Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve fans vs MAG fans: who should CCP listen to most ?

2»

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by tixylix

I just don't see how it'll be popular.

Context over content.

The gameplay itself does not need to be above average to succeed (although that would certainly help).  What matters is whether the objectives being of consequence within a larger, more complex universe motivates people to play.  That's not going to take shape immediately - it needs time to evolve as people wrap their heads around it and get a feel for how it affects their play.

As for who should be listened to, it's really no different than any situation where two playstyles are coexisting in the same game.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by blackthornn
    scrap the whole project and finally  focus on WoD Online.

Yep, just waiting for DUST to fail so CCP can move on and work on WoD.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

I don't think any one cares do they? A game from an IP that's only game is on the PC and they're releasing it for the PS3, not even a console people associate the FPS genre for or online gaming because the controller's analog sticks and PSN both suck. 

trollololol, troll is obvious. image

No, he has a point. The only people who care about DUST are Eve players, who own a PC and a PS3. Doubt there are that many around as it costs enough money to play games on one platform so I gather most people just stick to the one they prefer. Doubt PS3 players even know what Eve is.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by blackthornn
    scrap the whole project and finally  focus on WoD Online.

Yep, just waiting for DUST to fail so CCP can move on and work on WoD.

cant fail. its free.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii

I don't think any one cares do they? A game from an IP that's only game is on the PC and they're releasing it for the PS3, not even a console people associate the FPS genre for or online gaming because the controller's analog sticks and PSN both suck. 

trollololol, troll is obvious. image

No, he has a point. The only people who care about DUST are Eve players, who own a PC and a PS3. Doubt there are that many around as it costs enough money to play games on one platform so I gather most people just stick to the one they prefer. Doubt PS3 players even know what Eve is.

I'm sure you have a source for that datum other than your urgent wish for it to be true. Perhaps you could let us in on it?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

http://dustboard.com/global/

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Since it's in EvE universe, and it's basically an EvE extension the focus should be on making it fit EvE world and lore, whatever that means from dev perspective.

However, like some people already stated, it's on PS3 so I dont really care. If it were on PC I'd play it but then again it would be a different kind of beast anyway with a lot less limitations. They should have simply made new MAG or new IP if they want it to stray from EvE universe and lore. DUST should have been on PC anyway, now it's just a pile of bullshit.

This reminds me why my PS3 is nothing but a BR-player and netflix platform, the fracking consoles sticking their noses and fingers where they shouldnt be and shitting up good things as always :)

Game of the year games like Skyrim sold more on the consoles than PC. Even with limited play that they have (no modding). The jokes on PC. Most FPSers play Console. Console has the major exclusives that PC will never get unless the consoles drop out the console war.

I know, and? I was talking about a product belonging to EvE universe, I said they should have just made something original if they want to make another limited console game. EvE based shooter belongs to PC imo.

If you want talk about sales numbers anyway, sure, go ahead, I hope you take into account that consoles sell more only because they are cheap and any idiot can operate one, it does not mean the games themself are superior. PC has superior games in every way, graphics, size, etc, they dont have to be limited because of poor hardware and only few buttons that you can press on console controller. Why dont you wait a bit and necro this thread when next gen gets released ;P

well IPs cross platforms all the time.

Dust 514 is set in the Eve universe, but that doesnt mean its EvE. thats where your mindset confusion starts.

DnD started as a table top game, doesnt mean it couldnt also be a video game on a console or PC, just because its part of the same IP.

same thing with Warhammer. it started as a table top game, and same IP cross plattforms to PC as a RTS, as well as a shooter on consoles.

same IP, not the same games.

Dust 514!= EvE it is its own game, set in the same universe IP.

You are mistaken actually, it's not simply set in same universe as separate games, they actually work in the same game-world, as in DUST battles outcomes affect EvE, EvE ships can bombard DUST battles etc. DnD is not a very good comparison since there's different kind of games and worlds under that which have nothing to do with each other directly, however DUST and EvE are directly connected to eachothers.

• woeyewoeye Member Posts: 119

MAG very popular? Eh, what? From my understanding MAG was quite popular for some weeks. Then tanked hard due to various issues such as lag, balanacing (SVER > all) and, well, the team-play. Because CoD emo players hate team-play ;) Mind you, I really liked MAG and played it a LOT. But to me it seemed that CoD was way more popular and MAG quickly became a niche game in comparison. 

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    They should listen to me and work on WoD. Forget the rest! image

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.