Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I found my MMO

You might call me crazy, but i think i found it... It has everything i ever wanted in an MMO and this is it. So i was curious on how RVR worked since i thought Camelot Unchaind sounded interesting so i tried Warhammer, and i love more then just the pvp, the public quest remined me of GW2 dynamic events and Rifts invasions/Rifts. The PVP is pretty balanced and the Open world RVR is the most fun i've had in any MMO. This game isn't for everyone, but it is for me. I'm glad i found it. What took me so long?

1. True Open World PVP-  I've been looking for a game with TRUE OPEN WORLD PVP, where i can be doing a quest then walk a few meters and be in a place where i can jank a player. 

2. Rewardence for type of gameplay- What ever u like doing, if its PVP or PVE they award you for doing it. You get influnce for either a certain PVE chapter or RVR tier, and once you upgrade that tier u get different rewards.

3. Niche Population- The game doesn't have its 800,000 subcribers it had at launch, but it does have its hardcore playerbase, that believes in the game.

4. 2013 and we still don't have a good PVP MMO- This game has an amazing PVP system, and if the PVP is going to be like this in Camelot Unchained i cant wait. Untill then im gonna play me some Warhammer.

P.S. and it needs to go F2P so people can experience this PVP.

BTW: i got the base game and a 60-day prepaid card on Amazon for $13 that made me wanna buy it even more.

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It also has barely anyone playing these days, which is going to make life difficult.

Tier 1 is alive and well because of the endless trial. T2 and T3 are dead and T4 is barely active.

I'm not sure you want to throw all your eggs into one basket with this one, as it were. Just a word of warning so you don't invest a month or two into the game and then discover the above.

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

Nice you found it ;)

I still sub and play my IB from time to time, but some of the imbalances in the game make me shelve it after a month.

All in all, if you want to commit and level a toon to max level, I can tell you that most of the veterans in the game are a very nice crowd.

Happy orc hunting,

V.

Edit: spelling

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I actually liked WAR, but the population is dead now. And, when I played, it had a lot of issues that the devs wouldn't fix. My biggest gripe was the White Lion pet pathing issue. Your pet would go in all kinds of crazy directions before it would attack your target.
  • velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    No, the other tiers are pretty alive, the WAR report says all the differnt PVP that is going on in the area and they've had HIGH population. I think alot of people are coming back. People miss this type of PVP.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I have always loved this game aswell.
    It really needs to go F2P. 
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Kost

It also has barely anyone playing these days, which is going to make life difficult.

Tier 1 is alive and well because of the endless trial. T2 and T3 are dead and T4 is barely active.

I'm not sure you want to throw all your eggs into one basket with this one, as it were. Just a word of warning so you don't invest a month or two into the game and then discover the above.

When was the last time you played? T3 was busy enough last night on Badlands server.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Kost

When was the last time you played? T3 was busy enough last night on Badlands server.

Yes, the playerbase has been HIGH lately.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Once bioware took over and wowified it with rvr for dummies (rez in keeps, practically on a timer like lwg in wow), wtfpwn gear and dress up as a rat with 1.4 the game was dead for me.

Still has nice pvp tanking mechanics and stuff, but even though it has stupid rez zerg combat and no real rivalry gw2 is a better option and ps2 an even more better option.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    This game needs to go B2P using the old Guild Wars business model. The lack of a population kills this game. It needs more people.
    I just hope that Mythic knows how good this game is, and they don't give up on it.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by velmax

3. Niche Population- The game doesn't have its 800,000 subcribers it had at launch, but it does have its hardcore playerbase, that believes in the game.

4. 2013 and we still don't have a good PVP MMO- This game has an amazing PVP system, and if the PVP is going to be like this in Camelot Unchained i cant wait. Untill then im gonna play me some Warhammer.

im glad you are enjoying the game however.

Every game has a Niche population that believes in the game. In the grand scheme of things, even WoW has a niche population because there are over 30 million people playing MMOs around the world, yes, that many when you count all MMORPGs in Asia.

As for the PvP, thats highly debatable. Warhammer used DaoC style PvP combat of zerg + PvE CCs....really loved the Lava PvP area where everyone was spamming the massive knockbacks to throw people in the lava for instant PvP kills...weak gameplay that rewarded game flaws over skill.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Normandy7
    This game needs to go B2P using the old Guild Wars business model. The lack of a population kills this game. It needs more people.

A lot of players have been on recently, I think people are returning because they miss this PVP.

I do think at its peak war was the best pvp mmo for a long while - since eve & planetside anyway. But other games have better pvp since like darkfall and ps2.
  • General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Every game has a Niche population that believes in the game. In the grand scheme of things, even WoW has a niche population because there are over 30 million people playing MMOs around the world, yes, that many when you count all MMORPGs in Asia.

