Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Blizzcon 2013 Dated

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After a year's hiatus, Blizzard Entertainment has announced the dates for Blizzcon 2013. The fan event will take place on November 8th and 9th at the Anaheim (California) Convention Center.

Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website (www.blizzcon.com) as the event draws closer. Those interested in attending the show in person can make advance hotel reservations now and receive special BlizzCon rates by booking through the BlizzCon hotel website.

Find out more at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Bring it Europe sometime!

:(

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I hope they have something worth showing this time around.
  • NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

The blizzcon that finally reveals Titan. Wonder if they'll launch one of those mystery websites with a slow unfolding clue like they did with D3.

Wish they'd have it near chicago, would love to take my son to see one.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

I have a feeling this is going to be a big year at Blizzcon. They pretty much have to announce the next WoW expansion unless they plan on it not coming out until mid 2015. Thats a given, but it will be more interesting to see the other announcements. Potential canidates being Diablo 3 expansion which has been confirmed to be being worked on, the next Starcraft 2 expansion, and Titan. I seriously doubt we are going to see anything Titan related this year because I think when they show that off it is going to BE the show. Next year they could easily announce it even if they also announce a SC2 expansion. 

I also don't think Titan will be revealed because Blizzard knows when to put games out. Anytime in the next couple of years is probably not a good move considering the shape of the industry. No one knows what payment model is going to be "the one" going into the future and a ton of developers are still testing the waters. There is also a few high profile releases coming in the next couple of years that could very well shape the industry. Blizzard is known for looking at what other people do and shape it to be their own. (not quite so much innovation, but not a bad thing) If they really want to blow everyone away they need to spend nearly as much time researching the market as they spend developing the game. 

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

"No one knows what payment model is going to be "the one" "

It's ready when it's ready is not only about making people wait, but it's also about revealing when it's ready.   I doubt blizzard cares about anything except the state of the Titan project in regards to whether or not there will be a reveal.

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Year of the Titan (reveal). 
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

As other's have already said, we will see the next expansion for WoW, and probably an expansion for D3...if not an expansion probably some major overhaul points. I'm still on the fence about them revealing Titan. This would seem like a good time, especially if they aren't going to announce a D3 expansion.

In some regards, they almost have to show what Titan is. Blizzard had a fairly negative year last year, even though D3 sold really well, it was received pretty negatively among the general public in many regards. MoP had the worst showing of any WoW expansion, and Heart of the Swarm didn't release.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    D3 expansion for sure

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SBFord

The fan event will take place on November 8th and 9th at the Anaheim (California) Convention Center.

maybe will finally hear about Titan?  

hope so, EQnext is spilling the beans in early August

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Still cant beleive people are hyped about a game knowing nothing but the title "Titan" from a company that has declined in direction and quality since its announcement.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Dont even play any Blizz games atm. But im a HUGE fan of the lore so im planning on going.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

went to the last blizzcon=wasnt impressed.  lines everywhere-was a waste of time.

foo fighters were good. ats abt it.

the online coverege is ALOT better!! n cheaper! -but dont think theres anything  worth waiting from Blizz at this point. except the SC2 3rd expansion .

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Awesome news.  I hope all the people attending have a blast! 

To anybody wanting to go: I wish you good luck getting a ticket.  That shit sells out in seconds.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Love how most gaming mediums ignore the midwest.  This includes all the cons and other types of venues.

Would love to see a good gaming convention near Indianapolis or Cincinnati.  Or at the very least have some MMO studios come to Origins or GenCon.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by SBFord

The fan event will take place on November 8th and 9th at the Anaheim (California) Convention Center.

maybe will finally hear about Titan?  

hope so, EQnext is spilling the beans in early August

Aye i would expect Titan or what ever there next MMO to be announced, push along cause SoE announcing EQNext well giving alot more details on it. Im putting my money on SoE on this one to be the better game well atleast for me. Blizzard new game may get more player attention though if they dont screw it up because they have a larger player base with WoW than EQ2, although i know alot of people who use to play EQ is realy intrested to see what SoE does with EQNext aswell.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by LongLivePvP
    D3 expansion for sure

Possibly something on WoW and a whole lot on eSports from the business suits who run Blizzard I am guessing.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

time to put out something new and cutting edge Blizz instead of milking to death the old and tired (WoW exapansion, SC expansions, D3 expansions). Show us Titan and make it the best game of the next 10+ years. God wills it!