Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of wushu is advertised as open pvp, LIES! PVP Sucks! 72 hours in jail.

Comments

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

I've been meaning to give this game a try and admittedly this has made me even more wary, but I and the OP have clearly different ways of going about things.  So long as I don't go wantonly ravaging the newbie areas this shouldn't be a problem I assume.  I usually play the white hat anyway but If I choose to don a black one I'd like to know this doesn't happen except to the most special cases of Wushu-troll.

BTW I still feel for you OP, that's a tough sentence(if it wasn't ban worthy) in a game no matter what the circumstances.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Were you the 200 liang (silver for those that don't play) bounty I saw someone post the other day? lol I was doing team practice and saw that put up and laughed and said to my friends someone really pissed another player off. And that was the largest bounty I had ever seen while playing.
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

You might not want to go on rampant pk or else you'll do the time ;/

If you're gonna murder someone it better be worth it.

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by smokefin

72 hours in jail. I killed 30 people and after that i died to 4 other players and went to jail. Now i need to serve 72 game time hours of jail. I literally didnt belive it at first, but its true. SO:

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

Unsubscribed soon as i found out. This is clearly not a game for me, but carebares. I'm not going to pay for a game where i cannot function for 26 days. Also, there is no world pvp, only duels. Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one. So there is no pvp for me if im unguilded.

I can say that i really enjoyed the sandbox and graphics, but this game is mucking retarded.

Thanks for reading.

Clearly the OP is killing lots of people and maybe even from his own school, people he goes instance with and have a very smelly repuatation till no guild wants him. So now a selfish bastard who only cares about killing people who are maybe even defenseless think that he should not feel some pain after he was caught by a constable.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

72 hours in jail. I killed 30 people and after that i died to 4 other players and went to jail. Now i need to serve 72 game time hours of jail. I literally didnt belive it at first, but its true. SO:

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

Unsubscribed soon as i found out. This is clearly not a game for me, but carebares. I'm not going to pay for a game where i cannot function for 26 days. Also, there is no world pvp, only duels. Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one. So there is no pvp for me if im unguilded.

I can say that i really enjoyed the sandbox and graphics, but this game is mucking retarded.

Thanks for reading.

But you were open world pvping.  What you might be complaining about is consequences for your actions.  lol

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by EndDream
    QQ Man, you did the crime do the time. This acually makes me interested in the game though, 

/agree

I didn't look at Age of Wushu yet, but if there's a criminal ruleset around PvP like this I think I might jump into it. Now I only need to know how to wash the 'bad karma' from the crimes committed ;-)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    So here comes the carebears....

Just bust out of jail with other jailed players, it is a mmo afterall, talk to your cellmates if you dont want to be in jail and devise a plan.

And as they said, do the crime, do the time. Read the digital manual to the game for future reference to see what your getting yourself into and how to play the game.

• MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH Member Posts: 22
    So you think 26 days of afking in real life is good punishment for killing 30 players?

72 hours is not 26 days, leave your pc on not hard to do.

It's PVP with consequences ehich games seem to have forgotten these days, makes things alot more fun dont like it dont pvp in zones where consequences are applied.

I forget what the timers were like in ultima but im sure it was longer than 72 hours

• MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Swiftrevoir

I've been meaning to give this game a try and admittedly this has made me even more wary, but I and the OP have clearly different ways of going about things.  So long as I don't go wantonly ravaging the newbie areas this shouldn't be a problem I assume.  I usually play the white hat anyway but If I choose to don a black one I'd like to know this doesn't happen except to the most special cases of Wushu-troll.

BTW I still feel for you OP, that's a tough sentence(if it wasn't ban worthy) in a game no matter what the circumstances.

you mis read, its an ingame jail for ingame actions like killing people in towns etc and being caught

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    No I understood that it is in game jail time.  I meant that the clock should keep running no matter if you're in game or not.  Three days seems pretty extreme, but it sounds like I don't have the full story from the OP.  If what he did was as extreme as some of you have pointed out then maybe it should be looked at as a soft ban of sorts *shrug*.
  • AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

@Reizla it drop with time if You dont go above 8000 ( if I good remember) , You may pay beggars with tradeable currency amount of points depends from amount of moneys

in chinese server if You dont have criminal status You dont have to be online

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So yeah, you senselessly killed people, sounds right for the jail time. 

