Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MMO and it's downfall

All the new releases seem to be heading south, games like Rift, Star Trek online, Star Wars online, fuck even Guild Wars 2. I'm too ill and probably too poorly educated in the matter (despite being wrapped up in it all for the past 10 years) to create a meaningful fucking post but the whole genre is becoming a dead horse; getting beaten, maimed and ejaculated on. WoW is still pretty much a success, despite the dropping of numbers. However, the games is still at the reins of the franchise. It's no doubt because the whole series has been out for so long now, had major lore developments and just overall polish that it now holds a monopoly over the Genre. 

I don't think there will be any new 'revolutionary' MMO's to ever be created, not without breaking the genre completely and creating something new. Fuck, look at FFXIV, that failed completely and the dumb shits are now re-releasing another turd; making it more 'WoW like'. Which is a fucking waste of time, money and effort; I bet the game fails within the first 3 months and it goes F2P like so many others *cough* SWTOR *cough*. Elder scrolls will no doubt be the same, and oh... that's a big fucking mistake, fans will be expecting something similar to Skyrim online; not some standard MMO using the Hero engine??(same engine as swtor, buggy as cum. There are no WoW killers, there are no new MMO's to get hyped about; fuck the entire genre in it's infested anal cavity. 

I think it became apparent that shit was getting real when FFXIV was released. 
I remember watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4 and thinking; shit this looks awesome! finally, maybe an updated FFXI! Too bad it turned out to be copy and paste maps with XP locks and colloquial text which was batshit hard to read. Fuck you MMO, FUCK ALL OF YOUR BULLSHIT RELEASES.

...well, that being said I guess i'll go level my frost mage.

tl'dr: Fuck you

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    You know what's a dead horse? -This topic.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by chrisatron

I don't think there will be any new 'revolutionary' MMO's to ever be created, not without breaking the genre completely and creating something new.

1. Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games

2. World of Darkness by CCP

Revolution is coming. 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by chrisatron

I don't think there will be any new 'revolutionary' MMO's to ever be created, not without breaking the genre completely and creating something new.

1. Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games

2. World of Darkness by CCP

Revolution is coming. 

I highly doubt either game will bring a ton of change to the industry as a whole. Star Citizen isn't even a MMO, from the FAQ page. CCP, while successful with EVE, made pretty much no impact outside of it's own game.

Revolution isn't going to be riding with either development studio.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    You know what's a dead horse? -This topic.

Zombie horses are what this forum is about.

Another rant.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This topic is pretty much covered in already existing threads here in this forum. Venting in a post isn't inherently bad, but creating duplicate topics with profane venting rants doesn't exactly leave room for actual discussion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.