Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I found my MMO

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    What ultimately killed war. Ea don't support their mmos. It's almost funny seeing them pull the same tricks with expansions that arent really expansions and what have you with swtor.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by velmax

3. Niche Population- The game doesn't have its 800,000 subcribers it had at launch, but it does have its hardcore playerbase, that believes in the game.

4. 2013 and we still don't have a good PVP MMO- This game has an amazing PVP system, and if the PVP is going to be like this in Camelot Unchained i cant wait. Untill then im gonna play me some Warhammer.

P.S. and it needs to go F2P so people can experience this PVP.

im glad you are enjoying the game however.

Every game has a Niche population that believes in the game. In the grand scheme of things, even WoW has a niche population because there are over 30 million people playing MMOs around the world, yes, that many when you count all MMORPGs in Asia.

As for the PvP, thats highly debatable. Warhammer used DaoC style PvP combat of zerg + PvE CCs....really loved the Lava PvP area where everyone was spamming the massive knockbacks to throw people in the lava for instant PvP kills...weak gameplay that rewarded game flaws over skill.

No forum is safe from you XD

that would be because I dont search the forums, I look at what pops up on the "current activity" part of the main page and read what "looks" interesting XD

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    It's encouraging to see that people are still enjoying the game because I usually hear mostly negative things about a game I still think fondly of. If the game had a different pricing strategy, I would probably still play it time to time but not enough to pay 15 a month for it at this time. I usually reserve that for an MMO that I am playing as my main game. But, like I said, I have gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from the game while I played it and I'm happy to hear people like yourself are giving it a try and enjoying it. 

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    What ultimately killed war. Ea don't support their mmos. It's almost funny seeing them pull the same tricks with expansions that arent really expansions and what have you with swtor.

True, Ea has runined War and Swtor, which are both great games. I'm hoping WAR has a come back, they deserve it.

Originally posted by Oldskoo
    It's encouraging to see that people are still enjoying the game because I usually hear mostly negative things about a game I still think fondly of. If the game had a different pricing strategy, I would probably still play it time to time but not enough to pay 15 a month for it at this time. I usually reserve that for an MMO that I am playing as my main game. But, like I said, I have gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from the game while I played it and I'm happy to hear people like yourself are giving it a try and enjoying it. 

I might start a petition on the WAR forums, to make it go F2P i just can't see the game shut down. Their are too many people that havn't tried the true enjoyment of this PVP.

What class are you playing vel?
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    warhammer still has some of the best classes out of any game ive played to this day and has some great pvp . But with that being said they literally pigeon toe you into only doing realm vs realm once you get to about level 6 or 7 . There are tons of guys running around in tier 3 renoun rank 79 etc and you need to be about that as a melee dps or tank if you want to go into tier 4 and not get slaughtered. The game REALLY got stupid when they made those expansion packs and added 20 more renoun ranks , then followed by the doorhammer patch where you just objective cap and people do not even defend keeps anymore. Its just been bad design decision after bad design decision that has killed warhammer over time. If Jeff Hickmans stupid ass wouldnt of been making decisions there this game would of turned out much better and I really wish it had its the core of an awesome game.
    Agree cronius

It's funny to see him making EXACTLY the same mistakes with swtor though. The guys the epitome of the peter principal and really shows ea up as a bad company where someone with little talent for game making but a massive talent for politics can have such a meteoric rise in power.
    What class are you playing vel?

A sorcerer, roled a engineer and like him too.

Agree cronius

It's funny to see him making EXACTLY the same mistakes with swtor though. The guys the epitome of the peter principal and really shows ea up as a bad company where someone with little talent for game making but a massive talent for politics can have such a meteoric rise in power.

the worst is im actually friends with the guys nephew who he threw under the bus at mythic during the layoffs , but hes doing better than ol jeff now that hes over at ANet. I cannot just hate on him though because Rob Denton had a huge hand in destroying warhammer himself as well. I really enjoyed warhammer though at launch , if they would of just listened to the damn playerbase after the first couple of months things would be a lot different now than they are. Three people I do not want to see near a game I play again ....Adam Gersowitz Rob Denton and Jeff Hickman. Those three could of easily left warhammer at 1 million or more subs but instead destroyed it.

Ah you will be ok when you hit t4 then. Just keep your distance on your sorc or annoy the hell out of people your engie. Starting T4 is very hard on mdps and tanks (except knights & chosen where you at least bring buffs to the table)
    Cronius, I'm not familiar with Adam gersowitz is he the guy who went to trion? If so he's only small fry, not a big decision maker.

I would add gabe amangetello to the list, non game dev like hickman (being a marketing department guy, where as hickman was a community manager) , who shot up the ranks after the ea takeover and since went on to do such a "bang on" job doing swtors pvp.
    you can also get sweetfx working in warhammer online to make it look really good as well and more up to date with todays graphics just turn off post processing lights in game . I left a tutorial for getting it going in warhammer on their offical forums it was a sticky over there but i think she removed it when i stopped playing . http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/sweetfx-with-WAR-15144153-1.html and http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/SweetFx-for-WAR-make-your-game-look-great--15170838-1.html for the actual walk through.
    Cronius, I'm not familiar with Adam gersowitz is he the guy who went to trion? If so he's only small fry, not a big decision maker.

