Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you all need to understand.

It is sad to see so many people bitching and whining about things you all have no control over so i thought i would try to enlighten everyone. So i will go down and list the most common complaints and tell you why you all are being dumb.

1. "Eso is not gonna be a true ES game! It is nothing like the single play game!"
         First off let me just say that if you were one of the people that came to the conclusion that the ESO was not going to be anything like their single player counterpart then you deserve a cookie for being an idiot.

Of course it is not going to be the same. It is a completely different genre, and different rules apply. Don't you think if you could literally just take the single player game, and put it on some servers and have it ready for us then bethesda would have done that? But you can't so they didn't. 

Oh and another thing! You all are bitching about how much is isn't like ESO. Well i say shame unto you! Todd howard, who is pretty much the father of ES games, approves of what ZoS is doing then that should be good enough for you. It is his vision not yours, and he has more than enough clout to have ZoS change anything he wants, but he doesn't. If the game is Todd Howard approved then STFU.

2. "Not being able to go into enemy faction zones is stupidz!"
         Noooo not really. It is a two fold issue. FIrst thing is ganking people in evelry game every created in the history of this shit have always complained about early game ganking. Locked zones handles that issue completly. 

The second issue is replayability. WoW was cool but it go old. By ZoS creating the game this way there is serious replayability. ZoS said that it should take you 120 hours to reach level cap. So let say because each race has unique quests you play every class. That is 1080 hours of possible game play. That does not include end game raiding or PVP. 

I personally think that is awesome!

In conclusion let me just say that everyone who is flaming and bashing the game are idiots and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I'll even make you a deal. You go make a game that makes over 100,000 people perfectly happy and i will give you  a blank check, and my wife.

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Good post
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

1, this is true. However, whether Todd Howard really supports the game or not can't really be told.

Normally, when you work for a company, you really don't have full reign to critcize that company. And in some cases, especially if you are a "company man" you might go out of your way to support what the company does for the sake of unity.

2, WoW being old has nothing to do with anything. My guess is you are a wow player. The game doesn't have replayability if one doesn't want to play multiple characters. I know for me it's difficult to continue with alts. I've never taken an alt to level cap. Also, some people like that sort of game play. Sorry to break that bubble. Also some people dont' like pvp. And some people want to invest in realm pride and don't want several alts all in different realms.

3, In conclusion let me just say that everyone who is flaming and bashing the game are idiots and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I'll even make you a deal. You go make a game that makes over 100,000 people perfectly happy and i will give you  a blank check, and my wife.

Well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Hetzau
    It is sad to see so many people bitching and whining about things you all have no control over so i thought i would try to enlighten everyone. So i will go down and list the most common complaints and tell you why you all are being dumb.

1. "Eso is not gonna be a true ES game! It is nothing like the single play game!"
             First off let me just say that if you were one of the people that came to the conclusion that the ESO was not going to be anything like their single player counterpart then you deserve a cookie for being an idiot.

Of course it is not going to be the same. It is a completely different genre, and different rules apply. Don't you think if you could literally just take the single player game, and put it on some servers and have it ready for us then bethesda would have done that? But you can't so they didn't. 

Oh and another thing! You all are bitching about how much is isn't like ESO. Well i say shame unto you! Todd howard, who is pretty much the father of ES games, approves of what ZoS is doing then that should be good enough for you. It is his vision not yours, and he has more than enough clout to have ZoS change anything he wants, but he doesn't. If the game is Todd Howard approved then STFU.

Noooo not really. It is a two fold issue. FIrst thing is ganking people in evelry game every created in the history of this shit have always complained about early game ganking. Locked zones handles that issue completly. 

The second issue is replayability. WoW was cool but it go old. By ZoS creating the game this way there is serious replayability. ZoS said that it should take you 120 hours to reach level cap. So let say because each race has unique quests you play every class. That is 1080 hours of possible game play. That does not include end game raiding or PVP. 

In conclusion let me just say that everyone who is flaming and bashing the game are idiots and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I'll even make you a deal. You go make a game that makes over 100,000 people perfectly happy and i will give you  a blank check, and my wife.

i agree with #1

about #2 am not sure

but alll in all i hope this game be good, even if its not like ES but if its got the lore of it that would be enough

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by Sovrath

1, this is true. However, whether Todd Howard really supports the game or not can't really be told.

Normally, when you work for a company, you really don't have full reign to critcize that company. And in some cases, especially if you are a "company man" you might go out of your way to support what the company does for the sake of unity.

2, WoW being old has nothing to do with anything. My guess is you are a wow player. The game doesn't have replayability if one doesn't want to play multiple characters. I know for me it's difficult to continue with alts. I've never taken an alt to level cap. Also, some people like that sort of game play. Sorry to break that bubble. Also some people dont' like pvp. And some people want to invest in realm pride and don't want several alts all in different realms.

3, In conclusion let me just say that everyone who is flaming and bashing the game are idiots and have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I'll even make you a deal. You go make a game that makes over 100,000 people perfectly happy and i will give you  a blank check, and my wife.

Well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion.

Your empty speculation about what could be or what may be just feeds the problem which is the vitriol on these forums.  Why don't you sit on your hands until the finished product is presented to you and then decide if you want it at that point.

All these ridiculous kids arguing with one another about this aspect or that aspect of the game, know what we ended up with when everyone was given exactly what they wanted? GUILD WARS.  It's not that fun... Let a game developer make his game and then play it when he's done.

The biggest mistake game developers make is telling you people ANYTHING about what they're even THINKING about even CONSIDERING putting in the game.  Every word they speak can be twisted or manipulated into something negative to be used against them in some guys hit piece on the forums.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Consumers in the MMO market do have control, but in two ways. The first is by voicing their opinions in forums, betas, and petitions. There's plenty of examples of this working. The second is by voting with your wallet, meaning don't buy the game...period. However, the second method will not effect the development process, thus whatever core features released won't change.

1. The mmorpg genre and the rpg genre is so similar that nothing much needs to change. The only difference between the two genres is the persistant world and the ability to play with other people.

2. TES series sold well without there being PVP, there's no reason ESO wouldn't sell well without it. The demographic is pretty much the same. EQ, EQ2, and AC all did well by just adding an open PVP server for those wanting PVP. Problem solved. You're also assuming each race will have their own content, when its more likely each faction will. You're also assuming people will like at least 1 race from each faction, which is also not likely. People are big on aesthetics.

Lastly, you could use a lesson in tone. Your thread is aggressive towards people who are just as passionate about TES series as you are and they are attacking the game, not the fans of said game. You won't win anyone over to your view point acting that way.
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    You also don't have any right calling people kids when you're acting like one. Grow up, mature some, educate yourself...or whatever you need to do in order to carry on a civilized discussion.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Op your delivery needs a ton of work.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Cant take you seriously since all you do is call critics "idiots" I guess im an idiot then because im skeptical about ESO. Flame bait is flame bait.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Nate

2 the tes series sold well without group dungeons, raids, chat channels, auction houses, tiered item sets & gear gated content. NO NEED TO INCLUDE THOSE FEATURES EITHER

as for tone, I suggest you look up the post history of jctgs for an example from the other side, the so called "true tes fans", who really just want swg in tamriel.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Not convinced at all by #2.  I'd enjoy a bit of not only realm pride, but also character pride when play a game like this.  Also, the issue of making alts just to explore something is ludicrous.  Many don't want to, or like making alts, and suddenly they're to be barred from 2/3rds of a game that they're presumably paying monthly for?

This may have floated some time ago, but what with there being so much competition in the market now, I personally will just take my money elsewhere, be I an ES fan or not.  The only way I would play this game if it did this was if it was buy to play with a cash shop and perhaps optional subscription that didn't restrict anything from those who just bought it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

as for tone, I suggest you look up the post history of jctgs for an example from the other side, the so called "true tes fans", who really just want swg in tamriel.

True, but it's the same for anyone who does it, whether I agree with a person or not makes no difference; as Beef said flamebait is flamebait.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

Your empty speculation about what could be or what may be just feeds the problem which is the vitriol on these forums.  Why don't you sit on your hands until the finished product is presented to you and then decide if you want it at that point.

Yeah I agree. What's worse is that these new games have very little information on them at all, and people are picking at tiny details.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

(1) Why don't you sit on your hands until the finished product is presented to you and then decide if you want it at that point.

(2)The biggest mistake game developers make is telling you people ANYTHING about what they're even THINKING about even CONSIDERING putting in the game.  Every word they speak can be twisted or manipulated into something negative to be used against them in some guys hit piece on the forums.

1, what makes you think I am doing anything other? Isn't that empty speculation on your part? I did after all sign up for beta and have actually stated that I will take a "wait and see attitude" even though there are things I don't like abou tthe game. I was merely addressing the original post indicating that "If Todd Howard gives his seal of approval then it has to be good", which, in my experience with companies, isn't always the case. I've seen higher lvl executives argue against a course of action but publicly support it.

