Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you all need to understand.

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Normandy
    And bethseda are working on tes 6 for the tes single player purists.

TESO is a mmo set in the tes world. It isn't tes 6, just like redguard wasn't tes 3 and battlespire wasn't tes 4.
    Jtcgs
    What is this mmo that is like tes?
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It al depends how big the world is.

If its like daoc, you will have a ton of pve world on a single character, more than any of these recent mmos, the last mmos with more pve on a single character would-be vanguard, then your going way back to wow and eq2. If you include alts in all 3 factions your going as far back as eq1 / ac for more pve.

Now if its like a modern mmo say swtor or tsw and they just divide it by 3 then you have a point. But I highly doubt it will have such a small game world.

Games like gw2 and tsw did rvr on the cheap by getting players to share the pve content, probably halfing the development budget.

Rose colored glasses.

DaoC did not have more PvE content than even SWTOR...and god damn do I hate SWTOR. As for your cheapshot at GW2, the cheap gameplay was in DaoC where they felt they needed to hold your hand so much they kept factions apart so you wouldnt get confused over who the enemy is...and they STILL think you are that STUPID, its even on the TESO sight, feeling the need to preserve the factions so you know who the enemy is.

hahahahahaha.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Your wife I can understand, as I've been married twice..  But a blank check?  C'mon, priorities!

As to the issue at hand, I'm cautiously optimistic and we will see.  No one in these forums are going to alter my personal feelings on the subject.

Jtcgs
    What is this mmo that is like tes?

If you dont actually know of any MMOs that have ever been released with an Open world(no zones), where you can pick any race with any faction or can choose factions after release...then you dont know much about MMOs.

Hell, most people would quickly say SWG...and that is just one.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

At OP

Do you know, that by denying access to the enemy territory aka Faction, the world seems rather small?

- YOU have your FACTION "Landscape" and then the PVP in the center, thats it. In other words, i bet you have to level up to level cap in your "zone" before getting a boring quest for the pilgrimage to Cyrodil?

Sorry.. that and the fact that its instanced based like Guild Wars 1 was back in 2005 (districts) and then the issues of phasing (im here, your there - same quest)... nonono, it ain´t a B2P product, i expect standards like WoW, Lotro and Co. and nothin new-fancy dany-shinhy blabla megaserver infrastructure.. where you can´t explore or GANK low levels of your enemy faction.. nor can you DO a cr-p in other Factions, lets call´em START Zones.

In other words... am i allowed to invite ENEMY faction players into my raid? If i can´t hunt them in PvE.. for some LORE-reason... why should they allow you to invite them into a raid party.. Sorry, but i don´t think (hope im wrong though) this is going anywhere but downside....

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    It al depends how big the world is.

If its like daoc, you will have a ton of pve world on a single character, more than any of these recent mmos, the last mmos with more pve on a single character would-be vanguard, then your going way back to wow and eq2. If you include alts in all 3 factions your going as far back as eq1 / ac for more pve.

Now if its like a modern mmo say swtor or tsw and they just divide it by 3 then you have a point. But I highly doubt it will have such a small game world.

Games like gw2 and tsw did rvr on the cheap by getting players to share the pve content, probably halfing the development budget.

Rose colored glasses.

DaoC did not have more PvE content than even SWTOR...and god damn do I hate SWTOR. As for your cheapshot at GW2, the cheap gameplay was in DaoC where they felt they needed to hold your hand so much they kept factions apart so you wouldnt get confused over who the enemy is...and they STILL think you are that STUPID, its even on the TESO sight, feeling the need to preserve the factions so you know who the enemy is.

hahahahahaha.

Ya, you re so off it isn t even funny. Holding your hand, lol, DAOC never did that. GW2, yes it sure does.You just don t understand true faction games. If you played DAOC you would know it had/has WAY more pve content then SWTOR.  GW2 slapped on server vs server, same classes fighting each other, really?  DAOCs style is far superior in every way.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I stopped judging games by what i read on this site.

Its by far more real, to play the games and decide then, what it is and what its not.

That said, it needs a reason to make me play another swords&horses game like we dont have enuff of them already.

When its free or when there is a free trail, ill give it a neutral go.

Trails often fail to show what the game really is about.

In all honest, i dont expect more from TESO then horses and swords.

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

My main concern is the idea that the game designers feel that game longevity is tied to rolling alts in order to see the entire world.

This, in my opinion, seems like a flawed concept.

I am not an alt person. I will take my time and carefully choose my toon. At that point I would like to experience the world.

Sometimes I make a mistake after several hours of play and re-roll but I do not roll alts just for alts sake.

Have safe zones or something but to have this impenetrable border  is just lame. Again, just my opinion.

Originally posted by Deto123

Ya, you re so off it isn t even funny. Holding your hand, lol, DAOC never did that. GW2, yes it sure does.You just don t understand true faction games. If you played DAOC you would know it had/has WAY more pve content then SWTOR.  GW2 slapped on server vs server, same classes fighting each other, really?  DAOCs style is far superior in every way.

Any time you want to go at it about DaoC please say so. I will tell long tales about how a Sklad and 2 others can CC and AoE a group of 20 to oblivion with the PvP made for PvEers. The game so bad it was the FIRST MMO to have sit in protests across servers because of how fed up the players of Hibernia were of being bastardized.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hibernia-still-waiting-for-their-first-turn.452392786/page-5

"On December 7, 2001 Mark Jacobs, CEO of Mythic Entertainment, made the following statement; "Hibernia will get special attention in order to correct what people perceive it being the “poor stepchild” of the game. In particular all aspects of the development team will be turning their attention to that
    Realm (classes, spells, NPCs, dungeons) to improve it and the player’s perception of the Realm. "

This statement was made 14 months ago and the players of the realm of Hibernia are tired of waiting. On April 12, 2003 there will be a formal sit-in protest on the Pendragon server of Dark Age of Camelot. This protest is to once again voice the concerns that make Hibernia feel, in Mark Jacobs words, like the "poor stepchild" of the game.

This protest will begin at 8pm eastern. Any wishing to involve themselves in this protest should come to the town of Mag Mell on Pendragon at 8pm eastern on April 12. Protestors will be invited to the guild "Hibernian Protest"."

The first of MANY protests that spread across servers.

And yes, DaoC was a guiderail game and EVEN THE GAME MAKERS STATED YOU NEED THEM. Right now, go to TESO's website and read about WHY they are doing factions and making sure you cant enter an opposing factions zones.

Seperated areas are to protect the identity of the factions so players will know who the enemy are.

They dont think you are smart enough to tell who is or is not the enemy, worst kind of hand holding in the genre!

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Deto123

Any time you want to go at it about DaoC please say so. I will tell long tales about how a Sklad and 2 others can CC and AoE a group of 20 to oblivion with the PvP made for PvEers. The game so bad it was the FIRST MMO to have sit in protests across servers because of how fed up the players of Hibernia were of being bastardized.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hibernia-still-waiting-for-their-first-turn.452392786/page-5

"On December 7, 2001 Mark Jacobs, CEO of Mythic Entertainment, made the following statement; "Hibernia will get special attention in order to correct what people perceive it being the “poor stepchild” of the game. In particular all aspects of the development team will be turning their attention to that
    Realm (classes, spells, NPCs, dungeons) to improve it and the player’s perception of the Realm. "

This statement was made 14 months ago and the players of the realm of Hibernia are tired of waiting. On April 12, 2003 there will be a formal sit-in protest on the Pendragon server of Dark Age of Camelot. This protest is to once again voice the concerns that make Hibernia feel, in Mark Jacobs words, like the "poor stepchild" of the game.

This protest will begin at 8pm eastern. Any wishing to involve themselves in this protest should come to the town of Mag Mell on Pendragon at 8pm eastern on April 12. Protestors will be invited to the guild "Hibernian Protest"."

