Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer/Group based playing

Michael2670Michael2670 Member Posts: 4

I played Wow for like 6 years, and got sick of the new kid promotion thingy, i want to play along with other adults instead.

But i been looking for ages for a game that invovle Tank/healer/dps groups like wow, but with mature players, lots of content and evolving... but i must imit i have failed, i cant find any proper GAME!

I dont have lots of demands but i dont want a game for 5 years old, i dont want pay to win but i would like a subs game to be sure of follow ups and good support.

I been wondering about Neverwinter/Elder scrolls but i cant really figure out if they have what i seek.

Cus i dont think theres any on the marked now.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

You might give TSW a try -- the players tend to be a bit older (30+) and the game themes are also for a bit older audience as well.  Good article below:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/why-i-play-the-secret-world/

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

yeah i played wow for years on end as well :3

still has a soft spot in my heart tho hehehe xD

you might want to try Secret World like what ^ he says but its totally different from wow though, but yes the audience is indeed more mature. you never know, you might enjoy it :3

i have TSW as well if you do end up playing it mebbe we can play together sometime!

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• Michael2670Michael2670 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry i forgot to mention. it has to be fantasy, all this real life/sci fi isnt for me :) i want fireballz and such
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Michael2670
    Sorry i forgot to mention. it has to be fantasy, all this real life/sci fi isnt for me :) i want fireballz and such

Then I would suggest LOTRO -- definitely a bit older audience and a fantasy setting.  The world is quite beuautiful and big, with perhaps a slightly more "realistic" fantasy setting.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    i would say try Vanguard or AC2 (or maybe EQ2, but there a lot of people plays mostly solo)
    I tried LOTRO but i never liked i dont like the way the NPC and the game looks not my style, i cant set a finger on it but it just isnt me :)
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Sure are a lot of people suggesting F2P games to someone that asked for Subscription based.

Go try Rift, is one of the few games remaining that falls into your restricting criteria.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by jtcgs

Sure are a lot of people suggesting F2P games to someone that asked for Subscription based.

Go try Rift, is one of the few games remaining that falls into your restricting criteria.

Exatly, i played Rift i might give it another go..

I dont really know why i stopped.

Maybe i should look into it!

Thanks!

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42

Hi. maybe u can try Tera Online. now is free to play and is not pay to win. and u can experiment with the action cambat ^^ and i can tell u healing in tera is realy fun ^^ i have one priest lv 33 and so far is great and the most important is fun ^^

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Exatly, i played Rift i might give it another go..

I dont really know why i stopped.

Maybe i should look into it!

Thanks!

You may be disappointed with RIft particularly in the new expansion.

• The theme is more techy and less fantasy than before.
    • Grouping is problematic at lower levels.
    • Healing seems to have become much more difficult and a lot of healers are not coping well.
    • Some regular PvP is almost mandatory at higher levels (at least 3 hours a week)
    On that last point I am referring to doing the three faction PvP zone "Conquest" in order to get and maintain your "Conquest Perks" that give you very valuable stat and speed increases in PvE as well as PvP.
  • renrinkenrenrinken Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by motoraton

Hi. maybe u can try Tera Online. now is free to play and is not pay to win. and u can experiment with the action cambat ^^ and i can tell u healing in tera is realy fun ^^ i have one priest lv 33 and so far is great and the most important is fun ^^

If your seeking complex and engauging group content, I would not suggest TERA. 

TERA follows common formula of WoW style themepark (quest>dungeons>endgame). It combines simple hotkeying with more mobile sense of monster hunter (along with all the iframe abusing).

Sadly on the road of making a more engaging combat system, they end up doing the opposite.  Group combat is extremely simplistc, tank and healer end up spaming 2-4 skills over and over again. You will find yourself nodding off only after a few runs.

DPS is a bit more forgiving with slightly more complicated rotation, but ultimately it gets repetetive pretty quickly. Where TERA shines is in its high level solo content that pushes your concentration, but sadly this doesnt really belong in a MMO.

tl;dr: TERA has simplistic group combat, so its good only in small doses, very fun boss soloing but that content belongs in a single player game.

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42

@renrinken in part is true but rigth now i think tera is pretty nice option ^^ 

• renrinkenrenrinken Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by motoraton

@renrinken in part is true but rigth now i think tera is pretty nice option ^^ 

I do agree that for fun group content TERA is very good, simplistic isnt always bad. But I dont think it meets OP's expectations, lets see.

1. Simular to WoW (Trinity): [O] If TERA's group content is anything, its simular to WoW. Although as I mentioned its more simplistic so small doses is best.

2. Mature Players: [X] If OP thinks WoW is mostly filled with kids, he really isnt going to like TERA community. Double so now its f2p. Before F2P the community was a bit more mature then WoW but not by much, but with F2P rolling around your getting a lot more younger players.

3. Lots of Content: [X] : Sad to say TERA simply doesnt have much content for its age. Sense TERA had no real endgame at launch, what it got up to now is barely passable, and future content although is coming, is very slow.

4. Evolving: [X] The core game itself is the same, there is no real innovation in TERA. They are develeping the same content, you wont see new features or unique content very much. On contrary, I think content is getting weaker. kTERA is really pushing the nerfing of open world bosses which eventually will hit NA TERA.

5. No P2W: [O] For now F2P TERA is handling things right, nothing that is clear p2w. Of course people will distort what p2w actually means and lump TERA in with it.

6. Subscription/Good Support: [X] : Even when TERA was subscription based this was a problem. Hell EME doesnt even have a test server. They have no clue whats in each patch until they bring down the servers and upload the patch. They blindly report whatever patch notes BHS gives them. Community interaction is even worse, EME staff barely interfaces with the community. They flat out refuse to communicate with their fanbase on content issues.

This mainly comes down to the fact that EME has very little say in what patch BHS gives them. So almost all of their interaction with the community is when reporting a change that BHS sent them. They will rarely comment on issues they cant change, they will simply ignore the concerns.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    You shouldnt restrict yourself to just fantasy that is tolkien derivative.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

lotro still uses subs and has the trinity.

neverwinter won't be subbed but has the trinity.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

I played Wow for like 6 years, and got sick of the new kid promotion thingy, i want to play along with other adults instead.

But i been looking for ages for a game that invovle Tank/healer/dps groups like wow, but with mature players, lots of content and evolving... but i must imit i have failed, i cant find any proper GAME!

I dont have lots of demands but i dont want a game for 5 years old, i dont want pay to win but i would like a subs game to be sure of follow ups and good support.

I been wondering about Neverwinter/Elder scrolls but i cant really figure out if they have what i seek.

Cus i dont think theres any on the marked now.

What do you guys think?

WoW was for most part modelled from still superior Asheron's call 2 so if you seek a mmo with heal/dps/tank then AC2 is for you with mature community.

On side note it have no instance no guidance its open free world and no quests hubs or npc ! above head, so no eaze mode its a mix between sandbox and themepark.