And some people DO like the open world pvp experience and some people won't like the end game pvp solution. I don't really believe there is any speculation there.

2, This I actually agree with

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Please dude, keep your wife.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    (...)

it's a damn thing tetris is already made  :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

There was an exactsame post with the exact same formatting prior to the SW:TOR launch that argued the exact same topics.

Obviously a reputation management post.

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136

The same people complaining about Faction lock are the same people that complain about ganking on these forums... Zod could call out a few by name.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Please dude, keep your wife.

Shocked me as well.  He's giving out cookies to idiots though...nice guy.

OP dividing the world into thirds only provides one good thing...PvP immersion.  For me, I do not find PvP immersion more important than seeing all content without making two different alts.

Edit:  What does ganking have to do with dividing the PvE world into thirds?

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

The same people complaining about Faction lock are the same people that complain about ganking on these forums... Zod could call out a few by name.

Please help, I can't seem to find which page in the "Game design 101" handbook it states an open world will not work unless you have FFA PvP.

You can still maintain the central hub of Cryodil for PvP without having to have any PvP outside the area and without having to enforce artificial barriers to exploration.

So please don't insinuate that just because some people want an open explorable world tehy automatically want FFA PvP or insinuate that anyone who doesn't want FFA PvP is only against it because of ganking.

Bottom line is (and this very complex logic seems to brainfuck a lot of people for some reason) an open and explorable world and FFA PvP are 2 seperate design considurations.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    I agree a bit OP, but you could of posted this in a much better way.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

1. Agree

2. It isn t needed to cross into other realms zones at all. If any o you people bitching about it, ever played DAOC, with this style, knows it isn t needed.

Theres a couple things to consider. 1. It s good for PVE players=more players=more money. They are a business afterall. 2. Who knows how much content is in each area anyways. DAOC did this style, and there was plenty to do. In 8 years of playing DAOC I played nothing but Midgard. Didn t care to play any of the other 2.

The amount of players that are upset they can t go and gank other realms on they re turf, compared to PVE players is so onesided to the PVE players it s not even funny.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

It is sad to see so many people bitching and whining about other people who havent given up power in their lives so I thought I would try to enlighten everyone.

If you want to bend over and just "receive" you go right ahead and do so,  I however, will never remain silent when someone is trying to get behind me to slip me a...bone. If I dont like something I WILL SAY SO because I will NOT BLINDLY ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY for the sake of MEDIOCRITY.

Deal with it.

As for your "points" they are null and void because there are MMORPGs already made that PROVE that a TESMMO can be made LIKE TES. Open world, open faction choices, open race choices, open world PvP.

This game is being made with its massive limitations because the makers are stuck in the past and havent evoloved as game makers, a sure sign that TESO will be just another in a long line of "ME TOO" games just like everything else. No thanks, RvR with PvP stuck in PvP zones is a massive design flaw...a REAL WAR is not limited to areas OUTSIDE those that are warring with each other.

Serioulsy...3 factions are at WAR but we cant ATTACK their lands?!? STUPID GAME DESIGN.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    What is crazy that Zenimax is taking everything that made the Elder Scrolls games great and thowing it out the window for the sake of sales. That is what I see so far.  Making it for both Elder Scrolls players and casual mmo players will hurt the game in my opinion. When you are making an Elder Scrolls games you make it for Elder Scrolls players. Millions already love Elder Scrolls I don't see why they need to make it for the casuals other than to make more money.  The quality of the Elder Scrolls ip will suffer because of this.
    It al depends how big the world is.

If its like daoc, you will have a ton of pve world on a single character, more than any of these recent mmos, the last mmos with more pve on a single character would-be vanguard, then your going way back to wow and eq2. If you include alts in all 3 factions your going as far back as eq1 / ac for more pve.

Now if its like a modern mmo say swtor or tsw and they just divide it by 3 then you have a point. But I highly doubt it will have such a small game world.

Games like gw2 and tsw did rvr on the cheap by getting players to share the pve content, probably halfing the development budget.

Zenimax have a lot more resources than funcom and arenanet, they probably have the 3rd best cashflow of any games publisher after acti/blizz and valve. (yes I think they have more cash than ea)
  • NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

I have moved to the middle on the TESO subject, never seen such a topic draw so much anger next to TOR. it's going to be what it will be. Best to let it go to beta then release and see how it go's after that. No amount of complaining will make the devs change the game design at this stage, you have to loose lots of money before they get that little revelation.even then sometimes they won't change it.

Ride the wave and enjoy the view

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

This discussion has been closed.