The first of MANY protests that spread across servers.

And yes, DaoC was a guiderail game and EVEN THE GAME MAKERS STATED YOU NEED THEM. Right now, go to TESO's website and read about WHY they are doing factions and making sure you cant enter an opposing factions zones.

Seperated areas are to protect the identity of the factions so players will know who the enemy are.

They dont think you are smart enough to tell who is or is not the enemy, worst kind of hand holding in the genre!

A skald and 2 others, AOEing a group of 20, nope, can t happen, unless, you have 2 pac healers, and even then the group of 20 are flat out stupid if they could possibly let it happen. Now the comment on Hibernia, was it wasn t complete, at release. They admitted it, and it got fixed, so what. It s not hand holding at all. You seem to like the GW2 oh look someone just like me I m fighting. That in itself is hand holding to me. Seperating the zones is not what you say it is at all. Protecting the identity, lol where do you come up with this stuff.

They seperated the zones to allow for pve to be done seperate from the pvp. Giving people a choice when to pvp or not, lol not your odd and well way off base comment.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Hetzau
     WoW was cool 

just another mmo player who thinks mmo's MUST to be like existing mmos.

My blog: image

Yes yes jtcgs

But we know YOU NEVER PLAYED DAOC

Because you spout so much bullshit about it. Like aparantley you had this 400 man guild that al quit on the same day, which is the biggest load of horseshit this side of comical Ali.

Early daoc had 1500 players per server, if your imaginary 400 man guild quit daoc it would have been big news, that server would have effectively been a 2 faction server. Everything you post about daoc is pure bullshit you make up on the spot because you now hate daoc as the tes devs took ideas from that rather than the shutdown star wars galaxies.

You're even spouting your made up shite all over the camelot unchained threads and Trolling mark Jacobs because apparently because he and Matt frior once worked together its also his fault your not getting tes with wookies and lightsabers.
  • sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Hetzau
    It is sad to see so many people bitching and whining about things you all have no control over so i thought i would try to enlighten everyone. So i will go down and list the most common complaints and tell you why you all are being dumb.

1. "Eso is not gonna be a true ES game! It is nothing like the single play game!"
             First off let me just say that if you were one of the people that came to the conclusion that the ESO was not going to be anything like their single player counterpart then you deserve a cookie for being an idiot.

Of course it is not going to be the same. It is a completely different genre, and different rules apply. Don't you think if you could literally just take the single player game, and put it on some servers and have it ready for us then bethesda would have done that? But you can't so they didn't. 

Oh and another thing! You all are bitching about how much is isn't like ESO. Well i say shame unto you! Todd howard, who is pretty much the father of ES games, approves of what ZoS is doing then that should be good enough for you. It is his vision not yours, and he has more than enough clout to have ZoS change anything he wants, but he doesn't. If the game is Todd Howard approved then STFU.

2. "Not being able to go into enemy faction zones is stupidz!"
             Noooo not really. It is a two fold issue. FIrst thing is ganking people in evelry game every created in the history of this shit have always complained about early game ganking. Locked zones handles that issue completly. 

The second issue is replayability. WoW was cool but it go old. By ZoS creating the game this way there is serious replayability. ZoS said that it should take you 120 hours to reach level cap. So let say because each race has unique quests you play every class. That is 1080 hours of possible game play. That does not include end game raiding or PVP. 

I personally think that is awesome!

In conclusion let me just say that everyone who is flaming and bashing the game are idiots and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I'll even make you a deal. You go make a game that makes over 100,000 people perfectly happy and i will give you  a blank check, and my wife.

fair point, but you coudl make your point without calling other people idiots.

i mean it makes sense for fans of the elder scrolls to want a similar experience in the mmo version does it not?

what you call bashing i call opinion, not everyone is going to like things or be happy about them. everyone has their own opinion.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking this because the first opst set the tone by being hostile and condescending. 

If you want to have a discussion, it's a good idea (and part of our rules here) not to collectively flame your audience when trying to make your point.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.