Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of wushu is advertised as open pvp, LIES! PVP Sucks! 72 hours in jail.

smokefinsmokefin Member Posts: 48

72 hours in jail. I killed 30 people and after that i died to 4 other players and went to jail. Now i need to serve 72 game time hours of jail. I literally didnt belive it at first, but its true. SO:

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

Unsubscribed soon as i found out. This is clearly not a game for me, but carebares. I'm not going to pay for a game where i cannot function for 26 days. Also, there is no world pvp, only duels. Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one. So there is no pvp for me if im unguilded.

I can say that i really enjoyed the sandbox and graphics, but this game is mucking retarded.

Thanks for reading.

Cool cat

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152
    QQ Man, you did the crime do the time. This acually makes me interested in the game though, 

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    It's carebears, not carebares. 
  • General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by smokefin

72 hours in jail. I killed 30 people and after that i died to 4 other players and went to jail. Now i need to serve 72 game time hours of jail. I literally didnt belive it at first, but its true. SO:

I play 4 hours a day, that means that i will be released from prison in 18 real life days, IF i managed to be online all those 4 hours aday, after that i will be executed and i will have halved stats for 24 hour game time. So i'm back to normal in 26 days if i play 4 hours aday.

Unsubscribed soon as i found out. This is clearly not a game for me, but carebares. I'm not going to pay for a game where i cannot function for 26 days. Also, there is no world pvp, only duels. Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one. So there is no pvp for me if im unguilded.

I can say that i really enjoyed the sandbox and graphics, but this game is mucking retarded.

Thanks for reading.

Amusing...

Soooooo you got caught? aaaaaaaaaaand you cant do the time?

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Sure there are guild wars, but wtf... who gives a fuck about guilds, im not even in one.

I wonder why you're guildless...

• smokefinsmokefin Member Posts: 48
    So here comes the carebears....

Cool cat

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    It is not lies.  It is open PvP anywhere you want. .even in town.  It doesn't say there are no consequences and if you read about it at all before hand you would know about the jail time.  it makes it more interesting.  You can't kill newbs all day and then cry when someone more powerful beats you and you get punished for killing the other folks.  If you want open PvP without consequnces then start doing bounty hunting.  This is what actually makes the open PvP in this game work.  There is an element of danger to it either way.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• smokefinsmokefin Member Posts: 48
    So you think 26 days of afking in real life is good punishment for killing 30 players?

Cool cat

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Actually, this makes me interested in this game. There should always be consequences to open world PvP.
  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    What are the lies? You killed 30 people. What is the problem?
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    So you think 26 days of afking in real life is good punishment for killing 30 players?

Its your own fault if you spread it out over that many days,  most people would not do it like that.  Personally if I had that much jail time i would do things like log in and afk when i go to bed or leave the house for work.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    I do believe there should always be a penalty for a PK... but thats a lil much they could tone it down a lil.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

Thanks for reading.

Owned

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

I'm not totally sure about this, it sounds like you really went on pretty long noob killing spree, but I think you can bribe your way out of jail, get someone else to get excuted in your place, or break out. Also I've heard secret passages can be found.  I've never gotten thrown in jail so that could all be BS.

But just log in and walk away for 3 days if you have no other choice.  The game doesn't log you out automatically.  Not that I've seen anyway.  Then go be a bounty hunter instead of a murdering noob killer.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    So here comes the carebears....

what carebears?... read this... you go to jail if you kill players illegaly

http://www.ign.com/wikis/age-of-wushu/Imprisonment_System

You go on a rampage killing anything that moves? without caring if you have the status to do so, pay the consequences.

This system is magnificent. We dont need another same ol same ol wow pvp system like every other mmo where criminals dont get punished. I dare say you were part of the random massive slaughter that happense at Jiming Posthouse sometimes.

Kudos to snail games for making the difference.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I actually like this. Bout time the noobs/bads killing people levels lower had a penalty in s game.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

The OP made me laugh out loud!