See, mindlessly killing players =/= skill. People who really think its fine or even 'fun' really have a screw loose. If anything, the fact you can be caught would make it more interesting. When your thinkign running around ganking people is a sign of being good that shouldn't be punished, I'm sorry but I just don't have respect for you at all. 

PvP should ALWAYS have a reason for being done. If its 'open' then there should be penalties to fit that in order to make the act of brainless killing punishment have consequences behind it. I think 72 hours jail works just fine for this. 

And as a side note, I actually do play on a PvP server on a good majority of the MMos I play. The only games I hesitate on are Open world pvp were players like the OP can typically run around ganking lowbies who stand no chance for 'fun' and can get away without a mark against them in some dillusion that it takes remotely any skill. Least in faction based a bad player doing that on lowbies its at least teams making it have some sense even if its pathetic. 

Without a 'law' system in place, it would just be people abusing others killing them with 0 reason at all. Having those 'laws' in place is what stops the game from becoming a griefing zone, much like laws in RL keep order and allow the world to be a much better place.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Sounds good, this post actually reignited my interest in the game.
  • django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115
    This is a perfect system to filter out scrubs. Enjoy prison.
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Am i the only one who thinks the penalties should be more harsh?

You can easily kill 1-4 people without going to jail.

Furthermore, you can avoid bounties by not ganking a person.

Jail is soft in this game most criminals do 40min jail time which is nothing and actually a blessing in disguise to go eat or go for a smoke.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic
    Am i the only one who thinks the penalties should be more harsh? You can easily kill 1-4 people without going to jail. Furthermore, you can avoid bounties by not ganking a person. Jail is soft in this game most criminals do 40min jail time which is nothing and actually a blessing in disguise to go eat or go for a smoke.

It's harsh enough. Look at this way. You kill a guy he res's. He lose about 2 mins of game time. He places 10 silver bounty the other guy loses 20 mins. He places a 100L bounty the guy loses 5 hours. 

I think the purpose of the system is to get the offender out the way long enough for the the offened to get what they need done.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    There is also a Execution system where they can Permakill your toon don't forget. You should be happy with the slap on the wrist you got.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    There is also a Execution system where they can Permakill your toon don't forget. You should be happy with the slap on the wrist you got.

lol not perma kill :) I thought the dame the first time I was on AoW death row. You get a 3 day nasty debuff I think.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    So here comes the carebears....

You are using this statement wrong.

A carebear is someone who is all "Lets all just be friends!  I don't like PVP its bad!"  etc.  Like the carebear tv show?

People telling you that you need to man up because you did a crime and you gotta do the time.. that's not being care bear, in fact if anything YOU are being carebear complaining about game mechanics.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    24h 
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    A pk is crying the blues. Oh what sweet music to my ears!
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

What a great game, teaching immature people, like the OP, the consequence of breaking the law and being a social outcast.

I highly recommend this game (though I don't play it myself because I don't like how the make the Asian clothing looks in there). Very educational for the kids so people don't grow up to be a jerk like the OP. All parents should get their kid to play this game imo, lol.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Huge.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Bounty hunters?

Jail?

Prison break?

Bribe?

Open world?

/downloading

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by AresPL

@Reizla it drop with time if You dont go above 8000 ( if I good remember) , You may pay beggars with tradeable currency amount of points depends from amount of moneys

Sounds much like how Silkroad online used to handle PK karma in the past. Only there it was a bit harder sinc eyou had a life-loosing debuff as long as you had karma (yeah, that system was a real bitch :p). Not to mention a high drop chance upton death so there were always players around you to (try to) kill you...

Looks like I'll wait for Age of Wushu and play it at launch. Might be a good game to play for me ;-)

This discussion has been closed.