Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there no hype?

ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

And when I ask this question i am referrign to BLESS and EIN by NEOWIZ games. If you ever had the chance to see the trailers or the gameplay or storyline of either you probubly already asked yourself this question. This looks like a real final fantasy done right here the graphics are amazing and uses an unreal 3 engine and has been in development since 2009 with 150 world-renowned game developers and designers who put it all together sure it isnt in english yet but check it out if you havent already!

http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/Bless/

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

With great hype, Comes great responsibility.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Nitth

Well it is on the down low I had to really find those titles so maybe waiting for a big finale? lol

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Shrilly

And when I ask this question i am referrign to BLESS and EIN by NEOWIZ games. If you ever had the chance to see the trailers or the gameplay or storyline of either you probubly already asked yourself this question. This looks like a real final fantasy done right here the graphics are amazing and uses an unreal 3 engine and has been in development since 2009 with 150 world-renowned game developers and designers who put it all together sure it isnt in english yet but check it out if you havent already!

I tell you why.

Because for both games I read "story-telling" experience and that alone just made me go... "No, thanks."

If I want a story-telling experience I'd buy a single player game. For MMORPGs, I'm stil looking for being set free in a world which will not happen any time soon.

But the graphics look superb though, too bad.

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282

Yeah the graphics for this look really nice, BUT...

Look at the combat in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_iBJcZtwI

Its the same old combat, some people like this kind of system, thats why they are playing WoW, and many other similar games.

Originally posted by mmoski

Yeah the graphics for this look really nice, BUT...

Look at the combat in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR_iBJcZtwI

Its the same old combat, some people like this kind of system, thats why they are playing WoW, and many other similar games.

Originally posted by LauraFrost

I tell you why.

Because for both games I read "story-telling" experience and that alone just made me go... "No, thanks."

If I want a story-telling experience I'd buy a single player game. For MMORPGs, I'm stil looking for being set free in a world which will not happen any time soon.

I would still give the game a chance for hard work they put into it etc. and the gameplay is smooth also I would give it a shot for the positives that it does have i still think people would/should care about it i never hear anything going for it on the forums to me it should at least be a spotlight game for visuals and beauty of it.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Any idea on when an NA/EU release is coming?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282

I would still give the game a chance for hard work they put into it etc. and the gameplay is smooth also I would give it a shot for the positives that it does have i still think people would/should care about it i never hear anything going for it on the forums to me it should at least be a spotlight game for visuals and beauty of it.

Well the OP title is "why is there no hype", and IMO thats because, good graphics != good gameplay, when i look at other games, such as Archage or Black Desert, im looking for really nice systems that may make a game unique or something special, and ive not seen anything from this so far. Too me it just looks like another WoW with better graphics, and i have no doubt, alot less content.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I tell you why.

That really depends on how they tell a story. A multiplayer game should have a multiplayer story and a massive game a massive story. If you can pull of a great story everyone play through together instead of adding a single player story to a massive game things are rather different.

Story does not really mean that you must instance everything even if far too many people (and gamedesigners) think so.

Originally posted by Loke666

I tell you why.

That really depends on how they tell a story. A multiplayer game should have a multiplayer story and a massive game a massive story. If you can pull of a great story everyone play through together instead of adding a single player story to a massive game things are rather different.

Story does not really mean that you must instance everything even if far too many people (and gamedesigners) think so.

I totally agree image

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Loke666

I tell you why.

Very poetic and I like your thinking... however, how is it going to be implemented? Bioware the King of Story Telling failed miserably. I honestly cannot imagine how you can incorporate pre-made story in an MMORPG. For me, it's counter-productive. It's much easier to just provide the LORE - which is optional - scattered around the world and let the players themselves create their own stories.

In the end, I'm not looking for an MMORPG for literary work. If I am into literature or story-telling I'd get a best-selling book (much... much... better writing, trust me). For me I want to experience being in a world, not being in a pre-made story. Story-telling, to me, detracts from this and doesn't add to it.