I've been recommending AOW to friends interested in the open PVP experience.  It seems the more I hear about this game, the more I'm impressed with it.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Where is the like button again ? :)
    Originally posted by Punk999
    I do believe there should always be a penalty for a PK... but thats a lil much they could tone it down a lil.

They should leave it that way but instead add a bribe system that sets you free (but still with your criminal status). Or spend some silvers to cut some jail time. And lastly, if you spend your well deserved jail time you get out with no criminal status.

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

To be honest I am with the OP from a point of view.

Open world PvP would mean that you go and do that, PvP. THe consequences should be lifted if fighting someone on the same level as you (same skillset), but also any player bashing newbies should be punished, and in AoW the punishment is severe and I like it.

So bottom line is: the punishment should be lifted/lowered when fighting players on same level and it is OK if you go on a rampage and own 30 newbies (bounty on the higher level player and let things unfold - which basically is happening now)

Just a personal thought, not trying to impose my opinion ;)

V.

• majorsmerkmajorsmerk Member UncommonPosts: 9
    The OP is a pvp'er and a carebear at the same time.  How is that possible?
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    I actually like this. Bout time the noobs/bads killing people levels lower had a penalty in s game.

true. WHen you complain about a higher lvl one shotting you they say "dont like being PKed? go back to pve server". Now its the lowbies turn to say to them "dont like being arrested? go back to pve server" LOL

Originally posted by Volmok

To be honest I am with the OP from a point of view.

Open world PvP would mean that you go and do that, PvP. THe consequences should be lifted if fighting someone on the same level as you (same skillset), but also any player bashing newbies should be punished, and in AoW the punishment is severe and I like it.

So bottom line is: the punishment should be lifted/lowered when fighting players on same level and it is OK if you go on a rampage and own 30 newbies (bounty on the higher level player and let things unfold - which basically is happening now)

Just a personal thought, not trying to impose my opinion ;)

V.

the thing is, AoW is not about having a fair same level fight like you would do in other mmos. Its about being right or wrong, a criminal system. Even with the same level. If im innocent and you kill me you become criminal. You go to jail. If im criminal and you kill me (as long as you have a "police" status) you are fine. They focus on that system, being a good guy and be the target of criminals, or be a criminal and take the risk of being caught.

I understand what you mean, but thats how every other open world pvp mmo is (without the high lvl vs low lvl punishment).

i think AoW can still be improved, but it has the right system.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

You actually do not have to kill anyone.  It is a little like SWG.  When you "kill" people, then go into a bleeding state for 20 seconds or so where other players can bandage them.  If they hit that 20 seconds, then they die and respawn and you get nothing added to your kill value.

So you can PK all you want, just let them bleed out and die in their unconscious state.  When you strike a killing blow in the unconscious state, then you are subject to any of the rules.

Plus there are numerous events where you can PK and kill people and not get any increase in your wanted meter.  Guild invasions or guild wars, numerous school events, spying...all those things you can do.

But I suspect the OP is just one of those players who likes to gank those who are much lesser in internal level, and when someone of equal or higher level comes along he runs like a little girl.

The best part is you can go into the jail and taunt him while he is behind bars...lol.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Thanks for reading.

Er...isn't this a F2P game? How does one unsubscribe and even if you did, what would be the point?  (or is there a monthly sub option)

But back on topic, there are games out there for people who favor unrestricted killing, this clearly isn't that title.

It does sound like you could clear your account by leaving your computer logged in for 72 hours straight which would quickly clear your status.

But that wouldn't change the overall design of the title which clearly isn't what you are looking for, even if other posters in the thread seem to favor it.

As for the insults with the term carebear, they are just game players looking for a more realistic, system that has a sense of order and law, doesn't make you any more hardcore or cooler because you favor a more open style world. (BTW, TERA PVP servers sound like the perfect place for you to vent your frustrations on.)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Interesting.  I think I'll give it a try.  been thinking it anyway.  This just puts it in a plus category

I self identify as a monkey.

This discussion has been closed.