Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta emails are out!

GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
Hellz yeah!  I'm excited..  See you guys in game!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Comments

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Confirmed. Mails have arrieved with codes. Congrats to those who are in.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    YAY! I can't wait for EQNEXT . And on the menu for now is more guild wars2. Good luck with FF though. Hope they fixed their mess for all of the fans. Never cared much for it myself.
  • EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29

Only legacy keys are out.

No one with normal Beta yet.

*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3.

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Hellz yeah!  I'm excited..  See you guys in game!

You sir have literally made my day... no my WEEK! 

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Denied. Again :(.  Guess ill see yah during the free month

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• beb2592beb2592 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Are you a Legacy member? They are the only ones getting emails. And if you are, check your spam folder.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Good job breaking the NDA, rule #1 about beta club is don't talk about beta club.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Not true, you'll have another shot in phase 2.  Then if you ever played XIV 1.0 you will be in as of phase 3, and then phase 4 open beta is well... open.

Then you'll get the free month after the official launch.  So you'll have the opportunity to play the game long before then.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO. Also you can talk all you want about being in a beta , you just cannot mention the content. Hope FF fans get a good game this time , they deserved better than that crap they released before.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Cry wish i was legacy... I did buy the game but it wasn't enough...oh wells. Hope to see you guys in phase 2 or 3. playing Path of Exile until then.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Good job breaking the NDA, rule #1 about beta club is don't talk about beta club.

Actually the NDA doesn't say you can't admit to being in this beta just that you can't disclose confidential information and does list what that information is.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by cronius77
    im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO.

Totally flawed opinion there mate. You need to stop thinking about it from a player's perspective and see it from a developer's perpective... when things are not yet finished, added or may be removed later.. you do not want everyone talking about them, cos most consumers lack the brain power or the reasoning to understand that in some cases a beta actually is a beta. Marketing is an academic subject for a reason. NDAs are a result of consumer flaws, not the other way around.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    im sorry but games that make a NDA do not stand behind their product IMO. Also you can talk all you want about being in a beta , you just cannot mention the content. Hope FF fans get a good game this time , they deserved better than that crap they released before.

People who complain about NDA's in BETA do not know anything about how TESTING games in DEVELOPMENT works.

Been this way for longer than you've been playing I'm sure.

Also yeah Square Enix really should start standing behind FFXIV already!

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

A game in beta is an unfinished product. There will be problems, bugs and systems that aren't up to standard. The current MMO community would stupidly use betas to dismiss games if it weren't for the NDA forcing most of them to wait for launch.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

This is great news, or...at least it would be.  Im a legacy member (since beta of 1.0)....but I'm currently deplyed to afghanistan until november....sad llama.

I suppose I can always get it set up once i come back for R and R in June....but I wonder if there is some expiration on those keys as well lol.  In any case, good to see it's coming along, very much looking forward to playing 2.0!

• Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Actually the NDA doesn't say you can't admit to being in this beta just that you can't disclose confidential information and does list what that information is.

Goes to show that you never read the NDA

2.6 Beta Tester's Confidentiality Obligations  
    "Confidential Information" shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials supplied to Beta Tester by Company in connection with the Beta Testing, including, without limitation, information relating to the performance, conditions, capabilities, and contents of the Products and Software, methods of reporting and conducting, modification schedule, modification process and its progress in the Beta Testing, AND RECIPIENT'S FEEDBACK, OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS (POSITIVE AND/OR NEGATIVE) REGARDING THE PRODUCT AND THE SOFTWARE, (b) the existence and the terms of this Agreement, (c) the Square Enix ID and password used by Beta Tester, or by any other Beta Tester, (d) THE IDENTITY OF BETA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT BETA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA TEST, and (e) any and all information relating to the future or proposed products, services, or business operations of Company. Confidential Information includes, without limitation, all such information disclosed to Beta Tester prior to the execution of this Agreement. Beta Tester acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information constitutes valuable trade secrets of Company and (subject to the other terms of this Section 2.6) agrees to keep Confidential all Confidential Information, and only use Confidential Information in connection with Beta Tester's participation in the Beta Test. 

• VerusiusVerusius Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Ehnoah

Only legacy keys are out.

No one with normal Beta yet.

*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3.

