Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont know which mmorpg to pick up

MolotovsMolotovs Member UncommonPosts: 12
So right now i am currently playin just league of legends and a bit of GW2 on and off. I have had experience with alot of mmo's and the only one's i have really liked was WoW because of the end game content and ARENA pvp. The popularity and content of the game is what kept me going for awhile but i just lost complete interest. GW2 for me has really good gameplay but i am starting to get bored of it and i am around lv50 on my guardian. The pvp in GW2  to me was pretty awful, WvW made it hard to stand out and pvp at the mists was just to un rewarding,boring, and again hard to stand out with a 10v10. I have been looking into Tera and TSW for some time now and i have tried TERA for a bit but after hearing about how its one of the most boring mmo's to level in kind of drove me away from it, and the talk about TSW coming to a decline soon is keeping me from buying it. So what do you guys think?

Comments

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i played wow too and am currently addicted to league of legends :3

i have gw2 and tsw as well but i am not hooked on it like how wow stole my heart...

you can try the games if you want because you never know, you might actually like them :3

or you can just keep on playing other games casually and wait for a game that looks interesting to you like TESO...

like i said im currently playing Cabal, WoW, Warframe and now Ace Combat :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    I'd recommend playing tera just to pass time, dick around in the game etc.   Game coming out which I do recommend that have great potential are ESO and Neverwinter D & D, I've had the pleasure to play Neverwinter and they have created a very very good mmo that contains action combat.   I could rant on and on but its will be F2P and is headed into 2nd CB on march 8th and 24th.   
  • MolotovsMolotovs Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Yea ill definatly be looking forward to TESO and Neverwinter but i dont know about you, i just cant commit myself to an MMO that doesnt seem like it will be around in the long run. I like the more popular higher player based games like WoW/GW2/LoL. To me Large Community +Good Unique Gameplay+End Game Content = a very good MMO....
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Molotovs
    and the talk about TSW coming to a decline soon is keeping me from buying it. So what do you guys think?

what I think about this particular sentence is /facepalm...

Don't know where you heard this "talk" but it couldn't be more disconnected from reality

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    So right now i am currently playin just league of legends and a bit of GW2 on and off. I have had experience with alot of mmo's and the only one's i have really liked was WoW because of the end game content and ARENA pvp. The popularity and content of the game is what kept me going for awhile but i just lost complete interest. GW2 for me has really good gameplay but i am starting to get bored of it and i am around lv50 on my guardian. The pvp in GW2  to me was pretty awful, WvW made it hard to stand out and pvp at the mists was just to un rewarding,boring, and again hard to stand out with a 10v10. I have been looking into Tera and TSW for some time now and i have tried TERA for a bit but after hearing about how its one of the most boring mmo's to level in kind of drove me away from it, and the talk about TSW coming to a decline soon is keeping me from buying it. So what do you guys think?

GW2 is going to be getting some big PvP updates shortly. They are adding team competitions and battleground type PvP areas, the first is coming with the next update, a capture the flag style battleground.

BTW, if you want to stand out in current GW2 PvP, learn to play a bunker Elementalist and everyone will thank you.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The best current mmo games for pvp are eve and ps2. Though neither will give you this "stand out in a crowd" thing you want, you probably want wow arena or something.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol.you play gw2 jctgs?

Yet you slag off daoc at every opportunity, despite gw2 being a watered down casualified daoc.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

TSW is doing fine and player population is going strong.   Issue 6 coming in February and Tokyo zone due in 2013.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol.you play gw2 jctgs?

Yet you slag off daoc at every opportunity, despite gw2 being a watered down casualified daoc.

Oh man, that second sentence is sig worthy. Applies to more than some of the people on these forums haha, I love it.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    If your looking for AMAZING PVP, try out Warhammer online.
  • MolotovsMolotovs Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I realize that Secret World went B2p a month ago, and imo thats what gave it its quick burst of players because of the transition, but i do see it coming back down just like it did in launch. Think of the transition as a relaunch, it doesnt change the game so ill probably be expecting the decline about 3-5months from now, but anyways thats past me atm. Im glad i posted this topic cause i think i got all the info i needed...and thats to just wait for a few upcoming MMO's to see what devs bring new to the table to actually have The MMO just like WoW was few years back. Stil got LoL to kill time on and GW2 <--- Ugh...-.- (i heard farming mats for legendarys was flat out rediculous)