Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what Happened to Pokket?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by dinams

But that RipperX guy....I just can't watch his video till the end, I dont know if its because he fails to make me laugh or because sometimes he tries too hard to make a game fun and amusing when it really isnt

i rarely watch his videos for the same reason. They are not "bad", just not interesting enough, and the fake voice make it worse. Thats just me. He would do better if he acts more natural.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Deto123
    I didn t think she was worth watching IMO. She became extremely boring. Ripper X on the other hand just flat out annoys me.

I know, right.  What's the deal with his voice.  It sounds like he is purposefully trying to sound like a slick snake oil salesman.

I liked Pokket well enough.  I'm not really looking to be entertained, but rather informed in more detail about a game.  My preference is for the narrator to have a pleasant voice and who doesn't try to crack jokes when they know they aren't funny.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I can't figure out why people watch youtube videos of others playing games?  For a preview of the game maybe once?

I do miss Coyote, he was fairly entertaining.

The last time I got excited watchin someone play a video game was that street fighter video where what's his face came back with a huge combo to win in the championship game. God that was years ago though, dunno how to even find that video.

Was it this one?  This is one I got excited about.  http://youtu.be/pS5peqApgUA?t=2m38s

haha never mind someone else knew the one you were talking about too.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Krematory
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I can't figure out why people watch youtube videos of others playing games?  For a preview of the game maybe once?

I do miss Coyote, he was fairly entertaining.

The last time I got excited watchin someone play a video game was that street fighter video where what's his face came back with a huge combo to win in the championship game. God that was years ago though, dunno how to even find that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq1ey4-ewyQ This one? Pretty epic huh? :P

That's the one. Anyone who played a lot of SF knows how amazing that truly is lol. Well it is for me, but I have never been pro at fighting games.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Originally posted by Icewhite

I assume contract expired.

But that's not a good misogyny story, sooo, I'll have to make up something more provactive.

Too bad, I thought she had some good articles (I mean that in a totally platonic and non-biased way).

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Can't spell and can't find my tookus with both hands today.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

I always thought she was fluff

Pretty girl hired by this site to keep the guys coming here.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    I laughed way too hard at that picture...
  • MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    To be honest I found some of the articles irritating.  I don't mind slightly ill-informed diatribes in forums, but in articles it winds me up (thinking largely of the 'people left my guild' moan a little while ago).    
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Pretty girl hired by this site to keep the guys coming here.

i dont think so. Just like any job. Its never 100% garanteed you will stay there forever.

Also if that was true, why are we still here?

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Who cares

She was as relevant as a fart in a bunkhouse

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    May she find fair winds, wherever the tides take her.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Me too.

Often times doesn't really actually reviewed any games I feel, just make some comments about some superficial stuff and act cute.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Like all the talking heads she had some entertaining articles/vids and some that were less so.
  • residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123

I didn't like pokket but that doesn't mean she didn't have value. Gaming is hard...you can't be unemotional about it.

I'm sure she's a good person but gaming isn't for everyone. Passion is the energy of this community. My personal pet peeve was when she pushed off the Matt Miller/ Positron interview. Why would she not want to talk to him? I wanted her gone for sure after that...

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Me too.

Often times doesn't really actually reviewed any games I feel, just make some comments about some superficial stuff and act cute.

The sad part is she rants and raves about other girls doing the same exact shit she does/did. Hilarity.

We need more fluff on here now :(

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I jsut felt the whole Pockket thing was contrived.  She had a shrill voice and the green hair really was over the top.  I might jsut be sexist but Im not huge on girl gamers haha.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Me too.

The sad part is she rants and raves about other girls doing the same exact shit she does/did. Hilarity.

We need more fluff on here now :(

Just another "professional hot chic" who makes a bit of a name for herself then sells it somewhere else.

Her gaming reviews and commentary were the equivalent of doing a book report by reading the jacket of the book.

Every game she played she ran with "pro" groups touting how she is so good at PvP meanwhile she was stacked with buffers and pocket (pun semi intended) healers.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    She's still around.  Click if you dare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E7MjZV50E4 I warned you!

Dammit, this is literally worse than anything Rick Astley could have ever done to me.

Anyways her dialect was the only issue that prevented me from watching. Although I do find the posts in this thread. . . I guess to an extent special.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

She basically had no idea what she was talking about most of the time, unless it was SWTOR related, and even that was bizzare at times.

I just don't think she offered anything that made her watchable.  She would just claim things that made little sense, (she claimed she read through THQ's bankruptcy reports but then didn't seem to have any idea what their licenses and I.P's were). As for MMOs she seemed to have little interest or insight into anything but SWTOR oh and then that was only Sith Sorceors.  She was neither amusing nor informative.

Overally I got the impression she was an Avril Lavigne for the MMO crowd...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I was wondering what happened to her myself a couple of days ago.
  • residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by Omnifish

Overally I got the impression she was an Avril Lavigne for the MMO crowd...

Omnifish, LMFAO. Avril Lavigne is too generous.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I didn t think she was worth watching IMO. She became extremely boring. Ripper X on the other hand just flat out annoys me.

/agree

There is a reason some people make good presenters. This guy is an example of what not to do. Needs to go have adenoids removed, move microphone away from mouth (or get a windscreen), and in general try not to sound like the guy from IT that resides in the closet/office on the 2nd floor.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

I know, right.  What's the deal with his voice.  It sounds like he is purposefully trying to sound like a slick snake oil salesman.

I liked Pokket well enough.  I'm not really looking to be entertained, but rather informed in more detail about a game.  My preference is for the narrator to have a pleasant voice and who doesn't try to crack jokes when they know they aren't funny.

Same here...

I don't know why people insist on trying to be comedians in these videos. If you are funny, go with it. Don't go out of your way to try to be funny. Just tell me about the game and if the comedy works, it just does. I personally like Grakulen's sense of humor. He doesn't try to be funny, but he interjects humor from time to time during an informative segment. Ripperx videos are horrible IMHO. I am not a Pokket fan, but she gave good information during her videos.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I couldn't sit through her videos. She always come off as at 16 year old girl talking to her friends about that first kiss. Nothing she did came off as very knowledgeable about her subjects, and I'm not trying to be mean, proofreading her reviews must have been a nightmare. She seemed like a very sweet girl and I wish her the best, but she really needs more experience and training if she wants a career doing what she is trying to do. I have no doubt with more training and experience she can become better.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot