Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racism and pedophilia chat is....

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by neorandom
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by stayontarget
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

...actually ok in this game.. Mind boggled!  I've reported several people for absolutely disturbing things and the GMs have said it's ok as long as they change one word in the spelling.  I had a guy tell me in global chat that if I had a 5 year old daughter he would rape her while I slept.. I reported him and received an email that a punishment has been given.. He is still playing today!  This company is truly pathetic..  Just my two cents of course..  It's very messed up the way this genre is heading.

Edit:  Please don't ban me for this post just because I don't agree with the company.. Maybe it's because of the way I was raised  /shrug

I think they give a day or two global chat ban for abusing global chat.....If you were expecting an account ban over it then you are sadly mistaken.  Not going to happen...thank god.

So talking about raping my children is ok with you?!

its protected speach under the first amendmant, so if the game dont wanna crack down on it its just talk anyway.  as mentioned before, if you dont like it, dont pay the game money or play it, theyll get the message when they only have a few assholes flaming each other in chat not paying to play.

Neorandom,

33 years old?   Really?  For your sake, I hope you lied.

I laughed at you for a bit, then felt sorry for you. 

-------------------------

Im sorry your children were threatened OP.  Seeing that person still allowed in game would make me angry as well.  Seeing numerous people try and defend that behavior must be disheartening as well. 

I haven't seen anyone in this thread defend pedophilia, I'm pretty sure they would of locked it if it had.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

this game has always suffered from the pedo crowd and now that its free to play its much much worse. When a ignorant company makes a elin toon that looks just like a tiny little girl running around in her underwear of course you are going to have a crowd of weirdos following it. Oh wait but ...but..but... its really a 1000 year old ancient race!!!!! yeah seriously if you use that argument get help please before you hurt a child....

On a serious note , turn off global chat and most of your problems go away. If you are going to troll the global and area chats plan on being trolled yourself because anyone who has done business with this company knows they do not give two craps about harrassment nor verbal abuse etc. Just enjoy the combat and fun times before in a month you are bored to death in tears and realize why everyone left and made this game go free to play to begin with. Trust me its not the community that killed it....

• sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by cronius77

this game has always suffered from the pedo crowd and now that its free to play its much much worse. When a ignorant company makes a elin toon that looks just like a tiny little girl running around in her underwear of course you are going to have a crowd of weirdos following it. Oh wait but ...but..but... its really a 1000 year old ancient race!!!!! yeah seriously if you use that argument get help please before you hurt a child....

On a serious note , turn off global chat and most of your problems go away. If you are going to troll the global and area chats plan on being trolled yourself because anyone who has done business with this company knows they do not give two craps about harrassment nor verbal abuse etc. Just enjoy the combat and fun times before in a month you are bored to death in tears and realize why everyone left and made this game go free to play to begin with. Trust me its not the community that killed it....

so, because you lack imagination everyone else has to conform to that or anyone who doesn't is going to harm a child? seriously?

they are immortal, fairy creatures... they aren't human children, they aren't real... it's a fantasy game.

real children don't have fox/bunny tails, there aren't real giant ogre beasts and elves.

alot of that has to do with one's own issues moreso than the actual character... i'd be looking at the people who have a huge problem with it first and foremost as there's obviously something else going on there, not saying anyone in particular or pointing out anyone specifically but if someone is that worked up over it then there's more behind the scenes.

children don't hold the exclusive rights on small and cute haha.

not in in the fantasy realm.

a fairy i don't think is even sexual it's beyond the physical desires and such, it's not a pathetic mortal, it's an immortal beingd beyond humanity, so if one finds them attractive that's their issue.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

This is exactly what the person wanted, to strike a chord with someone. Sadly it’s what fuels them. I believe Tera has a mature rating which usually tends to have more leniency. Turn off global or whatever it takes if it ruins your gaming. If you're still stressed don't play. Personally I would never let people like that ruin my gaming, that piece of trash isn't worth it.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Ecoces

well duh when you have this as one of the Races .....

of course they aren't going to see Pedophilia as a problem. sorry but any game designer who makes a "child-like" race "sexy" gets no money ever from me

Sans the animal features... I've dated a few women (note, women, that means over 18) who looked pretty much like what you're calling "child-like". Your perception is very screwed up if you think those two pictures represent a child-like race (simple reason for that really: children do not have an ass or hips like that, those features are those of a girl well within her teens though the lack of breasts kind of irks my logic and makes me want to give you the right here it isn't, I know girls 20 years old with As or smallish Bs who look like your image of a child which to me speaks of something very wrong with your own perceptions).

