Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion needs to hurry with this...

Comments

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

i have heard the new cryengine 3 is easiler to scale with mid range pc and grpahics card, so hopefully archeage can fien tune it so mid range pc can handle it. according to crytech developers that cryengine 3 can be scaled up or down.

trion will be releasing Archeage  late 2013, the game needs to run smooth for mid range pc mmo players not just high end pc and graphics card.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    I want to play the game now too, the last thing I want them to do is 'hurry' though.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128

Another Asian port to a Western audience that has completely different opinion on how a MMO should play. So lets hurry up and play so we can hurry up and quit and move on to something else.

Yippy!!

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by archeageking

i have heard the new cryengine 3 is easiler to scale with mid range pc and grpahics card, so hopefully archeage can fien tune it so mid range pc can handle it. according to crytech developers that cryengine 3 can be scaled up or down.

trion will be releasing Archeage  late 2013, the game needs to run smooth for mid range pc mmo players not just high end pc and graphics card.

I highly doubt this game will be seen by a western audience this year. Game will most likely be sub based there goes half the so called fanbase. Don't allow yourself to get excited about a game it will only result in heartbreak in the end. 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

The hype train is in full force now.

Although I think this game may have a good amount of players, many will be turned off byt the open world PvP, etc.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Bossalinie
    The LAST thing they need to do is hurry...
    and the most important thing they need to do is not hurry.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Remember Trion are just publishnig the game over here.. probally involved with the tranlation as well but i dont think they will make any major changes..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I would think they'd need to hurry just because to me, the graphics already look dated.  I know, graphics don't at all make a game.  However I know plenty of mmo players, who think graphics are the end all be all of gaming. 

Is this getting a graphical update or overhaul?  Anyways regardless I'd like this game to be successful.   My only fear is by the time it gets here, it will be so obsolete graphicaly that many will put off playing it. 

And while I love things about the game, I watched some videos of its gameplay and even I have to admit the graphics look incredibly dated compared to things I play now, and I sometimes think I might just avoid it due to that.  This issue will only get worse as time moves forward. 

haha this is just a troll about the graphics right ?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I really don't have that good of a feeling about ArcheAge anymore.

Here's to hoping Trion's westernization helps broaden the appeal and we get our hands on a good, long OBT process.

• sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by sxvs
    Originally posted by Raunu
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    It wouldn't suprise me to see this come out by the end of the year or shortly before or after Elder Scrolls Online.

I was thinking the same thing. However competing with TESO will be tough. A popular and established IP always gets a pretty big following.

yeah, that would be a mistake trying to compete with teso.

even if teso eventually fails there's no doubt it's going to do good at the start.

I don't see how they would compete.  One is an action game, the other is the tired old tab target slow poke combat so many guys on this site seem to hate so much.  Both fantasy, but completely different play styles.  I'd say it's the perfect setup, one game to make all the action junkies happy and one to house all of old fogies who can't handle the twitch.

good point, my thinking is people are dying for a new good mmo no matter what it is..  as long as it's good.

i mean i'd play hello kitty adventures online if it was good at this point, i'm so desperate for a good mmo.

i think because of the elder scrolls name if they had to choose between the two because both were released around the same time i think most people would choose elder scrolls, no?

or are you thinking people would play both?

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by trenshod
    Another Asian port to a Western audience that has completely different opinion on how a MMO should play. So lets hurry up and play so we can hurry up and quit and move on to something else.Yippy!!

You do understand that Archeage is a sandbox that was made for the Western market. Its something that is new to the Eastern audience. Thats how the game was designed and made from the ground up. Most of what is currently in Archeage is stuff that the Eastern market is not use to seeing.

So I do not know how you can say its just an Asian port to a Western Audience when from the very start the Archeage team designed most of the game around Western Audience sandbox features and ideals.

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Originally posted by trenshod
    Another Asian port to a Western audience that has completely different opinion on how a MMO should play. So lets hurry up and play so we can hurry up and quit and move on to something else.

Yippy!!

You do understand that Archeage is a sandbox that was made for the Western market. Its something that is new to the Eastern audience. Thats how the game was designed and made from the ground up. Most of what is currently in Archeage is stuff that the Eastern market is not use to seeing.

