Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

meta gaming tv interview mo developer sebastion perrson

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

OK... this is not a knock on the game... but that was the most painful interview I have ever seen in my life.   It was by a fan named Scream and it was his first time ever hosting a show (other than the MO radio).  I could only watch maybe 15 minutes and had to shut it off.

Only interesting thing I heard is that they were apparently number 50 on Steam Greenlight... but Seb had no idea what that meant as far as getting approved.

Oh yeah.. and someone said Discord told them they had 400 people online at 1PM...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256

A quick glimpse about how much "fun" it is right now:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/server-getting-worse.84645/

And this is unsuspicous of being just hater comments: These are from active MO players which usually rather act like fanboys. If you think this game is already so bad it hardly can't get any worse you'll be proven wrong on a daily basis.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    http://www.twitch.tv/metagamingtv

Watched like 20 mins of that joke. No serious questions at all even though people were screaming about issues like prediction, AI and pathing in chat. Was one of the same: bla bla we will have that in mind, we will do that in the future... we are aware of that and we plan to adress that in the future...

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

...That was...Bad...

I watched maybe 10-15 mins of that 'interview' before having to turn it off. Sebastian is much younger than I had pictured him and actually seems like a pretty nice guy from what I could gather. Based on his posts on the MO board I assumed he was far more "cocky" and arragent than he appeared in that "interview"- Or at least the small bit I was able to watch.

-How do we know that nothing "hard hitting" was asked since none of us made it past 20 or so mins? LOL. I tried, really I did- Had it running in a second window and have been listening while browsing the news and drinking my morning coffee. I still couldnt stomach it for very long.

-Seemed very amature in quality, presentation , scope and planning. But maybe it got better? =)

EDIT: Anyone make it all the way through? Anyone else give up at the 10-20 min point? Will our hero escape unscathed from the pits of doom?

For answers to this and more-  tune in next week. Same Bat time, Same Bat channel.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    It wasn't the best interview by far, and Scream was nervous as hell going into it and couldn't keep his mouth closed when he should have. But I found it rather charming, and alot of questions were answered, like prediction, AI etc. So don't say it wasn't when you guys didn't see it all. And Seb gave a really nice first impression. He stayed calm in the in the middle of Screams babbling. But give the guy some slack. It was his first live interview. Everyone must start somewhere.
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
     But give the guy some slack. It was his first live interview. Everyone must start somewhere.

yeah, I guess so. I also second Seb made a nice impression.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i enjoyed hearing about sebs experiences when starting out in sv and how alpha and beta went etc, was certainly a poorly executed interview though but still had its moments that made it worthwhile.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

It wasn't the best interview by far, and Scream was nervous as hell going into it and couldn't keep his mouth closed when he should have. But I found it rather charming, and alot of questions were answered, like prediction, AI etc. So don't say it wasn't when you guys didn't see it all. And Seb gave a really nice first impression. He stayed calm in the in the middle of Screams babbling. But give the guy some slack. It was his first live interview. Everyone must start somewhere.

I was there when you bumped in and said smt like "wtf is this s__t still going on" so dont pretend that you heard everything. No serious questions were answered and the guy that was taking the interview was either a fan cause he was kissing Seb's butt either his rl friend. He was adressing questions of the type "what about waggons and carts" and "what about new continents, throwing spears and axes?" while he was skipping all the questions concerning AI, nodelinies, lag, prediction system etc etc.

People are tired of we gonna adress that in the future and we have that in mind, we gonna introduce boats and all the regular crap coming from Henriks and Sebastians mouths. Even if we assume that the will at some point in the future then whos gonna code for all that? Sebastian? Dont make me laugh.

Originally posted by argirop

I was there when you bumped in and said smt like "wtf is this s__t still going on" so dont pretend that you heard everything. No serious questions were answered and the guy that was taking the interview was either a fan cause he was kissing Seb's butt either his rl friend. He was adressing questions of the type "what about waggons and carts" and "what about new continents, throwing spears and axes?" while he was skipping all the questions concerning AI, nodelinies, lag, prediction system etc etc.

People are tired of we gonna adress that in the future and we have that in mind, we gonna introduce boats and all the regular crap coming from Henriks and Sebastians mouths. Even if we assume that the will at some point in the future then whos gonna code for all that? Sebastian? Dont make me laugh.

You do know that you could see it all again right after right? And that he also put it up on youtube? And Sebastian DID answer questions bout prediction and AI. You once again prove that you either can't hear what people are saying, or that you haven't seen more then the 20 minutes you said you did of  "the joke" of a interview. And I know Scream alittle myself. He sometimes comes and visit the mumble that I'm in. And he never spoke to Sebastian before that interview. Only through mail. Where he contacted him and asked if he wanted to participate. And Scream doesn't play MO now either. He once did.  But not any more. So wouldn't call him a fan. He wanna get his twitch interview thing going, and have asked around for people to interview. He thought of MO and asked both Henrik and Sebastian. And Seb was kind enough to do it even though he knew it was Screams first live interview. And the question your refering to are the once he picked from the viewers. He had a document with questions that he asked Sebastian with first. I thought it was a nice mix of serious and funny questions. Like the one bout the testicle bird etc. It wasn't a good interview. But it sure had it's moments. And Sebastian, as I said before, gave a very nice and humble impression. Felt like a fellow gamer.

