With proper sanctions in place, a Player Bounty System can work. The thought of hunting down an enemy player, especially if that player is a convicted griefer, is intoxicating. Moreover, the PBS would work as a lowbie-ganking deterrent.
- If Gankenstein kills more than "x" amount of players that are far under his level (unless Gankenstein is attacked first), then Gankenstein will be placed on the Player Bounty System.
- If you accept a bounty mission on Gankenstein and kill him, he will drop all non-soulbound items and gold that is on him. However, being killed will not remove Gankenstein from the PBS. Gankenstein will remain on the PBS for "x" amount of time (depending on the repeated offense).
- Other than bringing a griefer to justice and possibly obtaining loot that the griefer drops, there are no rewards. If there must be rewards, it can only be in the form of infamy points that can be used towards titles or aesthetic goods. You can only accept a mission on the same player once per week.
- Anyone can accept a mission on the PBS. However, if your faction rating is high enough in that faction's town, NPCs of that town may let you know how long ago they saw the target and/or what direction he or she was heading.
- The Player Bounty System is completely optional. You don't have to have anything to do with it...unless you are a griefer.
Bringing bad players to justice is all the reward I need.