So I do not know how you can say its just an Asian port to a Western Audience when from the very start the Archeage team designed most of the game around Western Audience sandbox features and ideals.

Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype.

The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    hury = horrible game , the reason the asian games are statistically less buggy than NA ones is cause they take their time, hurry is always bad.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by botrytis

Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype.

The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.

it's more true that they made the game with the idea that it would be launched globally, not that they specifically made it for the west as he indicates:

Jake Song:  We started developing ArcheAge with global service in mind.  During my stay with NCsoft, I worked a couple of years out of the LA and Austin office with American colleagues.  I had a chance to experience the North American market first hand as well as work with American developers.

What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation. The motto of ArcheAge is ‘A world made by you!’  I think the Western game players are excited about and looking forward to such aspects of ArcheAge.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/7069

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Where is this information coming from? Just because of the look of the game?  Please post sources - or it is just more hype. The Eastern market for MMO's is HUGE compared to Western markets so saying that is counter-intuitive.
    it's more true that they made the game with the idea that it would be launched globally, not that they specifically made it for the west as he indicates:

Jake Song:  We started developing ArcheAge with global service in mind.  During my stay with NCsoft, I worked a couple of years out of the LA and Austin office with American colleagues.  I had a chance to experience the North American market first hand as well as work with American developers.

What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation. The motto of ArcheAge is ‘A world made by you!’  I think the Western game players are excited about and looking forward to such aspects of ArcheAge.

I didnt mean the Western market in that sense. I meant Western market Sandbox games. Because sandbox games are something that the Eastern market does not really get to see much of. It's a Western audience thing. Thats what I meant.

As far as how the game is designed. Anyone can hope in and play the Korean version right now. You can easily tell that its about as far from what most Asian MMO games are as you can really get.

Is a UK streamer and she streams Archeage all the time. The game is built around sandbox ideals. Farming, crafting goods to transport and sell, seiging, the jury system, ect.

Originally posted by Sovrath

The same can be said for all newer MMO's - I think this is just a non-starter and hyperbole on Jake's part.

Remember, Ford came out with 'world cars' before and the US and Canada did not buy them at all. Catering to all means pleasing none and one can endup with a piece of crap at the end.

Not trying to down play the game, I may try it but, the HYPE TRAIN for ArchAge makes GW2 look silly and small in comparison.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Dampyre
    hury = horrible game , the reason the asian games are statistically less buggy than NA ones is cause they take their time, hurry is always bad.

I Don't believe that. Ive always believed they are educated better and culturally hardwired to succeed.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• I'm hyped. 

So many MMOs have come out with less than spectacular housing.

Even Aion with so much work put into it doesn't have multi-level homes. (Even though some houses look multi-level from the outside) They are ALL one boring boxed room with no real windows we can open or close. Very fail.

Age of Conan started doing guild cities right - and then failed to let us decorate them with our own furniture/colors/emblems/putting things wherever we want. Another major fail. So much potential there. They even have chickens you can buy, but you can't interact with them to get eggs or kill them for meat.

I hope ArcheAge gives us tons of more furniture and more land with upcoming expansions. 

I can see a storm coming with how many people want to build houses on the PvE lands. There simply isn't enough space.

If anything, they should give players incentive to want to build on the pvp continent - like crops/livestock produce faster or more quantities. Right now there's no reason to want to build there that I've come accross. 

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I cant wait for it myself. Finally a real MMO

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Trion certainly need to hurry, I imagine their cashflow is a little, in professional terms, shit.  Wish them well with this because they seem like a good firm.  
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Dampyre

Not true at all.  The game mechanics are already complete, quests, world, and everything else is complete. The only thing needs done is translation (which they were working on even before Trion became an issue), and to probably westernize it. That is what causes bugs and issues, changing the program and game.. Just leave it alone and translate.

And honeslty i can deal with translation issues as long as the key game features are done. Need this game soon ;)

But then again this and the repopulation may be a tough choice to pick from. Might play both .........

