Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: New Mega-Sized Map Added

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MechWarrior Online players will want to check into the game to get a firsthand look at the colossal sized Alpine Peaks map that has been deployed into the game. According to the team, Alpine Peaks is the largest map in the game. In addition to this, five new variations of the Trebuchet mech and new cockpit items have also been released. 

Alpine Peaks offers rising majestic ragged mountains and hills to vertical and horizontal firefights and a chance to really put those long-range weapons to use. Cover is sporadic and flanking opportunities are abundant: Secure the higher ground early or face devastation in the completely new battle environment. 

Find out more on the MechWarrior Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Just for those who are not paying attention to this game, the new Alpine map is literally 2x the size of any map that exists, if not 3x.

It takes the heavier Assaults a lot of time to cross the wasteland.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208
    ...and still nothing fixed.
  • DoomcurseDoomcurse Member Posts: 9
    The hell are you talking about? There was a LOT they fixed in this patch. 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I need to find that time to get back into this.. its oneo f the better games that I have played in a long time :) its good they are getting bigger maps out there as well :)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

And the next map will be as big if not bigger.... and a desert.

They are also working on a system that will reduce the amount of ghost-shots and synch issues. So i'd say they are making good strides.

This have been a good conversation

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Ambient temp affects heat control I assume? This is the popular map for "hot" mechs?

Sounds like the Designated Hitter rule....

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

They still have those missle boats that one shot you from out of clip?

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Ambient temp affects heat control I assume? This is the popular map for "hot" mechs?

Sounds like the Designated Hitter rule....

Yes, ambient temp affects heat. No, this is not the most popular map for mechs that run hot. That would be Frozen City (the night variant of the map).

Originally posted by CyborWolfTK

They still have those missle boats that one shot you from out of clip?

Very dependent on your mech and their mech. If you're caught in the open with a Spider or Commando and an LRM boat full of 60 LRMs fires an entire volley at you, you will likely die. HOWEVER.... there are *very* few LRM boats these days, and there are multiple ways to counter LRMs, including ECM (which completely blocks lock-ons unless the enemy is extremely close to you) or AMS (anti-missile system).

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• SteinarBSteinarB Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Heck, I've been running a Cataphract loaded up to simulate a Marauder (2 PPC, 2 Medium Laser, 1 AC/5) and it does quite well indeed on Alpine.  This is a map which rewards balanced builds far more than the small, brawl-friendly and claustrophobic older maps.  I absolutely _LOVE_ Alpine.  And it looks beautiful.