Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: FPSGuru - What We Know About Bungie's Destiny

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We may not have been in attendance at the recent press event for Bungie's ambitious new living world FPS (Destiny), but Jeff Lerman over at sister site FPS Guru has scoured the web for every detail and put together a terrific look at everything we know so far about the MMOFPS.

The coolest thing I've been reading so far is how strongly Bungie wants to have players create their own story. Every game tries to make its player generally the hero or you started with nothing and are now the chosen one. Ending the game by saving the world, killing a enemy threat, finding the antidote, you know, anything awesome at the end of the day. Well instead of taking a linear storyline route, Bungie wants you to create your own story. Okay, I took a different route but got the same ending, so what?

Read the restof Jeff's fantastic write up over at FPSGuru.com.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/48bn5c/destiny-first-take

Was pretty informative too.And I think I found it easier to stomach than that Out of Darkness Vidoc-those developers seemed so pretentious "Bigger than Halo, how can anything be bigger than Halo! We''ll find out" LOL.

• JacobossJacoboss Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Not for PC? I'm out. lol
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Jacoboss
    Not for PC? I'm out. lol

According to this interview with Eurogamer there is a possibilty of coming to the pc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-requires-an-internet-connection-to-work

"On the possibility of a PC version, Parsons said: "We would absolutely love to be on the PC. If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned." No mention was made of a Wii U version."

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    If not for PC pssssh its a slap on the face

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

So we know this isn't going to be for PC, but it's pasted across every forum I visit even ones that claim to be about PC Gaming (not saying this site,but still)..

Is it because it's a project from Bungie that we all have to take heed?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I just don't understand.

Licensed engines like the Unreal Engine supports all major platforms. So it should be effortless to release for PC and WiiU as well.

http://www.unrealengine.com/en/platforms/

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

You can take my mouse, keyboard and PC from my

COLD

DEAD

HANDS

No Bungie!  No sale!

• officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55
    First person shooter(s) not for me. Good luck Bungie this game is not for me.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Just because it's not coming to the pc, it doesn't mean it doesn't belong on this website. I will definitely try this.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122
    to be honest, the bits ive read, have actually made me think, wow, i need a console....
  • Hekate27Hekate27 Member Posts: 47
    Well what I read made me think, shame they are not releasing it on PC ... at this stage.  I refuse to buy a console just to try out some game I might not even enjoy.  Now if they bring it out so that my trusty mouse and keyboard can get in on the action ...

Do what thou wilt, and harm ye none. - Witches Rede

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Once I read console, I decided to delete this quest.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    If they don't put it on the PC, and not as an afterthought, they're seriously missing a chance at something even bigger than what the consoles can offer.  You'd think Activision (Blizzard) would understand that and push that card.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Blizz developed WoW originally over 10 years ago in about early 1999 in the era of the PS2 and Xbox, and using an engine from Warcraft III, which was their point-and-click mousey online RTS game. Likely back in 1999 none though they could do an mmo like WoW on and Xbox or PS2, so they didn't make the attempt. Since then what is now Activision Blizz has merely polished their code a little and pushed out game updates and expansions, but have never announced WoW2, so again likely development for consoles has never been considered, Blizz are kinda lazy with the WoW cash cow.

Destiny by going for PS3 and Xbox360 will have up to 140 million people to aim for, but 10 million or so copies will do nicely for them, and the MMO FPS market will do well for them. I certainly will be playing this one. Will be a blast.

• floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59

PS3, 360? no thanks, hah!

I'll be playing this on PS4/720 (whichever is more powerful).

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    This will hit pc two years after console release. I'm happy about that because I am tired of maintaining a pc and playing gsmes with people that play 24-7
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Well, get the PS4 then...though, I am going to buy both and upgrade to the most powewrful Smart TV I can afford when this all lands. 
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Seriously are they that niave....  PC is what FPS gaming is all about.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.