That said I mean no disrespect to you just that I never saw why people called that race child-like because to me they look like a hybrid of asian and anime women and it kinda peeves me that that was the argument by which that race was censored and not for the blatant sexualization of women in general.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Played TERA from pre launch all the way until 6 months after launch.

Never had any of the problems the OP did.

Makes me wonder if we can say the F2P crowd is vulgar.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Played TERA from pre launch all the way until 6 months after launch.

Never had any of the problems the OP did.

Makes me wonder if we can say the F2P crowd is vulgar.

you may not have had his problems but i bet there were other things that might have made you go "WTF" .   

• NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53

... Makes me wonder if we can say the F2P crowd is vulgar.

F2P definitely brings a more diverse crowd into a game, that's for sure.

And a game like TERA, where the characters (males and females) are the scantiest clad in any game I've ever seen, only serves to exacerbate that type of environment.

Originally posted by sxvs

so, because you lack imagination everyone else has to conform to that or anyone who doesn't is going to harm a child? seriously?

they are immortal, fairy creatures... they aren't human children, they aren't real... it's a fantasy game.

real children don't have fox/bunny tails, there aren't real giant ogre beasts and elves.

alot of that has to do with one's own issues moreso than the actual character... i'd be looking at the people who have a huge problem with it first and foremost as there's obviously something else going on there, not saying anyone in particular or pointing out anyone specifically but if someone is that worked up over it then there's more behind the scenes.

a fairy i don't think is even sexual it's beyond the physical desires and such, it's not a pathetic mortal, it's an immortal beingd beyond humanity, so if one finds them attractive that's their issue.

....... seriously read what you said if that toon wasnt in game you wouldnt be having pedo jokes all day long in general chat . Obviously I am far from alone if the topic of everyday Tera is pedo jokes and elin talk. Its far from fantasy its your typical sick asian images of little girls skirted up as "fantasy crreatures"  I can draw this on paper and call it what I want to as well , it doesnt change the fact its a child like image in a short skirt in underwear , or hotpants for Enmasse version.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by mikuniman

This is exactly what the person wanted, to strike a chord with someone. Sadly it’s what fuels them. I believe Tera has a mature rating which usually tends to have more leniency. Turn off global or whatever it takes if it ruins your gaming. If you're still stressed don't play. Personally I would never let people like that ruin my gaming, that piece of trash isn't worth it.

True it does have a mature rating....However to make that statement is wrong.I am sure if this person said it to your face you would cloak clock him one and would not wait for law inforcement..Saying this online is no different.If this was me there be a police at this person door..I would not give this person a satisfaction of a doubt...

I retired retroactively..Haha

....... seriously read what you said if that toon wasnt in game you wouldnt be having pedo jokes all day long in general chat . Obviously I am far from alone if the topic of everyday Tera is pedo jokes and elin talk. Its far from fantasy its your typical sick asian images of little girls skirted up as "fantasy crreatures"  I can draw this on paper and call it what I want to as well , it doesnt change the fact its a child like image in a short skirt in underwear , or hotpants for Enmasse version.

you see those jokes all over the internet, it's not exclusive to terra... if the entire terra game didn't exist they would still exist and go on all over the place because they're about the people.

"child like image"

yes, and that's not a child... they might have some child like qualities to them as fairies do or other similar fantasy beings..  that doesn't make them real life human children.

tinkerbell  even had a leaf skirt thingy as like how most fairies are dressed, they aren't usually covered from head to toe.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111024012845/disney/images/0/08/Tinker_Bell_(Disney_Fairies).jpg

i do agree that the one's in terra are more in the "anime style" than  in classic fantasy or outside of the realm of anime, and a little too over the top in some aspects for my liking..

but it's certain people that can't handle it, or turn it into something or make it into something it's not, etc.

i'd like to see more of these type of characters in games, fairy types or beings that aren't elves/orcs so i hope we see more of them in future games, just maybe not so over the top.

you see those jokes all over the internet, it's not exclusive to terra... if the entire terra game didn't exist they would still exist and go on all over the place because they're about the people.

"child like image"

yes, and that's not a child... they might have some child like qualities to them as fairies do or other similar fantasy beings..  that doesn't make them real life human children.

tinkerbell  even had a leaf skirt thingy as like how most fairies are dressed, they aren't usually covered from head to toe.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111024012845/disney/images/0/08/Tinker_Bell_(Disney_Fairies).jpg

i do agree that the one's in terra are more in the "anime style" than  in classic fantasy or outside of the realm of anime, and a little too over the top in some aspects for my liking..

but it's certain people that can't handle it, or turn it into something or make it into something it's not, etc.

i'd like to see more of these type of characters in games, fairy types or beings that aren't elves/orcs so i hope we see more of them in future games, just maybe not so over the top.

heres my thing though , if you put some clothes on the child like model there wouldnt be one issue out of me and a lot of others with this. I do not have any issue with someone playing a child like character at all , I have an issue with a company putting a child like image on the internet and putting them in just about naked forcing EnMasse and Frogstar to cloth them because of how tacky it was. Trust me I do not lack imagination , im a communication arts and design major who makes a living off thinking outside the box . But certain asian companies mask pedo crap under the geise of a game because they think it will make them more money for being provocative. If they were not trying to do so they could of easily put them in pants or full shorts etc. They chose instead to be vulgar.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

You're playing a game made by people who idolize child-like looking people as sex symbols..  What do you expect?

Of course it's horribly wrong.. I'm sorry that you didn't get the justice that you were looking for.

"child like image"

heres my thing though , if you put some clothes on the child like model there wouldnt be one issue out of me and a lot of others with this. I do not have any issue with someone playing a child like character at all , I have an issue with a company putting a child like image on the internet and putting them in just about naked forcing EnMasse and Frogstar to cloth them because of how tacky it was. Trust me I do not lack imagination , im a communication arts and design major who makes a living off thinking outside the box . But certain asian companies mask pedo crap under the geise of a game because they think it will make them more money for being provocative. If they were not trying to do so they could of easily put them in pants or full shorts etc. They chose instead to be vulgar.

fair enough, i think you do have a point especially in reference to the original version, i'd only seen/played the american version where mine had on shorts but i did google "terra elin" and did see alot of questionable images, and i did say and hold true that it's an over the top representation of the fairy being character.. which isn't particularly in my taste... i'd also prefer them to be a little less over the top.. i don't want to see a fairy in an underwear and bra for example as that isn't what they represent.

all that being said, my main point was simply not to blame the character for the people who act a certain way.

because i want to see more fairy type characters or other similar beings, last thing i want to see is no future similar characters because people can't handle it in a mature way and i'm stuck playing elves/orcs the rest of my life.

as i don't know if i can handle more orcs and elves, i'd like to see a little more imagination and creativity in these games.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

I can name many, many games with characters/NPCs that fit your description and to put it bluntly... you must really really be scared of how many ""pedos" are running around these days.

/sarcasm

That mentality is wrong on so many levels because it speaks to the preconceptions people have more than any real truth.  If some people see children as the elin and call the game a pedophile friendly game then... lemme google something for posterity:

How can this

equal this

to some people?

It's so obviously based on this type of body structure of a mature woman:

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

"child like image"

would like to add that in my eyes tinkerbell and elins are kinda diferent. Tinkerbell is tiny and have the body of a full raised woman. she is smometimes viewed as litle light point like a lantern. elins are completely diferent beasts. 

Originally posted by Dihoru

I can name many, many games with characters/NPCs that fit your description and to put it bluntly... you must really really be scared of how many ""pedos" are running around these days.

/sarcasm

That mentality is wrong on so many levels because it speaks to the preconceptions people have more than any real truth.  If some people see children as the elin and call the game a pedophile friendly game then... lemme google something for posterity:

How can this

equal this

to some people?

Dude...that was a really bad example. Those character models look A LOT more like the child than the adult lol. Just stop while you are behind, it's starting to get kind of creepy.

Originally posted by TsaboHavoc   would like to add that in my eyes tinkerbell and elins are kinda diferent. Tinkerbell is tiny and have the body of a full raised woman. she is smometimes viewed as litle light point like a lantern. elins are completely diferent beasts. 

The poster above you pretty much shot your claims to death.  Sorry, Elin are clearly based off adult models with child like faces like forest nymphs.  I guess all the greeks were pedos too.  

Originally posted by Aeonblades    Dude...that was a really bad example. Those character models look A LOT more like the child than the adult lol. Just stop while you are behind, it's starting to get kind of creepy.

Are you serious?  I think he proved his point rather well..

lets just agree to disagree. 

Originally posted by Aeonblades    Dude...that was a really bad example. Those character models look A LOT more like the child than the adult lol. Just stop while you are behind, it's starting to get kind of creepy.

Are you serious?  I think he proved his point rather well..

lets just agree to disagree. 

Oh I don't care either way, I don't have much of an opinion other than the /ignore advice I gave earlier. That just looked really bad to me, and seemed counterintuitive to an interesting thread.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc   would like to add that in my eyes tinkerbell and elins are kinda diferent. Tinkerbell is tiny and have the body of a full raised woman. she is smometimes viewed as litle light point like a lantern. elins are completely diferent beasts. 

The poster above you pretty much shot your claims to death.  Sorry, Elin are clearly based off adult models with child like faces like forest nymphs.  I guess all the greeks were pedos too.  

actually the post above mine went wrong for the poster cause pretty much proved my point.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Yep, I only quoted you just so we get to look at her again. This site needs more Asian pics.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

some of you can rationalize it all you wish but its so blantantly obvious that if EnMasse and Frogstar told them to put hot pants on the toon , it would cause issues.  I have my opinion and if you take that image you showed to any attorney they will ALL tell you its boarderline childporn. I get it some of you would rather hide behind a guise of free speech and expression , instead of just admitting it looks like child porn. Thats fine we can agree to disagree then but its not going to change my opinion that its vulgar and has absolutely no place in video games. I could care less about mostly nude fighting games or girls in mmorpgs half naked so Im not prude in one bit , but Elin look like children , could care less about putting the pic up next to a asian girl just to try and prove some invalid point about it not looking like a child. This reminds me of guys who get caught sexing with some young girl or getting half naked pics from them then complaining to the police they thought she was 18....
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

When was the last time you reported someone in a game and got an email or GM responce at all ?

Tera doesn't send you emails saying a punishment was handed out. GMs don't tell you what they did or didn't do.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by nationalcity
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Originally posted by Ecoces

well duh when you have this as one of the Races .....

of course they aren't going to see Pedophilia as a problem. sorry but any game designer who makes a "child-like" race "sexy" gets no money ever from me

This is exactly why I quit playing. When you get people commenting on what they would like to do to their "child" character, it's time for me to move on.

OP...people are doubting some of what you say, but I found chat to be as bad as you described. Obviously people posting here do not pay attention to the chat when they play. I wish I could ignore chat in mmo's, but I watch it often to look for people selling stuff or LFG.

OP...Do like I did and find something else to play.

Just my thoughts on the subject

It's so stupid though to quit over something so trivial IGNORE it....

I mean really people can't turn off the chat or block people I mean if you like the game. I just don't understand people quitting basically means (the haters, trollers, whatever you wanna call em) WIN.....

This community is no worse then Wow or AOC...

AOC has the worst people I have ever dealt with in my life.... This doesnt even compare.....

There is absolutely nothing stupid about anyone's decision to leave a game, no matter the reason.  We all have different tastes and limits to our patience, who the hell are you to tell us otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.