Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From a Fan of DAOC

SalemovSalemov Member UncommonPosts: 17

I don't want to re live the best days of mmorpg ever had in plaing DAOC!!!!!!!!!!!

I want somthing better :) 

How about we take it to 5 factions or more instead of 3 how about we make it you can choose which faction to join based in your race. there could be some restrections like Half ogers can join faction a and b while Trolls can join only faction c and maybe humens can join all factions.

How about we have Major quests that can lead to a  force diplomacy between to factiion for a set of time. ( Time to breath for a hammered down faction or a maneuvor to press another faction )

What I am trying to say is not to stick with daoc image but build a better one there hunderds of ideas waiting to be explored.

to City State Entertainment best of luck and you bet I am going to support you in your kickstarter.

sorry english is not my first language.

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

5 factions wouldn't really necessary make the experience any better. infact it would possibly make it worse. the thing is with 2 faction, if one faction becomes dominant the 2 will be forced to then fight that singular faction. with 5 though if 1 becomes more domiant, ther're kinda not forced to fight all the other playerbase. and its 66% more content they would have to make from IMO, not much gain.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Seems like a greater portion of ESO fans would prefer that players get to choose their faction to join (if any)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Seems like a greater portion of ESO fans would prefer that players get to choose their faction to join (if any)

I this though im sure we can visit the other factions lands!

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    3 realms is enough. It will be hard enough for them to create and balance 3 realms' worth of classes in time for release. More realms would be unnecessary overkill.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SalemovSalemov Member UncommonPosts: 17

as Daoc fan  and I think most with me here, I am looking for a freash experience with daoc core ideas but not to mimic the game.

But what realy is DAOC core!!!!!?

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44
    I think 5 realms is extremely risky for the sake of balance. I am not sure how that could play out.

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81
    I do think that 3, is the magic number.
  • LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

3 is great. Never thought about 5. Can't say i would not try it though. Why not? Unfortunatly its a big risk, which usually ends on a forum wish list.

Still i would definatly try it!

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    3 is perfect.
  • KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270
    Do we get to experience good old fashioned troll lag in RvR again? That would bring back some memories huh.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• SmorakSmorak Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Salemov

I don't want to re live the best days of mmorpg ever had in plaing DAOC!!!!!!!!!!!

I want somthing better :) 

How about we take it to 5 factions or more instead of 3 how about we make it you can choose which faction to join based in your race. there could be some restrections like Half ogers can join faction a and b while Trolls can join only faction c and maybe humens can join all factions.

How about we have Major quests that can lead to a  force diplomacy between to factiion for a set of time. ( Time to breath for a hammered down faction or a maneuvor to press another faction )

What I am trying to say is not to stick with daoc image but build a better one there hunderds of ideas waiting to be explored.

to City State Entertainment best of luck and you bet I am going to support you in your kickstarter.

sorry english is not my first language.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome.  The OP is asking for innovation.  He wants a NEW game.  He doesn't want an old game that they cut PVE and made crafting a full time job.  (BTW, those of us with jobs don't want to come home and "play" work again.)

5 factions... 7 factions!  Something different.  Make it 3 static factions but you can change your alleigance at certain points in the game.  I just spent 60 seconds and I've already come up with a newer, better game.

Come on CSE, show us you're worth the money.