It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This is RVR! No one should be able to get out free because they are in a safe zone or starter zone right! When your relm is pushed back to it's safe border you have lost right? Well, what are the consequences?
It's been stated they will not get pillaged and burned, but they need to feel the pain. So how can me make that happen without sacking the main city/zone/safe area?
A few ideas:
1. Back in the day the Romans didn't always burn you down, salt the earth, and rebuild you as a Roman city...well unless you do what Carthage did...anyway it was often not worth the effort and loss so they just propose terms of surrender, you agreed, your taxes went up, your requirements were sometimes harsh, but you were left alone, alone to plot how to over throw them right This could go as far as requiring X amount of X resources, X crafted items, X "sacrifices" etc. Once collected those items could be randomly distributed via a in game random program thingy.
2. What does a political city like Rome do to avoid being sacked, they do what all politicians do, they bribe. When barbarians were about to lay a beating on Rome, Rome paid them off. Maybe every Relm collects a small tax on everything sold. This tax goes into the funding for, well I dont know what, but maybe the victors get a nice big payoff to leave the big city intact.
3. A trial system like Archage has? Maybe we offer up one of our own, our military leader (aka the player or players with the highest PVP rank) for a public trial and potential public execution. Maybe we offer up a few for executions?
4. A gladiatorial fight, or a few of them. (Ok I think I just want to see gladiator colosseums where we can "practice" against one another hehe.
5. To save our relm from certain doom the gods send forth a protector, or a dragon, or etc. Once killed the opposing faction receive some rare resources and gold and leave the city safe out of respect for the champion they downed (or they get owned and lose some territory).
6. A combination of all of the above.
Something that is really interesting to me, if your relm is forced back into a starting safe area, you have a harder time getting to resources (if they exist on the battle field). This will cause prices to inflate as resources get more and more rare. Without resources your side can't produce weapons, so it can't fight as well, see where this is going? If an enemy holds you in your starting area long enough your relm might become handicapped. I wonder how they plan to balance that? I suppose the easy way is to make resources spawn in safe areas as well as battle areas? Just the idea of being under siege for months and watching your Relm start to struggle is exciting and scary.
In extreme cases where the game has been compromised and 1 side has total control for an excessive amount of time, many months maybe? I would like to see the Gods/Devs come down from the mountain top and create chaos (dev controlled character chaos) before disappearing into the unknown (and by chaos I mean mauling EVERYONE from all 3 Relms within a few capture points of your safe relm area so you have a chance to recapture them again). Bit this MUST be uber rare and only in the most dire of circumstances or whats the point right?
Thoughts and ideas? (I know it's a lot of info but please don't base your comments off my title alone)