Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racism and pedophilia chat is....

123457»

Comments

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Corehaven

If you don't see sexualized children where they are plainly there, seek professional help. 

For you to keep ranting on about how the Elin race looks more like grown women and nothing like little girls is just plain bizarre. 

YEA LOOK!  A full grown woman!  Women look like that don't they!  Suuuure they do!  That doesnt look like a little girl at all.  Not even a little bit.  As we all know, little girls develope in cacoons and hatch into something looking like that when they reach maturity.  COMON FOLKS! 

IM JUST SEEING LITTLE GIRLS WHERE THEY'RE ARENT ANY!  That's not a little girl!  That's a full grown lady with all her shots!  I'm seeing little girls where there's NOT any!  HELP HELP! 

Because all this time, I thought THIS.....

THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT a grown woman actually looked like.  But in fact. THIS is a little girl.  So dont get them confused.  Elin are not little girls, but rather, full grown ladies.  I'm glad I got that all cleared up!  THANK YOU for finally showing me the light. 

We may be missing something here.  Dihoru,a 23 year old from Romania may well have a different set of cultural perceptions than, well saya 57 year old Australian grandfather like me.
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Dihoru

16 years old (and a convicted rapist apparently, go figure China trying to catch Russia up)

18+ year old south korean athlete (couldn't find her name but she's one of the senior athletes so she's over 18).

Did I make my point yet?

No.  You really didn't.  Because that picture looks like a nearly grown woman.  

Do you also insist that apples look like chimpmunks?  Because apples look like chimpunks more than Elin look anything like grown women. 

See look at the girl in the picture you just posted.....see her......yes.....and now compare her to this.....

See, there is these people who are known as little girls.  I have an 8 year old daughter.  She has blond hair and blue eyes.  She looks EXACTLY like that.  No really,  I see her every day.  Of course she doesn't wear stuff like that because I'd just go ahead and freak right out if she ever did. 

Anyways THAT does not look anything remotely like the picture you posted. 

Not even close.  In fact what I posted looks a lot like.....

Yeeeea.....like THAT.  By the way, that's not a picture of a full grown woman.  I thought you should know.  That is a picture of a little girl.  Probably age 8-10.   It's very important you be able to tell the difference.  Please try hard to do so.  Really. 

See?  The two pictures I posted kind of look alike don't they?  YES THEY DO!  DONT YOU SAY THEY DONT!  I know you'll try but don't even.  DONT YOU!  STOP IT!  See that's a picture of a little girl, and there's the picture of an Elin......which is...basically a picture of a little girl.  With bunny ears.  And....whatever....gah. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Um... yeah, that picture of Tinkerbell someone just posted is NOT how I remember her.  I googled the old Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, and yep, feminine features, and nothing overly-childlike - in fact, very teen-esque much like the rest of the cast.  I'm not wrong because Disney decided to change their character designs.  She looks completely goofy now, and I stand by what I said, just not using Disney's disproportionate new look.
  • sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109

this is such a ridiculous debate, it is a fairy or some type of similar being not a little human real life girl or a grown up one... it isn't real life, it's a fantasy being.

i mean what the heck is this?  does that thing whatever it is have anything to do with a real person?

http://obsoletegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/TERA_E3_008.jpg

it doesn't matter what someone remember of tinkerbell, tinkerbell isn't the only fairy and there isn't one version of tinkerbell... also fairies aren't the only fantasy beings that have similar qualities as that.

the reason i brought up tinkerbell is to show that the mythos of fairies is generally like that,  it's not a direct comparison as the elin are more of an anime styled version.

there's many different types of this and interpretations, etc.

please for the love of sterling archer close this ridiculous thread.. it's like a traincrash that i can't stop coming back to but at the same time the ridiculousness of it makes my head spin. haha.

ps: i'm against the elin because i don't think they do a great job of representing the fantasy being aforementioned.

it's just basically an anime styled version of it but i don't think it translates very well, i'm a big fan of  fairies or other similar beings and this game isn't the best representation of that in my opinion.

which is why i'm currently not playing the game and probably won't in the future... but i do hope a future game can interpret a fairy or similar fantasy being into an mmo as a true representation.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    there is some sickos in this thread , no need to even debate it anymore. IF it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck. You can always tell who has children of there own and who doesnt on this site. Rationlizing this garbage is beyond crossing the lines of gaming here and this thread should be closed.
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by cronius77
    there is some sickos in this thread , no need to even debate it anymore. IF it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck. You can always tell who has children of there own and who doesnt on this site. Rationlizing this garbage is beyond crossing the lines of gaming here and this thread should be closed.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. 

