Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games do you play AT WORK?

So I know we all get bored at work every so often and for those of us lucky enough to be in front of a computer with an internet connection we have some options.

So what games do you guys play when you're supposed to be working?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    minesweeper
  • alteredparadigm1alteredparadigm1 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by muffins89
    minesweeper

lol,  besides Minesweeper / Solitare and the pre-installed Windows stuff.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543
    I am the in a position that my computer cannot be seen from outside my office, so I have played WoW ( not anymore ) battle pirates ( facebook game )  and friggin around with pirate101 for some whimsical time killing

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Psst...once upon a time I coded a game while at work (for somebody else).  Shhhh.

But no, long since ceased such shenanigans. Bad economy for a job hunt.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

used to play tetris and such long ago, more when got free time.
    sometime played runescape as it browser game (crafted semi afk by in-out runs LOL)

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

I don't play games at work, and it's not just because I couldn't even if I wanted. They have our computers and network pretty well locked down.

However, the last time I played a video game at work it was Menzoberranzan.

EDIT: Spelling

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    You people actually have time to play at work? O.o I couldn't even fathom gaming at work, even minesweeper, I might be able to check the news during lunchtime, but that's about it...
    Originally posted by Nefera
    You people actually have time to play at work? O.o I couldn't even fathom gaming at work, even minesweeper, I might be able to check the news during lunchtime, but that's about it...

I guess it really depends on your job.  Some of us probably do a little more mindelss things that others :P

I'm guessing your job envolves customers?  Mine is basically project based so I work in "me time" into project completion estimates :)

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    not sure if its a game or not but its been one long ass boss fight.

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152

Why are you even playing games at work? Reason its called work...

I can see people saying they do it during break or w/e but that isnt work that be called a break. 

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

Originally posted by etharn

Why are you even playing games at work? Reason its called work...

I can see people saying they do it during break or w/e but that isnt work that be called a break. 

Life is too short to give your job 100%.

On the other hand if you love what you do , you got a point.

My job involves calculating payrolls (and everything remotely related to HR) and the company's IT stuff. Lately I've been playing the "Prioritize To-Do List" game. =P Yeah, I wish I could slow down at times, no chance of that at current job though.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by URMAKER
    not sure if its a game or not but its been one long ass boss fight.

Ha!  Nice.

One of my first jobs was a temp for about a year at a company that was in the process of being bought out by GE.  After I got comfortable with my duties I was able to complete most of what I had to do in the first couple of hours.  So I just ended up playing the earlier final fantasies on an emulator for the rest of the day for about ten months.  Kind of miss that job.  Actually towards the end my super just told me I could leave if I wanted to after a half day and he would just sign my time cards as if I was there for forty/week. 

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    @OP regarding giving job 100% - in the current economic situation, if I don't give my job 100%, the company can without any difficulties find a dozen others who will. With virtually no vacant jobs around and a mortgage to pay off, giving less than 100% isn't an option. :(
    Originally posted by Nefera
    @OP regarding giving job 100% - in the current economic situation, if I don't give my job 100%, the company can without any difficulties find a dozen others who will. With virtually no vacant jobs around and a mortgage to pay off, giving less than 100% isn't an option. :(

Understandable.  Some of us have cooshier jobs than others for sure.

Maybe try working for the state? lol

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Well, I have the extreme luxury of working from home most days...so I play whatever I want while working :D
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

as i am

1. a cook and on feet all day and have no access to computer and

2. i was taught that when your being paid you should be earning that pay.

i do not play games at work

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Solitaire

Spider Solitaire

some Chess

Forum trolling....bout it really

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    forum PVP.. only game at work I can play in quick spurts

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Last place I used to work  I know of at least 15 folks who were fired for playing games, and don't think that compaines dont check that stuff.  It is easy to track folks using bandwith. I seen people play wow, and eq2 at work.  mostly folks were playing  minsweeper and solitare.  I seen folks fired for even surfing forums at work. 

When we rolled out new desktops to folks desk we put in an exe that looked like minesweeper and solitare and if somebody used the exe it would lock their desktop out, and notify internet security.  

We all had to sign an internet complaint document, there were no second warnings. We were in fact at work given bonus pay if we spotted somebody doing something like that and turned them in. 

In this day and time playing at work for most companies like the largest inusurance company in the us, they take a dim view of folks playing on their pc's and not working.  

Where I work at now we have to sign an internet complaince document.  Things are so strict we can't even use iheart readio apps. Like I said they keep a tight leash on bandwith. 

Originally posted by Aerowyn

You'd probably like this game then as it has Battle Allocation meaning you have a limited amount of fights / hour.  So you end up fighting in quick spurts like you say.

Then you can get back to work (or back to the forums)

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Games some people at my work play all day long:

1. Lie and cheat to get promoted

2. Blame others for own failures

3. Pretent to work while surfing 7 hours a day (1 hour is lunch break)

4. Write emails to other who ask you to do something explaning how you are not responsible even though you are.

I wish my company would allow computer games to be played, at least those make me happy.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Originally posted by Spiider

Games some people at my work play all day long:

3. Pretent to work while surfing 7 hours a day (1 hour is lunch break)

lol, I cant count how many times I've walked by some peoples desk and they quickly minimize facebook.  Even my boss.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by alteredparadigm1
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

You'd probably like this game then as it has Battle Allocation meaning you have a limited amount of fights / hour.  So you end up fighting in quick spurts like you say.

Then you can get back to work (or back to the forums)

ill have to see if it will work on my phone:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg