Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting Over

1235»

Comments

• SSJGotenx268SSJGotenx268 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Dfix

Like I have said before. I usually pop my head in these forums weekly to help out with questions about the state of the game today and try to point people in the right direction for good info. You on the other hand have nothing of value to add. You spew the am old rehashed crap for attention. It's the same old tired story over and over. “Abyssea ruined the game! No wait ToAU ruined the game, I played ffxi before it was mainstream so I'm better than you.“ Make up you mind already.

Trying to discredit the game when ToAU came out when the game was in it's golden years? Give me a break. XP chains broke the game? What the hell are you even talking about? You could XP chain at level 1 in Ron on T mobs. I think you're really grasping at straws now here. Maybe next you will tell everyone that NAs ruined the game and you played on a JP server...

This site gets no FFXI traffic because it is so far off the radar of FFXI players. I come here for general MMO news and to stop by the FFXI forums to see if people have questions. Other than that. I (like people who actually play the game) stick to BG, FFXIAH and Guildwork for FFXI related topics. Of course I'm sure you know that since you obviously keep your finger on the pulse of the FFXI community, right?

It takes a lot more than some troll to get my panties in a bunch. I'm glad I can have a conversation with someone that closes their replies with “!@#$ off loser” it helps me to understand the mentality of the person I am conversing with. Cheers!

Can you recommend some sort of guide/new player info? My friend and I are going to be doing the 14 day trial and although I already have another character on a different server from a long time ago, I'll be needing some refreshing on what to do when you first start out and it would also benifit my friend.

Thanks in advance!

• StandadeezyStandadeezy Member Posts: 23

if you are starting with a friend, i reccomend you guys just start leveling up together. fields of valor (exp book/pages) help this process now.

**make sure you buy scrolls/equipment early on from vendors, AH will destroy your wallet.

also, if you are looking for some help, feel free to join us on the QUETZACOATL server.

id be more than happy to help out!

char: Standadeezy

server: quetzacoatl

linkshell: ctrlAltDel

• Rhaegar707Rhaegar707 Member Posts: 3

Like I have said before. I usually pop my head in these forums weekly to help out with questions about the state of the game today and try to point people in the right direction for good info. You on the other hand have nothing of value to add. You spew the am old rehashed crap for attention. It's the same old tired story over and over. “Abyssea ruined the game! No wait ToAU ruined the game, I played ffxi before it was mainstream so I'm better than you.“ Make up you mind already.

Trying to discredit the game when ToAU came out when the game was in it's golden years? Give me a break. XP chains broke the game? What the hell are you even talking about? You could XP chain at level 1 in Ron on T mobs. I think you're really grasping at straws now here. Maybe next you will tell everyone that NAs ruined the game and you played on a JP server...

This site gets no FFXI traffic because it is so far off the radar of FFXI players. I come here for general MMO news and to stop by the FFXI forums to see if people have questions. Other than that. I (like people who actually play the game) stick to BG, FFXIAH and Guildwork for FFXI related topics. Of course I'm sure you know that since you obviously keep your finger on the pulse of the FFXI community, right?

It takes a lot more than some troll to get my panties in a bunch. I'm glad I can have a conversation with someone that closes their replies with “!@#$ off loser” it helps me to understand the mentality of the person I am conversing with. Cheers!

I said that the exp chains you could achieve with ToAU was a start in the direction of making the game easy mode, I mentioned it briefly in that context, since no they were like no other exp chains you could get before anywhere else in the game. Get some reading comprehension.

The value i "add" is that i'm letting people who are here looking to get back in to the game know that it would be a waste of money to resub and discover for themselves how the game has fallen, as I myself made that mistake. I'm not trying to discredit the game, I am. Who are you to say my opinion of the state of the game has no value?

I'm not pulling straws and i'm definitely not a troll, but clearly your "panties" are. Looks like my post got deleted by a mod, what a joke. I have perfectly legit points and every time you respond you just say meaningless stuff that beats around the bush of what i'm actually saying, along with some petty insults to which i don't see your posts getting deleted for.

That's cool that you understand what I think you are tho, glad to hear that got through. haha

• Rhaegar707Rhaegar707 Member Posts: 3

These 'new' vendors that sell gear and spells are news to me, and while they sound good in concept, I doubt they sell everything the functioning auction house used to provide. Also, the fact that they felt it appropriate to even add these new vendors means that they acknowledge that they broke the auction house by destroying the pace of their game, and their solution is to blanket it with another casual-easy-to-acquire feature

and you want to know why this place gets little ffxi traffic and is off the radar? it's because primarily only old players who played on pc would be coming here and most of the current players are new xbox players with no perspective on how it was. xbox players aren't coming to mmorpg.com, lol. which is also why i brought up the fact that it took longer to level up before you started playing. to point out that you have limited perspective on what i'm talking about. not to seek attention and pull rank

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Originally posted by SSJGotenx268

Can you recommend some sort of guide/new player info? My friend and I are going to be doing the 14 day trial and although I already have another character on a different server from a long time ago, I'll be needing some refreshing on what to do when you first start out and it would also benifit my friend.

Thanks in advance!

Here are a few links to a couple of posts I have made here. I'm sure you will find these useful. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5534777#5534777

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/74/view/forums/post/5088157#5088157

If you have any more questions you can either put them in this thread or you can PM me.

Vivik-Cerberus