It still amazes me that you haters actually tune in to see a interview of a game that you despise. Would be interesting to spend a day in your head. Like "Being John Malkovich". To see what goes on in there and what drives you. I would NEVER tune into a interview of some developer that I hate. What a freaking waste of time. But hating MO is your hobby, so I guess that's why. I rather play games I enjoy instead. But that's me.

It still amazes me that you haters actually tune in to see a interview of a game that you despise. Would be interesting to spend a day in your head. Like "Being John Malkovich". To see what goes on in there and what drives you. I would NEVER tune into a interview of some developer that I hate. What a freaking waste of time. But hating MO is your hobby, so I guess that's why. I rather play games I enjoy instead. But that's me.

Shrug, I don't despite MO, I despite SV. However tuning in and listening about his exoperience and hardships is interesting regardless of the company he belongs he.

You do know that you could see it all again right after right? And that he also put it up on youtube? And Sebastian DID answer questions bout prediction and AI. You once again prove that you either can't hear what people are saying, or that you haven't seen more then the 20 minutes you said you did of  "the joke" of a interview. And I know Scream alittle myself. He sometimes comes and visit the mumble that I'm in. And he never spoke to Sebastian before that interview. Only through mail. Where he contacted him and asked if he wanted to participate. And Scream doesn't play MO now either. He once did.  But not any more. So wouldn't call him a fan. He wanna get his twitch interview thing going, and have asked around for people to interview. He thought of MO and asked both Henrik and Sebastian. And Seb was kind enough to do it even though he knew it was Screams first live interview. And the question your refering to are the once he picked from the viewers. He had a document with questions that he asked Sebastian with first. I thought it was a nice mix of serious and funny questions. Like the one bout the testicle bird etc. It wasn't a good interview. But it sure had it's moments. And Sebastian, as I said before, gave a very nice and humble impression. Felt like a fellow gamer.

Will tell you for 1 more time that no one hates MO. Mortal online is a game (a bad one and half assed or Alpha/Beta if you prefer) and whoever is capable of hating... a game should at least ask for medical treatment. I personnaly love the idea behind it and i am so frickin disapointed that a failed bunch like Henrik and his sidekicks are running the show instead of a decent company. Now if you ask me, if i hate SV and the people behind it, i would say that hate is a heavy word but tbh i m not exactly unhappy with the fact that they miserably failed and they proudly became the laughing stock among the gaming industry. I can w8 untill the next time they exaggerating themselves in terms of stupidity and unprofessionalism and i cant help myself from laughing with the troubles they re causing to their one game while they re releasing out in the internet types that do share your own mentality and culture to do their viral marketing.

I m sorry but i cba to go and watch the full video on youtube since the taste i had from what i saw was enough for me to be sure that nothing decent will come out of it regarding MO's bad state. 

P.S. I cant help myself laughing when remembering Sebastian Person: Lead Programmer of SV.... Who exactly he is leading and how he can be considered as a programmer?

Originally posted by Toferio

Shrug, I don't despite MO, I despite SV. However tuning in and listening about his exoperience and hardships is interesting regardless of the company he belongs he.

Well, I thought MO/SV were the same thing. Since they don't have any other game then MO. But I guess it can be interpreted both ways. Kudos to you for actually listening to what Sebastian had to say. And maybe realizing everything ain't as black and white like some here might think. You took the time to listen to what he had to say. I sure respect you for doing so Toferio.

Will tell you for 1 more time that no one hates MO. Mortal online is a game (a bad one and half assed or Alpha/Beta if you prefer) and whoever is capable of hating... a game should at least ask for medical treatment. I personnaly love the idea behind it and i am so frickin disapointed that a failed bunch like Henrik and his sidekicks are running the show instead of a decent company. Now if you ask me, if i hate SV and the people behind it, i would say that hate is a heavy word but tbh i m not exactly unhappy with the fact that they miserably failed and they proudly became the laughing stock among the gaming industry. I can w8 untill the next time they exaggerating themselves in terms of stupidity and unprofessionalism and i cant help myself from laughing with the troubles they re causing to their one game while they re releasing out in the internet types that do share your own mentality and culture to do their viral marketing.

I m sorry but i cba to go and watch the full video on youtube since the taste i had from what i saw was enough for me to be sure that nothing decent will come out of it regarding MO's bad state. 

P.S. I cant help myself laughing when remembering Sebastian Person: Lead Programmer of SV.... Who exactly he is leading and how he can be considered as a programmer?

OK. You tell me you don't hate it. Then I guess you love to hate it? :P But  we can both agree to you not liking the game at least. So. I still don't get how someone can tune and listen to a interview with a developer of a game he don't like and don't play. Sry. I can't grasp it. But you seem to like to laugh alot and think SV are comic geniuses or whatever and have to hear it all or something. I rather watch a stand-up with Cris Rock. But I guess our likeness for humor differ.

And if you don't care to listen to the whole interview and what was asked and answered, then don't come here and puke your lies about Sebastian not answering any serious question about AI etc. Noone will take you serious when you do that, and I hope people reading this will see through that ignorant behavior.

OK. You tell me you don't hate it. Then I guess you love to hate it? :P But  we can both agree to you not liking the game at least. So. I still don't get how someone can tune and listen to a interview with a developer of a game he don't like and don't play. Sry. I can't grasp it. But you seem to like to laugh alot and think SV are comic geniuses or whatever and have to hear it all or something. I rather watch a stand-up with Cris Rock. But I guess our likeness for humor differ.

And if you don't care to listen to the whole interview and what was asked and answered, then don't come here and puke your lies about Sebastian not answering any serious question about AI etc. Noone will take you serious when you do that, and I hope people reading this will see through that ignorant behavior.

People can play the p2w option and make their own conclutions regarding MO. I m not writing anything to make a point to anyone nor to influence anyone. Can you say the same? I ll answer that for you. NOPE and even if you do it would be a lie. You got a job to do afterall.

People can play the p2w option and make their own conclutions regarding MO. I m not writing anything to make a point to anyone nor to influence anyone. Can you say the same? I ll answer that for you. NOPE and even if you do it would be a lie. You got a job to do afterall.

lol. Yeah, then I work for alot of companies. Age of Wushu, The Repopulation, Darkfall etc. I'm just a guy that love sandboxes in all shapes and form and I test almost all of them. And it's a hard time doing, since they are all developed by small companies. But so far, no other sandbox have had the same impact on me like MO. It sure is my favorite one. Without doubt. But it's far from perfect, and if you read up on what 've said about it, I far from advertice for it. If I did, they would have fired me for doing such a poor job and also saying good things about games like Age of Wushu, that I also play atm and like. So no. Your wrong. It's not my job. I work as assembler in real life. :P

Edit. And if you think people can try the f2p option, then do so, or like in this case with the interview. Stick to what you know. And say "I saw 20 minutes and it sucked. If you wanna see more be my guest". But at least don't write lies, that you know is lies, and try to sound like the cool cat. Cause you only look foolish when other sees it, and finds out you were talking outa your behind on this matter.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

Why do people complain about this game? Yes..I've played it and still jump in occasionally. Yes it has many bugs. But... If you don't want to deal with the issues this game has then don't play an MMO by a developer with a staff of 5 people.

I think they're doing fine for the limited resources they have....including human resources.

Sometimes I log on just to look at the beautiful views to be found in the game....and no....not the naked bits.

lol. Yeah, then I work for alot of companies. Age of Wushu, The Repopulation, Darkfall etc. I'm just a guy that love sandboxes in all shapes and form and I test almost all of them. And it's a hard time doing, since they are all developed by small companies. But so far, no other sandbox have had the same impact on me like MO. It sure is my favorite one. Without doubt. But it's far from perfect, and if you read up on what 've said about it, I far from advertice for it. If I did, they would have fired me for doing such a poor job and also saying good things about games like Age of Wushu, that I also play atm and like. So no. Your wrong. It's not my job. I work as assembler in real life. :P

Edit. And if you think people can try the f2p option, then do so, or like in this case with the interview. Stick to what you know. And say "I saw 20 minutes and it sucked. If you wanna see more be my guest". But at least don't write lies, that you know is lies, and try to sound like the cool cat. Cause you only look foolish when other sees it, and finds out you were talking outa your behind on this matter.

If you like sanbox games then you play the wrong ones. MO and Darkfall both lack sandbox features and elements. Just because Henrik is keep on saying that the game is a 3D version of UO it doesnt mean he is right. As it is about age of Wushu and The Repopulation i have no clue cause never tried them. Now if you consider MO better game than DF then you clearly have low standards or you totally lack gaming experience or criteria. The first one is totaly lacking of quality, stability, functionality while the second one was a somehow decet and complete game. I cant say that i loved DF cause i didnt like the world but if i had an option to play a game with DF's features and polishing and the immersion and realistic world of MO i would go for that any day of the week.  Now if i could add most of the UO's features that would be a dream.

[mod edit]

If you like sanbox games then you play the wrong ones. MO and Darkfall both lack sandbox features and elements. Just because Henrik is keep on saying that the game is a 3D version of UO it doesnt mean he is right. As it is about age of Wushu and The Repopulation i have no clue cause never tried them. Now if you consider MO better game than DF then you clearly have low standards or you totally lack gaming experience or criteria. The first one is totaly lacking of quality, stability, functionality while the second one was a somehow decet and complete game. I cant say that i loved DF cause i didnt like the world but if i had an option to play a game with DF's features and polishing and the immersion and realistic world of MO i would go for that any day of the week.  Now if i could add most of the UO's features that would be a dream.

[mod edit]

Thankyou for clarifying that my taste is the wrong one. I will stop playing all games that you don't like since your standards seems to be the holy code for what a gamer can like and not like. Derp.

Thankyou for clarifying that my taste is the wrong one. I will stop playing all games that you don't like since your standards seems to be the holy code for what a gamer can like and not like. Derp.

You are very welcome. In the meanwile keep on reporting every single post that you cant handle. Truth hurts isnt it?