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Of note.  Trion is NOT the developer of this game.  They  are the Publisher for the Eestern release.  Huge difference.  Basically, Trion, can not rush anything as they will only publish what XL develops and translates.  All good imo.

The grpahics are stil in BETA, even in Korea, they are not optimized for release and you are watching them via youtube or some other form of 2nd hand video software.  So they will look sketchy.

The combat is the only weak point of serious note and as others have mentioned that is only due to recent advances genre wide in how comabt is conducted on a personal level.  The Engine they are using, Crysis is amazing and well develped.

I recommend, sit back, relax, and wait for this thing to get here.  imo, this game can only get better with time.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Of note.  Trion is NOT the developer of this game.  They  are the Publisher for the Eestern release.  Huge difference.  Basically, Trion, can not rush anything as they will only publish what XL develops and translates.  All good imo.

The grpahics are stil in BETA, even in Korea, they are not optimized for release and you are watching them via youtube or some other form of 2nd hand video software.  So they will look sketchy.

The combat is the only weak point of serious note and as others have mentioned that is only due to recent advances genre wide in how comabt is conducted on a personal level.  The Engine they are using, Crysis is amazing and well develped.

I recommend, sit back, relax, and wait for this thing to get here.  imo, this game can only get better with time.

first paragraph, good info thanks.  

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by MightyChasm
    Trion certainly need to hurry, I imagine their cashflow is a little, in professional terms, shit.  Wish them well with this because they seem like a good firm.  

Why would you say that? Rift is still box+sub and will not go to f2p. Just launched one of most successful expac's in mmo history. They are releasing 2-3 other mmo's this year as well. I think they are doing quite well.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• lilmark_utsalilmark_utsa Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Frenetic

I'm hyped. 

So many MMOs have come out with less than spectacular housing.

Even Aion with so much work put into it doesn't have multi-level homes. (Even though some houses look multi-level from the outside) They are ALL one boring boxed room with no real windows we can open or close. Very fail.

Age of Conan started doing guild cities right - and then failed to let us decorate them with our own furniture/colors/emblems/putting things wherever we want. Another major fail. So much potential there. They even have chickens you can buy, but you can't interact with them to get eggs or kill them for meat.

I hope ArcheAge gives us tons of more furniture and more land with upcoming expansions. 

I can see a storm coming with how many people want to build houses on the PvE lands. There simply isn't enough space.

If anything, they should give players incentive to want to build on the pvp continent - like crops/livestock produce faster or more quantities. Right now there's no reason to want to build there that I've come accross. 

The only MMO I've played (back in '97) that did a great job with housing was Ultima Online.  Originally, it only allowed you to buy a variety of homes ranging from a small house to a castle and place them in open land.  However, later they allowed you to buy empty lots of land and design your house from the ground up much like you would do in the Sims.  When I saw them mention they were taking pages from Ultima Online I knew the housing would at least be better than anything out there right now.

I think the limited land in the "protected" area was intentional.  It's basically meant to tease and lure you into venturing into the "unsafe" area to place your homes. 

I'd like to see a good written layout of how housing will work in the "unsafe" area.  I've read that homes within 250 meters of the castle/guild that owns an area are "safe" from being robbed by random players.  However, if that castle/guild is taken over by another guild the houses within 100 meters of the losing castle are destroyed?  Meaning you'll want to place your homes between 100-250 meters from the castle and you'll only need to worry about taxes changing when guild ownership of the land changes.  My only theory on that is the 100 meters radius is meant specifically for the conquering guild and their members to build their city/castle while the 100-250 is for other players.  I'd like confirmation on all this, or as I said before, a link to a well written description of the housing in "unsafe" areas.

Whatever the case I don't think they should increase "return value" from farm land there.  The guild that owns the lands will already be receiving taxes from nearby houses owned by other players.  If you add bonuses to farm lands on top of that it'll just create inflation.

So far I like the way they have things set up.  I'm looking forward to grouping with guildies and setting out into the "unknown" world not knowing what PKers are lying in wait.  I used to lead PK Hunting Parties in Ultima Online back in the day before they created Trammel (safe area).  After that I made a PK and I'm looking forward to doing that as well.