Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzcon 2013 Announcements

I am very hopeful that Blizzard will announce "Titan"...whatever that is, this year at Blizzcon.  Any thoughts to the contrary? Is there any indication that the market is prepared for another blizzard MMO?  

Comments

• PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48
    I hope they will but I dont think so

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Blizzard traditionally sets up a World Wide Invitation to announce/showcase entirely new games.  Blizzcon is typically reserved for fan-fare and expansions.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Shmaw
    I am very hopeful that Blizzard will announce "Titan"...whatever that is, this year at Blizzcon.  Any thoughts to the contrary? Is there any indication that the market is prepared for another blizzard MMO?  

I highly doubt it. It makes no sense from a business standpoint, as far as I am concerned they have years to work on Titan before they need to release it, otherwise it will just compete with WoW for subs. They will wait till WoW is dying in the next couple of years before anything big happens is my guess.

Take it or leave it, I may be wrong.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

I highly doubt it. It makes no sense from a business standpoint, as far as I am concerned they have years to work on Titan before they need to release it, otherwise it will just compete with WoW for subs. They will wait till WoW is dying in the next couple of years before anything big happens is my guess.

I think it may be a good time for the announcement. Most AAA games announce years before launch, e.g., SWTOR 2008 announced.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I am hoping for the annoucment of the inevitable D3 expansion.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Douftful that will be the case.  They've already made statements that"Titan" will not be competeing directly.  From what I recall something along the lines that for those that want the gear grind mechanics then WoW will be their MMO of choice while "Titan" will be targeting a different sort of audiance.  It makes no snese to release it when WoW is dying since all that does is hurt their pockets because of loss of customers which might be permenently lost.  They'll release it when it's ready but it still has a long ways to go.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by furbans

Douftful that will be the case.  They've already made statements that"Titan" will not be competeing directly.  From what I recall something along the lines that for those that want the gear grind mechanics then WoW will be their MMO of choice while "Titan" will be targeting a different sort of audiance.  It makes no snese to release it when WoW is dying since all that does is hurt their pockets because of loss of customers which might be permenently lost.  They'll release it when it's ready but it still has a long ways to go.

Well that's kind of disheartening. I have nearly lost faith in blizz since WoTLK, nothing good really has come out of the studio, was hoping they could get back to the basics on what made WoW good with Titan. I'm going to be highly disappointed if it's some sci fi MMOFPS or some other experiment like the market is currently flooded with. Heres to hoping they don't make it too groundbreaking and stick to what works while leaving out what doesn't work :D

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

We can expect D3 expac,WoW expac,Sc2expac,Blizzard Dota and probably a tease for Titan

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by LongLivePvP

We can expect D3 expac,WoW expac,Sc2expac,Blizzard Dota and probably a tease for Titan

That would be good enough for me.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

What I really hope it to be is something similar to Second LIfe, but with modern graphics, futuristic setting (near future) and flexible constructor to build everything we want. Also possibility to convert virtual dollars into real ones, and freedom to explore and colonize other planets. Now that would be cool

Would be disappointed if its just another MMOFPS

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    PvP for Diablo. Wait? Is Blizzcon a commedy club?
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by furbans

They've already made statements that"Titan" will not be competeing directly.  From what I recall something along the lines that for those that want the gear grind mechanics then WoW will be their MMO of choice while "Titan" will be targeting a different sort of audiance.  It makes no snese to release it when WoW is dying since all that does is hurt their pockets because of loss of customers which might be permenently lost.  They'll release it when it's ready but it still has a long ways to go.

i have no idea about the dev cycle

we do know Titan has been in development for at least 5 years (since 2007)

http://www.1up.com/news/blizzard-confirms-mmo-development

we also know Titan has been supposedly "playable inhouse" for the last 2 years

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-08-blizzard-playing-titan-mmo-already

Blizzard said they dont mind cannibalizing themselves

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/33623/Blizzards_Pearce_Diablo_III_Could_Cannibalize_WoW_Before_Titan.php#.USUaifLxHJQ

"it's better we cannibalize them ourselves than let someone else do that,

because if we cannibalize them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer,"