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270

They look good but to be honest with you I don't have much faith in a company that arrogantly thinks they can work on 2 MMO's at the same time. The market is already FLOODED with MMO's, if you are going to make one, put all your resources into one and try to make something truely special.

When a company is trying to make 2 at once, all that says to me is that it is more rehashed crap with no innovation and nothing worth seeing because I've seen it a thousand times. They are looking for a cash-in.

If a company is truely passionate (That's what you want, that's where the good games come from) about making an MMO, they would be working on just 1. Very simple.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

and great disappointment (see: GW2)

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Save the pretty boobies from the bad orcs!!!

Umm, okay, got that out of my system.  I'd be interested in the game if it came to my shores.  Hype comes in two flavors; word of mouth and advertising.  It's to soon for advertising so it looks like you, OP, are the hypester.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I have to say both games look pretty cool. Bless looks fun, wish they had some true gameplay video.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    True, as one poster said, I don't play MMO's for the story... but I'll be damned if those aren't the best elephant graphics I've ever seen.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

And a metric crapton of bitchin'.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Neither EIN nor BLESS have NA release dates or are even promised to release in the west at any time, ever. That's why they're not listed on this site. MMORPG.com is a western run site, they talk about games they can actually play. If this were a universal gaming site, the games list would be much larger than it is. Age of Wushu was talked about elsewhere for years before this site bothered with it, and that was only once it was said to release in the west. I've known about Kingdom Under Fire 2 since 08, it only just appeared on this site when the NA website for it appeared. 

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Because "HYPE" costs a developer money.

Perhaps you need an advertisement budget.

Perhaps you need a company which does your guerilla marketing and likes your videos on youtube and posts on forums.

Ask the Koreans. You know which ones.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I tell you why.

S

S

I agree. story telling is going too far now days. I want just gameplay that has dots connected and fun.

crafting, pvp, politics, pve, building, character modification, economics, and story to be part of the line that connects these dots.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Zeno89

They look good but to be honest with you I don't have much faith in a company that arrogantly thinks they can work on 2 MMO's at the same time. The market is already FLOODED with MMO's, if you are going to make one, put all your resources into one and try to make something truely special.

When a company is trying to make 2 at once, all that says to me is that it is more rehashed crap with no innovation and nothing worth seeing because I've seen it a thousand times. They are looking for a cash-in.

If a company is truely passionate (That's what you want, that's where the good games come from) about making an MMO, they would be working on just 1. Very simple.

Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Neither EIN nor BLESS have NA release dates or are even promised to release in the west at any time, ever. That's why they're not listed on this site. MMORPG.com is a western run site, they talk about games they can actually play. If this were a universal gaming site, the games list would be much larger than it is. Age of Wushu was talked about elsewhere for years before this site bothered with it, and that was only once it was said to release in the west. I've known about Kingdom Under Fire 2 since 08, it only just appeared on this site when the NA website for it appeared. 

Zeno i thought the same way its almost a waste to coome out with 2 games at once thats qa bad company move because then you dont know which one you want to play you keep hopping etc.

gaeanprayer the NA is TBA on the release date, so there is hope they have sites in english so i can only suspect they are working with voice actors at some point to achieve an NA release so i only hope it comes to fruitation.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Why would there be much hype?  The next Korean-made game to catch on in the US will be the first.  Aion and TERA probably did well enough to justify the localization costs, but most go straight to pay-to-win item mall.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Why would there be much hype?  The next Korean-made game to catch on in the US will be the first.  Aion and TERA probably did well enough to justify the localization costs, but most go straight to pay-to-win item mall.

Huh?  I play a Korean made game.

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

ya only part i liked was when the sexy dark elf lookin chick was shooting arrows at the dragon...

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

What is your relationship with this company?  Do you get compensated for posting this?  By law, you have to tell us if you are.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Doesn't look to bad. I've watched a few gameplay videos on youtube and I kinda like the realistic style.

The game doesn't even have a dedicated forum on this website o.O