I would add gabe amangetello to the list, non game dev like hickman (being a marketing department guy, where as hickman was a community manager) , who shot up the ranks after the ea takeover and since went on to do such a "bang on" job doing swtors pvp.

he went to Rift yes but he wasnt a small fry in the pool he was a lead producer for combat and careers , he made a lot of the large balancing decisions with warhammer. He was of the main reasons why people quit warhammer . If you remember and were there at release , he was the guy that said bright wizards were fine and refused for three months to fix them , while they were stacking up two or three at a time on bridge or choke point with a pocket runepriest or archmage and casting rain of fire on the same spot melting entire warbands. The guy didnt play the same game as anyone else , and he went to rift with the same attitude and was the cause of the huge buff to pyromancers hitting for like 3k per bolt , but that quicky got nerfed.

Oh yes he nerfed warriors in rift because mages were jealous of their ability to aoe grind in SOLO PVE.

As for bright wizards, mark Jacobs fessed up to that on one of the cu threads. He made decision to buff other classes rather than nerf bws due to peoples complaints about the nerf bat in other games.
    Oh yes he nerfed warriors in rift because mages were jealous of their ability to aoe grind in SOLO PVE.

As for bright wizards, mark Jacobs fessed up to that on one of the cu threads. He made decision to buff other classes rather than nerf bws due to peoples complaints about the nerf bat in other games.

ah okay i didnt see that then so def my bad but with that being said AG was the one on the forums posting that bright wizards were fine and basically said we were all complaining over nothing . HEH thats kinda funny though , as he took the fall for that then like a trooper , if it was me I would of been like ASK MJ leave me alone people! lol If I had anyone to play with in warhammer I wouldnt mind giving it a spin again myself but everytime I bring people to the game they play for like two weeks get into tier 3 then get desimated by a BW or WP thats a twink basically at renoun rank 70+ and they leave.

• NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

It took time but at the end they admitted the opness of the BW and took out the nerf bat. Of course, as usual, Magus and Engie got nerfed too in the process and that was not working as intended.

@OP

Take your time and don't rush anyhing mate. Enjoy all tiers, especially if it's your first Warhammer Online try. Too many people are grinding and burning themselves out and once they enter T4 aren't prepared for what they're going to face. In tier 4 everthing goes faster and everyone hits harder.

The game has never been in a better state than now, except that the maintenance of a couple of days ago messed up both servers badly. Has been a while, years, since a patch or maintenance screwed it up but anyway. After all those years most of us are used to it.

Some patches ago they introduced the bolster system in T4 so it isn't as bad as some still think. RR100 are still powerfull but with all the adjustments it's actually playable and enjoyable for newcommers, fresh in T4, at around rr70 in Worn Sov. Just don't expect to be King and be ready for dying a lot. Also you've high rr's on both side.

Population is fine again on both servers and it gets qutie crowded in prime-time and during week-ends in T4. A lot of peeps, already bored of GW2, are coming home and, surprisingly, we did have an inlfux of brand new players. Newbies :-)

And for the haters, we're in the middle of a multiple part brand new Live Event, part 1 finished now, that will introduce Legendary weapons. So there's new content in War and so on, but you can't expect big changes with the limited ressources they have for Warhammer.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

The thing that shocked me most about comming back to this game was the glitches that i dont remember from launch, it felt like it got buggier and less polished over time, which was strange.

I was also shocked at how dead t1 was, how that once packed rvr area in t1 was now a bunch of afk people ( i assume bots and gold farmers) with no "front lines" standoff...which tbh wasnt that fun to begin with i guess.

As far as class balance, other than some unique roles within the instanced games, ranged was just so much better in RvR, even if they werent as powerful as the BW, or were cursed with the magu's/engi's pointless DPS and laughable pets/turrets..the RvR really didnt seem set up for melee at all.

Its really sad even seeing this game in the condition its in, clogged with gold farmers (remember their stance on spammers at launch...seems the spammers won) beyond dead, seemingly more buggy than at launch...PQ's have zero chance of being done due to low pop.

Its really a game they should just put to rest already. I dont even think F2P in full would save the game, or make it worth playing.

For a third time since this game has launched its been deleted from my HD...and i typically keep any game that i may have a slightest intrest in returning to on my storage drive.  That is the impression i got from this game.  Even if the instanced pvp is good, you just cant enjoy it due to low pop.

Its a wonder why they didnt make this game more of an RP/Lore type game and tap into the tons of fanatics with this IP either...seems they just went right for the pvp crowd...ignored the rest.

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

Whenever I remember warhammer I just feel bad that such an amazing game was thrown out of sight by those lazy ass devs...

I have never seen such amazing classes,pvp and depth in any other game. Even though they fucked up the lore the world was amazing enough to make you feel like you are inside it, no bullshit of nice views or some mountains in your sight that you wont even reach like in gw2... The game wasnt limited, you could roleplay in pvp or anything and still have amazing fun

If it goes b2p or f2p I would be more than happy to give it another shot

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Gorwe

They focused purely on pvp(this is a MMO and you shouldn't focus purely on anything. Put in things you know you can make work/fun and forget about the rest).

They were the first to use public quests in PvE actually, a design several successful titles have copied, including Rift and Guild Wars 2. Copied poorly I might add, the multi tier PQs in Warhammer are far ahead of the simplistic stuff the two latter titles incorporate.

There were just way too many of them and/or the population per server too small, so with few exceptions you couldn't find people to actually do them, because they were spread out about several zones per level tier, RvR lakes, PvP scenarios, etc, etc.

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Well now that Wrath of Heros is shutting down they gave us all a WoH chest with a code for a free month of WAR and a bunch of goodies.

Dont matter that WAR is far from perfect, its WARHAMMER! And has none of that cutesey tootsie panda anime stuff I hate in WoW and GW2 and other games.