Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totalbiscuits interview during beta

itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

It occurred to me that people might not have seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Yeah seen it and I appreciate it for the amount of gameplay footage. Beyond that, since he is sitting there with the devs he couldn't really comment like he normally would. 
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    which isnt necessarily a bad thing...sometimes totalbiscuit pisses me of, cause if he like a game he likes it - even if its for the dumbest reasons and if he doesnt like something or some aspects its just all crapp, hes not even trying to be somewhat objective nor does he let other opinion stand besides his own, thats sometimes just annoying
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Yeah seen it and I appreciate it for the amount of gameplay footage. Beyond that, since he is sitting there with the devs he couldn't really comment like he normally would. 

Actually there were a couple of things he said he wasn't too sure about when they talked about them in that video, but he wasn't stark raving mad I agree.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    which isnt necessarily a bad thing...sometimes totalbiscuit pisses me of, cause if he like a game he likes it - even if its for the dumbest reasons and if he doesnt like something or some aspects its just all crapp, hes not even trying to be somewhat objective nor does he let other opinion stand besides his own, thats sometimes just annoying

HA ! agreed

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    They would of asked him to leave and refused permission to show video if he gave negative opinions, you have to use tact in the business he is in.  I did smile when he asked them about the microtransactions, the guy got all coy and said something on the lines of "thats something we not really got into yet".  Yeh right of course they havnt, considering the game is built around microtransactions.  The game looks nice and enticing, but this game is going to be grindy to get anywhere.
  • LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    They would of asked him to leave and refused permission to show video if he gave negative opinions, you have to use tact in the business he is in.  I did smile when he asked them about the microtransactions, the guy got all coy and said something on the lines of "thats something we not really got into yet".  Yeh right of course they havnt, considering the game is built around microtransactions.  The game looks nice and enticing, but this game is going to be grindy to get anywhere.

I know it's hip to hate on developers nowadays, but working in the industry, I know that sometimes Devs don't know the monetization plans aside from putting in placeholder code so that there are cash-shops. The values/items sold get determined a little closer to launch. That is the publisher, more than the Devs, who determine that.

Or, as happened in my office yesterday, in fact, you have executive-types  tellng you what you can or cannot discuss during an interview - press relation. "Coy" is not the correct term when  you have a dude in a suit standing over you with a taser waiting for you to let something slip.