There's fans of this game who just relentlessly go on about how Elin are a fantasy race, and therefore not little girls despite looking exactly like.....little preteen children dressed in provocative stuff.  I can call a monkey a tree trunk if I want but it's still what it is. 

Despite that, I think some of the responses here are people who are fans of Tera, and are just trying to defend a seriously bad point of the game.  Doesn't mean they drool over little girls or anything.  With most its probably quite the contrary. 

However the point of the Elin debate is to simply say that, the reason there's vileness in chat, and weirdos playing the game probably has a lot to do with Elin looking like little preteen girls in provacative clothing.  Now whether any fans of this game agree or not, that's perfectly fine.  YOU may not think they look like little girls at all, but a lot of players do, and I can probably safely say a lot of those players play Tera in part for that reason. 

Fans need to take a step back from claiming people who see  Elin as little girls have a problem.  Certainly not.  In fact if you just showed the Elin images to average non gamer people they'd tell you those were little girls.  They'd probably be apalled too.   I just called my wife over to look at some images just a second ago.  She doesn't play mmos.  Her response, "What in the world is that?   That's sick.  Why would they put little girls in a video game barely wearing anything?  Are those BUNNY EARS ON HER HEAD???? " .   I guess she's a pervert too right?  She's only a mother of two, and about as straight laced as it gets.

The fans that play Tera so they can play as a bunny eared little preteen looking race barely wearing anything?  And saying perverted things over chat to boot?  Yea those folks do have a problem.  (Which is probably only a portion of the Tera fan base and does not represent it as a whole)

And that problem is apparently bad enough that its not benefiting the game itself. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by cronius77

That's pretty much how I feel about it. 

There's fans of this game who just relentlessly go on about how Elin are a fantasy race, and therefore not little girls despite looking exactly like.....little preteen children dressed in provocative stuff.  I can call a monkey a tree trunk if I want but it's still what it is. 

Despite that, I think some of the responses here are people who are fans of Tera, and are just trying to defend a seriously bad point of the game.  Doesn't mean they drool over little girls or anything.  With most its probably quite the contrary. 

However the point of the Elin debate is to simply say that, the reason there's vileness in chat, and weirdos playing the game probably has a lot to do with Elin looking like little preteen girls in provacative clothing.  Now whether any fans of this game agree or not, that's perfectly fine.  YOU may not think they look like girls at all, but a lot of players do, and I can probably safely say a lot of those players play Tera in part for that reason. 

Fans need to take a step back from claiming people who see little girls have a problem.  Certainly not.  The fans that play Tera so they can play as a bunny eared little preteen looking race barely wearing anything?  And saying perverted things over chat to boot?  Yea those folks do have a problem.  (Which is probably only a portion of the Tera fan base and does not represent it as a whole)

And that problem is apparently bad enough that its not benefiting the game itself. 

you sir are absolutely right , i play tera off and on myself and just the amount of pedo talk in general chat speaks volumes of the subject at hand. This isnt the only game to do it nor will it be the last but people at some point need to take a long look in the mirror and figure out if they want to support this sort of garbage in video games. I remember a game about two weeks ago showed up here on the list with mostly nude females fighting scarlet blade and this community destroyed them for doing it and preached about how they hated this in video games. Yet there is a good majority in this thread supporting the exact same thing done up to look just like a young girl. They get a free pass here because tera is much more popular and people want to rationlize it as they just love the game. Its vulgar and distasteful and for the many large points that are positive about Tera , this and the chat itself in this game brings it crumbling down. Enmasse thought so in the begining its why you see the elin with hotpants on now instead of underwear like the korean version. Plus come on now bunny ears cutsey crap on a pre teen model that should seriously set off a red flag to most normal people anyways.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    This thread shouldn't be allowed to continue. I dont' think exreamists on either side should be allowed to spew this BS.
This discussion has been closed.