Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From a Fan of DAOC

SalemovSalemov DubaiPosts: 10Member Uncommon

I don't want to re live the best days of mmorpg ever had in plaing DAOC!!!!!!!!!!!

I want somthing better :) 

How about we take it to 5 factions or more instead of 3 how about we make it you can choose which faction to join based in your race. there could be some restrections like Half ogers can join faction a and b while Trolls can join only faction c and maybe humens can join all factions.

How about we have Major quests that can lead to a  force diplomacy between to factiion for a set of time. ( Time to breath for a hammered down faction or a maneuvor to press another faction )

What I am trying to say is not to stick with daoc image but build a better one there hunderds of ideas waiting to be explored.

to City State Entertainment best of luck and you bet I am going to support you in your kickstarter.

sorry english is not my first language.

Comments

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member Common

5 factions wouldn't really necessary make the experience any better. infact it would possibly make it worse. the thing is with 2 faction, if one faction becomes dominant the 2 will be forced to then fight that singular faction. with 5 though if 1 becomes more domiant, ther're kinda not forced to fight all the other playerbase. and its 66% more content they would have to make from IMO, not much gain.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLPosts: 20,947Member Rare
    Seems like a greater portion of ESO fans would prefer that players get to choose their faction to join (if any)

"Winning" at EVE Online since 2006! 

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member Common

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Seems like a greater portion of ESO fans would prefer that players get to choose their faction to join (if any)

I this though im sure we can visit the other factions lands!

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• meddyckmeddyck USAPosts: 1,146Member Uncommon
    3 realms is enough. It will be hard enough for them to create and balance 3 realms' worth of classes in time for release. More realms would be unnecessary overkill.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• SalemovSalemov DubaiPosts: 10Member Uncommon

as Daoc fan  and I think most with me here, I am looking for a freash experience with daoc core ideas but not to mimic the game.

But what realy is DAOC core!!!!!?

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com Streamer LPosts: 44Member
    I think 5 realms is extremely risky for the sake of balance. I am not sure how that could play out.

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• Father_JackFather_Jack Portland, ORPosts: 81Member
    I do think that 3, is the magic number.
  • LokyLoky Toronto, ONPosts: 182Member

3 is great. Never thought about 5. Can't say i would not try it though. Why not? Unfortunatly its a big risk, which usually ends on a forum wish list.

Still i would definatly try it!

• aylwynnaylwynn idontsayPosts: 94Member
    3 is perfect.
  • KaocanKaocan Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,270Member
    Do we get to experience good old fashioned troll lag in RvR again? That would bring back some memories huh.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• SmorakSmorak Saint Petersburg, FLPosts: 62Member
    Originally posted by Salemov

I don't want to re live the best days of mmorpg ever had in plaing DAOC!!!!!!!!!!!

I want somthing better :) 

How about we take it to 5 factions or more instead of 3 how about we make it you can choose which faction to join based in your race. there could be some restrections like Half ogers can join faction a and b while Trolls can join only faction c and maybe humens can join all factions.

How about we have Major quests that can lead to a  force diplomacy between to factiion for a set of time. ( Time to breath for a hammered down faction or a maneuvor to press another faction )

What I am trying to say is not to stick with daoc image but build a better one there hunderds of ideas waiting to be explored.

to City State Entertainment best of luck and you bet I am going to support you in your kickstarter.

sorry english is not my first language.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome.  The OP is asking for innovation.  He wants a NEW game.  He doesn't want an old game that they cut PVE and made crafting a full time job.  (BTW, those of us with jobs don't want to come home and "play" work again.)

5 factions... 7 factions!  Something different.  Make it 3 static factions but you can change your alleigance at certain points in the game.  I just spent 60 seconds and I've already come up with a newer, better game.

Come on CSE, show us you're worth the money.