool mechanics and dark theme. 

Since GW2 is b2p you can put it in the same section as any other b2p games and it stands up very well in my opinion.