Wrong. A friend of mine got a key early morning yesterday and he never even played 1.0

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Support writed me today that ONLY Legacy Invites are out now. Non-Legacy player will choosen next week and E-Mailed.

• VerusiusVerusius Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Ehnoah
    Support writed me today that ONLY Legacy Invites are out now. Non-Legacy player will choosen next week and E-Mailed.

I don't know what to tell ya then. I seen the email myself. As a legacy holder I was glad to see a non legacy get in. I have no reason to lie.

Originally posted by Majin_Jubei

"Confidential Information" shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials supplied to Beta Tester by Company in connection with the Beta Testing, including, without limitation, information relating to the performance, conditions, capabilities, and contents of the Products and Software, methods of reporting and conducting, modification schedule, modification process and its progress in the Beta Testing, AND RECIPIENT'S FEEDBACK, OPINIONS, SUGGESTIONS, AND COMMENTS (POSITIVE AND/OR NEGATIVE) REGARDING THE PRODUCT AND THE SOFTWARE, (b) the existence and the terms of this Agreement, (c) the Square Enix ID and password used by Beta Tester, or by any other Beta Tester, (d) THE IDENTITY OF BETA TESTER AND THE FACT THAT BETA TESTER IS PARTICIPATING IN THE BETA TEST, and (e) any and all information relating to the future or proposed products, services, or business operations of Company. Confidential Information includes, without limitation, all such information disclosed to Beta Tester prior to the execution of this Agreement. Beta Tester acknowledges and agrees that the Confidential Information constitutes valuable trade secrets of Company and (subject to the other terms of this Section 2.6) agrees to keep Confidential all Confidential Information, and only use Confidential Information in connection with Beta Tester's participation in the Beta Test. 

Not at all, goes to show I need glasses as I didn't see that bit. image

edit: or the actual truth in that what you posted is different than what I was given!

*Registration codes have been listed for each service account that qualifies as a Legacy member.
    *Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced
    before the start of Beta Test phase 3.
    *This registration code cannot be reissued, so please do not lose it.
    *Transferring or selling this registration code to another individual is prohibited.
    In the case prohibited actions are discovered, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

Confidentiality Obligations
    As stated in the “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,” testers are
    prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test.
    Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise
    make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications
    of the Beta version,
    technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums
    (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external
    sites (including blogs and social media sites).

In the event that we confirm that infringement has occurred, your rights to be a tester will be
    revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

And that's where it ends in my e-mail so that's where I got that.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47

Not at all, goes to show I need glasses as I didn't see that bit. image

edit: or the actual truth in that what you posted is different than what I was given!

*Registration codes have been listed for each service account that qualifies as a Legacy member.
    *Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced
    before the start of Beta Test phase 3.
    *This registration code cannot be reissued, so please do not lose it.
    *Transferring or selling this registration code to another individual is prohibited.
    In the case prohibited actions are discovered, your rights to be a tester will be revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

Confidentiality Obligations
    As stated in the “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement,” testers are
    prohibited from disclosing any proprietary information related to the Beta Test.
    Beta Testers shall not disclose, publish, distribute, transmit, post, or otherwise
    make available, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information regarding specifications
    of the Beta version,
    technology, bugs and information available on the Beta Tester forums
    (including the opinions of yourself and others) to any other person or external
    sites (including blogs and social media sites).

In the event that we confirm that infringement has occurred, your rights to be a tester will be
    revoked and your FINAL FANTASY XIV account will be suspended.

And that's where it ends in my e-mail so that's where I got that.

That's merely a reminder to not disclose anything you find in Beta to anyone not in Beta, which means you are restricted to discussing Beta on the Beta forums. The NDA I posted was the one you had to "read" and accept when signing up for beta. I'm pretty sure SE has been nuking "I got into Beta" threads as well on the official forums as there were a couple just the other day and  have since vanished.

That's merely a reminder to not disclose anything you find in Beta to anyone not in Beta, which means you are restricted to discussing Beta on the Beta forums. The NDA I posted was the one you had to "read" and accept when signing up for beta. I'm pretty sure SE has been nuking "I got into Beta" threads as well on the official forums as there were a couple just the other day and  have since vanished.

yup and I'm thorougly ashamed. image

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

What if the NDA is force because of a contract with an investor?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"