Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

by the way in case you didnt know about pvp in AA

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88
2013-02-19 15:41:35.897

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Nothing wrong with that, its realistic.

The more realistic the better, If i want to kill some asshats prize horse... let me.  Cant complain about systems that allow for more flexibilty.

Remember, the more we as a community complain about stuff like that, the more stale and genaric the games become

remember  CHOICES AND FREEDOME!!

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    As in perma death?  And if so are horses just an easily replaceable commodity? 
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

It's not the first time mounts ever had hitpoints.  Fallen Earth uses a system like that, other games before that as well.  In Fallen Earth, you would need to pay a stables to go get your injured horse and then pay for it's recovery.  I remember an article some time ago discussing how to heal injured mounts in AA.

Since some mounts are unique quest or event rewards, it won't be permadeath.  But it sounds like it will be a sufficient annoyance to not want to jump off that cliff while mounted just to see your mounts death animation :P

Realism is good .. just look at SWTOR's companion system for a bad example.  Get your companion killed, then just click a button to resummon them back with full hps.  ummm ... no thank you.  Defeats any purpose their death might serve.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

Not perma death. What happens is if your horse dies, you can rez it but it will res with 1 HP and a greatly decreased speed. Once you visit the nearest stable, it will recover your horse back to full HP/Speed. You kinda have to be dumb for it to die because you can unsummon it at any time mid battle to avoid it dying.

Also note that not only does your horse die, you can fight along side it to level it, it will gain abilities (like speed burst, attacks, or mounted combat and many more). You also gear your horse and the gear does show up on the horse model. Another cool thing is that there is specifici mounts for different functions, horses are built for speed, while others specialize in other things like stronger offense or another mount with teleport and stealth abilities.

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Its simply taken from UO.
    Originally posted by steelwind

Not perma death. What happens is if your horse dies, you can rez it but it will res with 1 HP and a greatly decreased speed. Once you visit the nearest stable, it will recover your horse back to full HP/Speed. You kinda have to be dumb for it to die because you can unsummon it at any time mid battle to avoid it dying.

Also note that not only does your horse die, you can fight along side it to level it, it will gain abilities (like speed burst, attacks, or mounted combat and many more). You also gear your horse and the gear does show up on the horse model. Another cool thing is that there is specifici mounts for different functions, horses are built for speed, while others specialize in other things like stronger offense or another mount with teleport and stealth abilities.

I dislike having mounts other than horses, largely because the dev's always end up escalating them until everyone is riding around on some bloody armoured rhino, or a fire breathing pterodactyl or something equally stupid.  

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

I disagree on the UO to a point. In UO you could only target the mount when the rider was dismounted. 

Though yes this was the first game to have mounted combat where your horse could be killed as well. 

I am actually glad that they took so many successful sandbox elements from UO. 

Originally posted by WellzyC

Nothing wrong with that, its realistic.

The more realistic the better, If i want to kill some asshats prize horse... let me.  Cant complain about systems that allow for more flexibilty.

Love this btw ^

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If you think about it in eve your "horse" gets shot up a lot of times, well a lot if your as bad as me.
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

How can this be perceived as 'bad'?

Its AMAZING what people/western mmoers will whine about........lmao, just amazing..........

How awesome is this? Being able to shoot a mount from underneath some dummy whos bunny hoping on the battlefield?

Please, this is a GOOD thing.......

Well done XL

All Will Be Well.....

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

I dislike having mounts other than horses, largely because the dev's always end up escalating them until everyone is riding around on some bloody armoured rhino, or a fire breathing pterodactyl or something equally stupid.  

'I just hate it when my fantasy games include some mounts other than horses.'  (Irony detector needed)

Now I'd agree that some structure for rarity of your mounts would be a good thing.   Having the easy equivalent of a vorpal mount would also be a bad idea.   Good world builders use little things like this to differentiate cultures, areas and the world's background. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Kinda cool.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

AND while being out and following you around your Mount gains XP, can level up, can gain abilities. 

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1045-mounts-and-transportation/

As well, you can have a Combat pet, Wolf for the Nuian and Elves, Cat for the Hariharan and Ferre.

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1064-battle-pets-wolf-cbt5/

(pet guide needs updating with the Cat info)

Originally posted by Arglebargle

'I just hate it when my fantasy games include some mounts other than horses.'  (Irony detector needed)

Now I'd agree that some structure for rarity of your mounts would be a good thing.   Having the easy equivalent of a vorpal mount would also be a bad idea.   Good world builders use little things like this to differentiate cultures, areas and the world's background. 

But I never said I liked high fantasy, the problem is I do like mmo's which kind of forces you to play high fantasy to some degree (unless you ignore 3/4 of the genre).  I like a coherent, consistent world, I dislike humanoids with animal heads, magic bloody everywhere, and the general hugely OTT absurdities you see in most high fantasy.  I also dislike mounts other than horses.  

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

SWG had this system, you could destroy someone's speeder if they left it out.   Needless to say, people learned not to really quick.  

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

It's evovled from lineage's pet system, nothing to do with UO.

"mounts" are not mounts in Archeage. They are not simply just the "moneysink for faster travel" system like in todays themeparks. It's called pet system for a reason.

The correct statement would have been, "in AA other players can kill your SWTOR companion"

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by sea.shell

It's evovled from lineage's pet system, nothing to do with UO.

"mounts" are not mounts in Archeage. They are not simply just the "moneysink for faster travel" system like in todays themeparks. It's called pet system for a reason.

The correct statement would have been, "in AA other players can kill your SWTOR companion"

and lineage took it from nethack.....

uuuuh what a cruel world, you wanna show off and have to find out you know nothing, eh? :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by sea.shell It's evovled from lineage's pet system, nothing to do with UO. "mounts" are not mounts in Archeage. They are not simply just the "moneysink for faster travel" system like in todays themeparks. It's called pet system for a reason. The correct statement would have been, "in AA other players can kill your SWTOR companion"
    and lineage took it from nethack.....

uuuuh what a cruel world, you wanna show off and have to find out you know nothing, eh? :)

Since nethack is no mmo and the pet "system" in no shape or form is equal to named mmos, i guess your statement says a lot about your personality, but please don't feel stopped by me.

I'm pretty sure there is an ancient book in greek where they had pets. :)

But judging from your tone and hostility i guess you are not here for a discussion, have fun on my ignore list.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Im glad that you can kill mounts, ships, pets, and livestock. Its as it should be!

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3