Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CinC event- massive 118 plane dogfight- video

i missed out on the fun, it was one of my granddaughters birthday last night, but here is a video made from an allied player of the 118 aircraft dogfight over Tilburg.

58 german 109's against 60 allied fighters

jump to 9:10 to avoid the takeoff/climbout

http://youtu.be/GSl5yhljna8

Comments

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    Nice, heh. I miss flying :/

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

That was mildly boring.   It reminds me how incomplete the flight model really is.  

And why I quit flying in WWIIOL and went back to tanks.    It looked like an ok event, 118 players showed up so thats good for the current state of the game.   But I think Aces High gets more than that in its events. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

How many where in Aces High where fighting on the ground too?

I think a new player to this game would really appreciate the event and vid because it shows what WWIIOL is truely capable of.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Stug

How many where in Aces High where fighting on the ground too?

I think a new player to this game would really appreciate the event and vid because it shows what WWIIOL is truely capable of.

To be honest, not sure.  

But I can remember one event oh so many years ago, where there were over 250 players in one event divided into Wings, Flights, and Squadrons.   The US Airforce Acadamy had cadets that were supposedly doing an exercise out of it.   Organizing the flight ops, the coordination, and the timing for the Luftwaffa defence.   The whole event took 3 days to play out, each day was roughly 4 hours.   And the event was of the Mighty Eighth Airforce daytime bombing raids into Germany in 1944.   So it was a blast.   We actually had 1944 equipment that was accurate to the time.   Cant say I have run into that yet in WWIIOL.  

No I stand corrected, there was a time when WWIIOL was timeline correct, that was back when it launched and everyone had May '40 equipment or older.  

So much crap, so little quality.

So you mean none at all below the furball in aces high?

It's great that this air event was the tip of the iceberg. Hope they organize more.
  • anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Stug
    So you mean none at all below the furball in aces high?

It's great that this air event was the tip of the iceberg. Hope they organize more.

So how many were on the ground in WWIIOL during this event?

I agree Anfiach a ground event next time would be great, too, to make sure all aspects of how wwiiol excels are shown.
    Just watched the vid again - purty awesome!
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    That looked pretty cool.  That spitfire likely should have ripped apart a few times but good fun :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!