As for the PvP, thats highly debatable. Warhammer used DaoC style PvP combat of zerg + PvE CCs....really loved the Lava PvP area where everyone was spamming the massive knockbacks to throw people in the lava for instant PvP kills...weak gameplay that rewarded game flaws over skill.

No forum is safe from you XD

Originally posted by jtcgs

Well, besides DaoC (which mythic did create) i cant find any other MMO with good enough PVP! everygame focuses on PVE or their PVP just sucks.

Velmax
    Mythic doesn't really exist anymore, all the talent are at arenanet, Sony, zenimax, them guys making wildstar, marc Jacobs new studio, sanja weathers studio etc.. i would count trion too, but they have the mythic balance guy, LOL.

The only big name people at ea are marketing bullshitter types like Jeff hickman and Paul barnet. They have about as much chance of making a good mmo as my gran.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

I love WAR, but i dont play it anymore because its not worth a subscription. In fact have not played it in 2 years.

If they go free to play, I will consider playing it.

Of course anyone new will be owned by T1 twinks, and dead T2 and T3, and slaughtered unmercifully by high RR players.

Also, other than these silly events, the game is abandoned...no new zone, content classes....etc etc

Its a skeleton of a game that could have been great....and I am supposed to be excited about anything Mark Jacobs creates new/

Right....

Jeff hickman was project lead on war.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Velmax
    Mythic doesn't really exist anymore, all the talent are at arenanet, Sony, zenimax, them guys making wildstar, marc Jacobs new studio, sanja weathers studio etc.. i would count trion too, but they have the mythic balance guy, LOL.

The only big name people at ea are marketing bullshitter types like Jeff hickman and Paul barnet. They have about as much chance of making a good mmo as my gran.

Yes, but those game don't focus on PVP like WAR does, the only game i can think of is GW2, which i also play. 

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

I love WAR, but i dont play it anymore because its not worth a subscription. In fact have not played it in 2 years.

If they go free to play, I will consider playing it.

Of course anyone new will be owned by T1 twinks, and dead T2 and T3, and slaughtered unmercifully by high RR players.

Also, other than these silly events, the game is abandoned...no new zone, content classes....etc etc

Its a skeleton of a game that could have been great....and I am supposed to be excited about anything Mark Jacobs creates new/

Right....

A lot has changed in those 2 years.

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189

I really enjoyed my time with Warhammer. I played nearly every class at one time or another. The scenarios and open realm PVP were overall a lot of fun while I was there. I liked the public quests as well.

What drove me away from the game was when I would get to T4 there was such a vast disparity between the high RR players and the lower ones that I no longer enjoyed playing my character and, instead of grinding through, I would just go back and play a lower level alt where I could be competetive again rather quickly and back enjoying the game.

I also found much of the PVE to be pretty boring outside of some of the public quests. I didn't mind the imbalances that people spoke between classes as much as others and the only issues I had with PVP was I remember people sitting in scenarios and simply leaching aand when people would basically take turns invading keeps in RvR and not actually fight for them. None of these things were game breaking for me outside of the disparity between power at T4.

What caused me to leave was I basically played the hell out of the first 3 tiers to the point that it just grew stale. Still, having played almost every major MMO released in the last decade, I always thought that Warhammer got a bad rap from people and sad to hear some of the negative things said about the state it is in today. It was the most fun PvP MMO I've played. If the population is decent outside of T1, I would strongly encourage anyone who likes a fantasy PVP MMO to give it a try. 

Velmax

I think you will find ps2 focuses on pvp, there's no pve in it. It's ALL rvr.
    Originally posted by Oldskoo

I really enjoyed my time with Warhammer. I played nearly every class at one time or another. The scenarios and open realm PVP were overall a lot of fun while I was there. I liked the public quests as well.

What drove me away from the game was when I would get to T4 there was such a vast disparity between the high RR players and the lower ones that I no longer enjoyed playing my character and, instead of grinding through, I would just go back and play a lower level alt where I could be competetive again rather quickly and back enjoying the game.

I also found much of the PVE to be pretty boring outside of some of the public quests. I didn't mind the imbalances that people spoke between classes as much as others and the only issues I had with PVP was I remember people sitting in scenarios and simply leaching aand when people would basically take turns invading keeps in RvR and not actually fight for them. None of these things were game breaking for me outside of the disparity between power at T4.

What caused me to leave was I basically played the hell out of the first 3 tiers to the point that it just grew stale. Still, having played almost every major MMO released in the last decade, I always thought that Warhammer got a bad rap from people and sad to hear some of the negative things said about the state it is in today. It was the most fun PvP MMO I've played. If the population is decent outside of T1, I would strongly encourage anyone who likes a fantasy PVP MMO to give it a try. 

I'm glad u had fun in your time in WAR, Im just happy im getting my time with this amazing PVP game.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Velmax

I think you will find ps2 focuses on pvp, there's no pve in it. It's ALL rvr.

I really don't like shooters, thats the problem.