Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Keep the title "Camelot Unchained" or change it?

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
The devs haven't decided on a name yet.  Let's help them out.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

I think they should change it given AOC Unchained beat them to it.  'Unchained' also made sense in terms of Conan, but what has it got to do with Arthurian legend?  Who was chained and when?

Camelot: Legends

Camelot: Beyond Pendragon

Monty Python and the Knights of Camelot.  

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

I voted to change it.

Change it to Camelot Reborn. Two reasons:

1. Unchained brings to mind Age of Conan Unchained

2. The initials CR sound better than CU (don't laugh please, it's a valid reason).

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'd like to see it changed although I don't have any great ideas for a replacement.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    they should change it. camelot unchained is a hype grab by association when CU is going to have very little in common with DAoC.

• SyrixIISyrixII Member Posts: 43

I voted to change it. Like others, i don't have a great name to throw in the comments but what feels bad to me is that the name only indicates 1/3 or the mythos represented here. TDD and the vikings deserved some representation in DAOC as well as they should here as well. As far as I know, this game isn't about camelot, but more so about ALL 3 realms fighting each other.

I'll leave it to the more creative types to find a name that represents all 3 realms though.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    They should change it to Arthurian Online.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    We'll be changing it. CU is just a working title for this game. We will have a much more appropriate name.

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Change it, Camelot: Clinging to the past

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136

Change it...

Camelot: Chronicles

Camelot: Fall of the Dragons

Camelot: Tri-Wars

Originally posted by jtcgs

You dont like the game... but something makes Zod think you do :P

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

Either that or I am hoping the man did learn something like he claims he did and will wake up and I dont know, try to make a game that isnt the same as what was made 12 years ago? Seriously, even Koster who blows knew he couldnt just keep making UO over and over and made SWG and EQ2...3 vastly different games that showed evolution in all ways. War was just a modern DaoC with a few cowbells thrown in.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Either that or I am hoping the man did learn something like he claims he did and will wake up and I dont know, try to make a game that isnt the same as what was made 12 years ago? Seriously, even Koster who blows knew he couldnt just keep making UO over and over and made SWG and EQ2...3 vastly different games that showed evolution in all ways. War was just a modern DaoC with a few cowbells thrown in.

Yes.. War was bad, however there were factors involved during the development of War. I dont think he could make the same mistake even if he wanted to this time around.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Camelot: Rise of Kings

Camelot: Invasion

Camelot: No Left Axe This Time!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Galadourn

I voted to change it.

Change it to Camelot Reborn. Two reasons:

1. Unchained brings to mind Age of Conan Unchained

2. The initials CR sound better than CU (don't laugh please, it's a valid reason).

this

• SmorakSmorak Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

I think they should change it given AOC Unchained beat them to it.  'Unchained' also made sense in terms of Conan, but what has it got to do with Arthurian legend?  Who was chained and when?

Camelot: Legends

Camelot: Beyond Pendragon

Monty Python and the Knights of Camelot.  

The problem with the name is that is a link to a past game from a former company.  It sounds just like the previous game, too (sans PVE).  Unless they make an original game with original realms and original themes, the best title for this game should be:

DAoC:  The Aftermath

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Hilarious. First DAoC gets mixed up with AoC because of the abbrevation, then they take it a step further and call it Unchained, again similiar to AoC.

Are they ripping off Age of Conan naming? Call it Camelot Online, end of story.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Daimonion69Daimonion69 Member Posts: 29

Maybe it should not be something with "Camelot", even if that might attract more ppl. And Camelot is an unfair name for Mid and Hib! So you could also Call it "Midgard Unleashed" or "Treehuggers Revenge". ;)

I think it should be more unique, not to get false expectations. Something that describes the core of the game. like...

The Eternal Conflict ? (TEC)

Originally posted by Daimonion69

Maybe it should not be something with "Camelot", even if that might attract more ppl. And Camelot is an unfair name for Mid and Hib! So you could also Call it "Midgard Unleashed" or "Treehuggers Revenge". ;)

I think it should be more unique, not to get false expectations. Something that describes the core of the game. like...

Zod likes this.

• SmorakSmorak Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Daimonion69

Last Stand of the Animist?

Stun, Nuke, Nuke... Now with more stun

The Vampiir that Ate Me...and the Other Seven

The Screech Behind The Wall... That Killed My Zerg

• kryllenkryllen Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Who doesn't love Lagcasters.
  • VargurVargur Member CommonPosts: 143
    It is an ok working title since just the word Camelot grabs attention, but I hope the change it before release. A naming competition could offer a lot of suggestions. :)
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Change it...

Camelot: Chronicles

Camelot: Fall of the Dragons

Camelot: Tri-Wars

you forgot

Camelot : The Legend of Curly's Gold!

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    Anything that doesnt have "Camelot" in it... They've already said it's not going to have ties to DAoC, so why keep the Camelot name?

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68

RVR: We haz it

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

World of Camelot

yes I am joking

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.