Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

your giving him the money after all he done to warhammer online?

i purchased warhammer online colelctor's edition day 1 and it sucked, How th ehell are you guys going to get duped into giving jacob more money to scam you with this game? havent you learned your lesson from warhammer online?

I would be shocked if he can get a successful kickstarter after warhammer online. Seriously did you want to let him scam the gamers even more?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It wasn't like the entire game was his. Other people had says in what happened. Also that is your opinion, I happened to really like the game.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I been thinking the same thing.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I absolutely loved WAR.

It had it's issues but that didn't keep me from playing.

Every patch was a step towards better, but unfortunately the population that left never came back.

I'm pretty much fed up with hybrid MMORPGs.

Either go with PVP or PVE. Not both, derps.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    It wasn't like the entire game was his. Other people had says in what happened. Also that is your opinion, I happened to really like the game.

yes you and your 500 other subscribers to warhammer online.

There is no way in hell he will raise the kickstarter after what happened to warhammer online, no way.

i got duped into buying warhammer online collctors edition day 1 release and i want my money back.

• ScillyScilly Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by archeageking

i purchased warhammer online colelctor's edition day 1 and it sucked, How th ehell are you guys going to get duped into giving jacob more money to scam you with this game? havent you learned your lesson from warhammer online?

I would be shocked if he can get a successful kickstarter after warhammer online. Seriously did you want to let him scam the gamers even more?

considering mythic had already been bought by EA your foolish to think he had the only say in how things turned out.

Now Mj is a indie dev, hes acting like it to, ensuring the customers opinions are heard. IF he gets our money hes putting in 3mill himself ( with his investors)  so hes got more to lose than us.

You really should go and research a project before trying to discuss a projoect you clearly dont understand.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Nobody is forcing you to support the kickstarter. If other people want to invest money they can afford to spend in CU because they think Mark gets what mistakes were made in WAR and that CU will be much closer to DAOC, why do you care?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

"You have no frame of reference here, Donny.  You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie..."

This has already been discussed to death.  Try reading some threads before you jump the gun.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/377254/Isnt-this-guy-the-same-guy-that-hyped-up-Warhammer-Online.html

i heard someone mention jacob is asking for 2 million from kickstarter in march, what im saying is dont trust mark jacob and his marketing hype.

Also i cant believe mark jacob has the balls to come into mmorpg industry and asking for 2 million kickstarter from mmorpg players after fiasco that is warhammer online. Im wary thats all there is to it.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

i heard someone mention jacob is asking for 2 million from kickstarter in march, what im saying is dont trust mark jacob and his marketing hype.

Also i cant believe mark jacob has the balls to come into mmorpg industry and asking for 2 million kickstarter from mmorpg players after fiasco that is warhammer online. Im wary thats all there is to it.

Ironic, the people who are excited and can't wait to hear more from him literally DWARF the nay sayers who think that some how one man is responcible for an entire company's game development process when he was just a cog in that machine.  And considering that Machine was EA... 

Yeah...

I'd say he has a whole lot more freedom to do what he wants to with this game.  

Guess you could still be pessimistic though.

• JefffeyJefffey Member UncommonPosts: 16

Nobody cares you're wary when you obviously don't understand. The man already ponied up to all his past mistakes if you bothered reading anything on the game, which you obviously hasn't. He didn't have control over Warhammer online. The game was ran by EA whom wanted to make money. If you can't see what's different this time around then there's nothing we can do to help you. If you don't want to donate money then don't, but don't start discussion when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Originally posted by Jefffey

Nobody cares you're wary when you obviously don't understand. The man already ponied up to all his past mistakes if you bothered reading anything on the game, which you obviously hasn't. He didn't have control over Warhammer online. The game was ran by EA whom wanted to make money. If you can't see what's different this time around then there's nothing we can do to help you. If you don't want to donate money then don't, but don't start discussion when you have no idea what you're talking about.

thats fine  by you, i think the hype on this game is unwarranted in my opinion only because i feel i got burned by mythic over warhammer online collector's edition i fell into their marketing hype.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Warhammer Online manipulated by EA, Camelot Unchained has nothing to do with EA. Yeah I'm supporting CSE.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I hated Warhammer, but then again, sort of my fault since I was expecting DAOC2, which it clearly wasn't. While I won't be supporting this title (nothing personal, I just don't believe in it) in reading his recent posts here it's clear he learned some lessons of the years and has been very forthright with his vision so far. While this likely won't be a title I'll be playing, I do enjoy following it's design and growth.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JefffeyJefffey Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Jefffey

thats fine  by you, i think the hype on this game is unwarranted in my opinion only because i feel i got burned by mythic over warhammer online collector's edition i fell into their marketing hype.

Again, this isn't Mythic, Warhammer, or EA. You thoroughly don't understand.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

A game isn't made by one person ( not a mmo anyway). 

You can't lay the blame on one guy. 

Honestly as far as i'm concerned he's helped make one of the greatest pvp games of all time and one of the most disappointing... 

Let's wait and see if this one is good aye?

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

OP has apparently never worked for anyone else in his entire life.

If Joe Shmoe has a company, and that company is owned by a multi-billion dollar corporation, who do you think ultimately makes the final decisions about any project? It wouldn't be Joe, that's for sure.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

OMG !!!

You are so right !

I remember back in the day how Mark Jacobs was the sole developer who made WAR and he alone made all of those decisions, all by his lonesome. 

Lolipops !

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Panther2103

yes you and your 500 other subscribers to warhammer online.

There is no way in hell he will raise the kickstarter after what happened to warhammer online, no way.

i got duped into buying warhammer online collctors edition day 1 release and i want my money back.

You payed money under the assumption the game was going to be exactly how you wanted it. You willingly paid, there is no reason you should get your money back. 

I don't play warhammer right now, I did play it a couple months back and I still thought it was pretty fun and who cares if it only has 500 subs. It's still running at least.

His kickstarter will succeed, hes doing a very good job of marketing the game, there are a lot of people wanting to play this game, and who knows maybe it will be another let down like warhammer was for you. But in the end you can just hope it isn't, if you aren't willing to put money towards it then you don't lose anything right? So why complain.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Warhammer Online manipulated by EA, Camelot Unchained has nothing to do with EA. Yeah I'm supporting CSE.

EA was to blame for the blatant class balance issues?

Sure, sure.

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    Four words " Dark age of Camelot" Greatest mmorpg ever

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Why didn't you play the open beta?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    says the words niche, sandbox, and 3 faction pvp enough and ppl on this site would forgive you for fucking their wife/girlfriend.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

WAR had so much potential. The only reason why I quit was because of population issues but I had so much fun with the rvr and the battlegrounds when there was a population. I just really hope that they learned the lesson that you need to balance the attacking and defending rewards so it doesn’t turn from pvp to attacking empty keeps, because that is when it started going downhill and got boring.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by rimaxo14
    Four words " Dark age of Camelot" Greatest mmorpg ever

Shhh...don't keep trying to tie these two titles together, this new one will be quite different from the former and people who are expecting DAOC 2 will likely come away very disappointed.

Judge this new title for the vision Mark's bringing, read what he posts carefully, you'll see he's not trying to make a sequel, but a whole new idea.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

honestly man it doesnt matter who makes the game or what company makes the game people should NEVER pre order MMOs anymore. all that does is give them a big chunk of money made before the game is even done. and its been proven to many times that its not worth it.