Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish there was a vanilla server....

Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I'd even pay extra..  Level 60, MC stomping on you, BWL laughing at you, original Naxx.

Alterac valley that lasts 4 hours with the epic bosses..  Warlords armors that look amazing...

I wish Blizzard could find a copy of their vanilla game laying around and offer a server for those of us that would just go back and play the game as it originally was.

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I liked the ecaying ranks of pking so only pkers got pk armor isntead of grinding for it on and off at a casual pace.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I've been playing on a vanilla server for the last several months.  Google is your friend.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

They have a copy lol. It just isn't financially viable for them to support two versions of the game when they have 9+ million subscribers. If people are playing it the way it is now, why should they make any effort to please a few thousand people that would play for a few months, get bored, and then ask for a BC server?

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I got to warlord, and was 3rd in  line to get HWL on my server, but 3rd in line would mean 6 months and a divorce so I stopped pvping and let my rank decay.

Originally posted by kanezfan

They have a copy lol. It just isn't financially viable for them to support two versions of the game when they have 9+ million subscribers. If people are playing it the way it is now, why should they make any effort to please a few thousand people that would play for a few months, get bored, and then ask for a BC server?

Wow is always about having lots of things to do, I'm just giving them a few easy ideas.

oops double
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I don't. Vanilla WoW was a horrible, unpolished, laggy mess of a game. Even though I no longer play (financial reasons, not quality) it's much more fun & polished now than it's ever been. Though I will admit the community was a bit better back in the day. That isn't magically going to improve just because an 'old school' server is opened however. 

Originally posted by Rednecksith

I don't. Vanilla WoW was a horrible, unpolished, laggy mess of a game. Even though I no longer play (financial reasons, not quality) it's much more fun & polished now than it's ever been. Though I will admit the community was a bit better back in the day. That isn't magically going to improve just because an 'old school' server is opened however. 

If Blizzard did this, nobody would make you play it.  Don't worry! :D

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by sevitoth
    I've been playing on a vanilla server for the last several months...

Same heh, although it's only been a few weeks for me so far. Probably the most fun I've had in a mmorpg since the official vanilla era.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Playing tbc here and it's actually damn good fun, best expansion because there is a lot less zerging and face rolling. There is also something relaxing about knowing the tiers don't go on forever so you don't feel pressured to gear up ASAP or forever be behind.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

I'd even pay extra..  Level 60, MC stomping on you, BWL laughing at you, original Naxx.

Alterac valley that lasts 4 hours with the epic bosses..  Warlords armors that look amazing...

I wish Blizzard could find a copy of their vanilla game laying around and offer a server for those of us that would just go back and play the game as it originally was.

OP, check you mail, I sent you something :)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ty oh glorious Internet for the bc server I play on every day. Ty for allowing me to follow that wonderful attunement path again, and glorious glorious spell fire!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Ty oh glorious Internet for the bc server I play on every day. Ty for allowing me to follow that wonderful attunement path again, and glorious glorious spell fire!

I'd be interested in learning about this if the number "1" and letter "x" is involved :p.

I'm going to guess that it's not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

I been saying this for years. I would sub in a heart beat.

They should have two Vanilla's, West and Easy and also two BC servers, West and East.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I would like to see this only if they fixed some class issues, made all specs viable , and Added resilience to PvP gear.

Only way to do it would be to have it set from the last patch before the switch over. No changing what so ever. 

Man I miss the old world sooo much.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by snoop101
    Only way to do it would be to have it set from the last patch before the switch over. No changing what so ever.  Man I miss the old world sooo much.

Last patch was the pre bc patch...Made some major changes that some vanilla purists might not like..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Only way to do it would be to have it set from the last patch before the switch over. No changing what so ever. 

Last patch was the pre bc patch...Made some major changes that some vanilla purists might not like..

You know what I mean.

Great memory by the way.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

I'd like a combined TBC/Vanilla server which is capped at level 60. All the content/gear would also be capped and balanced to level 60. Slow down leveling a bit (compared to how it is now) and make Outlands a 50-60 continent. Would be awesome.

Oh dreams...

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

Vanilla wow was fantastic, but I'd even take vanilla and TBC.  It may not have been as polished then as it is now as some have pointed out, but if you over polish something it loses its lustre (just look at GW2).  

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hay snoop101.......I sent you an mmorpg e-mail....When you get a chance check this out :)