Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 is fun again - why?

SibcoeSibcoe Member UncommonPosts: 61
Hey guys -

I had a really interesting experience with this new patch 1.0.7.  Having been highly critical of it and the direction the game was going in, I have not stopped playing D3 since the patch, find out why here:

Diablo 3 Ubers and Crafting and Patch 1.0.7

Let me know what you think about the patch.  

Cheers 0/

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Nice vid, I've not played D3 since maybe patch 1.0.3 so I have missed alot of the addtons, changes and improvments like Paragon, Monster Power, Itemization changes and so on.  Might jump in again on the weekend, 1.0.7 is the PvP brawler patch right? 4player FFA sounds like fun.
  • wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231

saw  the video,  then got back on.  Still feels the same to me.....

on a side note.......wheres the sexy gamer girls? lol

• neosapienceneosapience Member Posts: 164
    Diablo 3 sucks because the gameplay sucks. Monsters aren't a challenge (you can either kill them easily or you die in 2 seconds) and the only way to progress is by grinding the same boring mobs until you get better gear. Making D3 enjoyable would require a major overhaul to its core mechanics, and that's not going to happen, ever.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by neosapience
    Diablo 3 sucks because the gameplay sucks. Monsters aren't a challenge (you can either kill them easily or you die in 2 seconds) and the only way to progress is by grinding the same boring mobs until you get better gear. Making D3 enjoyable would require a major overhaul to its core mechanics, and that's not going to happen, ever.

So you basically hate the entire genre, then? What are you doing here anyway?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I like 1.07. By the look of Xfire (on the first page, the detailed chart wasn't updated yet), looks like quite a few people come back for it.

What i like:

- RD change (or you can call it nerf). Now you don't just get kill. The RD shield turn on and off. That actually makes combat better because you can develop strategies against it. And no switching to LS weapon!

- Crafting. In fact, it changes my farming routine. Now i pick up all yellow items, and not just 1H, rings, amulets,....

- MP public games.

I actualy have not tried pvp yet. I wonder if that is fun.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

So you basically hate the entire genre, then? What are you doing here anyway?

Exactly. Some people have no clue.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by expresso
    Nice vid, I've not played D3 since maybe patch 1.0.3 so I have missed alot of the addtons, changes and improvments like Paragon, Monster Power, Itemization changes and so on.  Might jump in again on the weekend, 1.0.7 is the PvP brawler patch right? 4player FFA sounds like fun.

Patch 1.05 was awesome. The key hunt with the Keywardens. The crafting of the Machine and fighting the new über bosses with a choice of MP.

It all took ages for a normal player to get a decent Hellfire ring. The MP level play is great: the more challenge, the better chance of drops.

While patch 1.07 has more crafting, the mechanic of 1.05 was what I seek in online games:

- Challenge (solo)

- No requirements

- Setting your own difficulty

- Grind.

D3 is an excellent game after all these patches. The nay sayers of the first hour were silenced by Blizzard (or they didn't play the game).

Originally posted by sportsfan
    Originally posted by expresso

Patch 1.05 was awesome. The key hunt with the Keywardens. The crafting of the Machine and fighting the new über bosses with a choice of MP.

It all took ages for a normal player to get a decent Hellfire ring. The MP level play is great: the more challenge, the better chance of drops.

While patch 1.07 has more crafting, the mechanic of 1.05 was what I seek in online games:

- Challenge (solo)

- No requirements

- Setting your own difficulty

- Grind.

D3 is an excellent game after all these patches. The nay sayers of the first hour were silenced by Blizzard (or they didn't play the game).

I like the new crafting in 1.07, better than the hellfire ring just there are more slots, and you can gather enough to craft faster. I don't have the patience to get a good hellfire ring, but it is easy to incorporate crafting into my farming now. It is nice that you don't need NV5 to even get demon essence.

So i can change up my farming routine for more variety, like doing VOTA, instead of just running act 3.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Yeah I realized the Diablo genre was dead to me the second I played my first 3D MMO (EQ), back in the day.  I'm a bit suprised more people haven't realized that they are braindead clickfests, as it seems everyone bought D3.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

D3 has by far the best gameplay of any of its competators...by a long shot.

Your analysis of mob challange seems to be a mix of normal difficulty vs launch inferno...given theres now 10 mob difficulty settings and they took out those really challanging mob types.

If you dislike grinding for gear, on the same mob types (despite theres variety however i agree they need more maps) then your shouldnt be playing D3 or any other ARPG.

No other ARPG has the attention to detail, interactible world, physics engine....

Really the only hate on this game comes from people who hate ARPG games, or people who are enraged D3 wasnt a copy paste of D2+expansion.

Personally i like these types of games, though in bursts of play, and have tried them ALL...keep comming back to D3 because its just way more fun to play, has the best multiplayer, and by far the best combat.

With that said D3 has come a long way since launch, endgame is now fun (by ARPG standards) and rewarding.  All the game needs now is an expansion of content, and an overlying stat system like D2's rune system.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Yeah I realized the Diablo genre was dead to me the second I played my first 3D MMO (EQ), back in the day.  I'm a bit suprised more people haven't realized that they are braindead clickfests, as it seems everyone bought D3.

You should consider D3 as some kind of arcade rpg. Might help you understand those who appreciate it.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Originally posted by Vindicar
    Originally posted by Mardukk

You should consider D3 as some kind of arcade rpg. Might help you understand those who appreciate it.

action RPG is the term.

Personally i found Diablo (not just 3, but all of them) way better games than EQ. No camping. Combat is more fun. No wasting time to look for group (just click a button and you are there).

And D3 has more challenge than 99% of MMOs. There is even perma death.