Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HI guys questions about NW

hovnarrenhovnarren Member UncommonPosts: 15

As all of you i am a long time fan of Neverwinter, i played the previous games alott. I want to support this game if its good, but i relly want to know some stuff before i invest 200$.

1. WHat does the racial faeriy fire do, and is it better then other racials(in your opinoin).

2. Is the Armored Spider Mount and Panther companion unique, or can you get them from the ingame store after release. Also what does mounts do beside grant speed? IS the spider mount and Panther better then normal mounts/pets.

3. how muxh is 750k astral dimonds worth if you get it from the store, since thats the amount you get with the hero package.

4. Finally and most importantly will there be crafting, this is a dealbreaker for me...

Thanks for your help in awnsering these questions in advance :) and if anyone got a spare beta key please mail me at     [email protected]

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by hovnarren

As all of you i am a long time fan of Neverwinter, i played the previous games alott. I want to support this game if its good, but i relly want to know some stuff before i invest 200$.

1. WHat does the racial faeriy fire do, and is it better then other racials(in your opinoin).

2. Is the Armored Spider Mount and Panther companion unique, or can you get them from the ingame store after release. Also what does mounts do beside grant speed? IS the spider mount and Panther better then normal mounts/pets.

3. how muxh is 750k astral dimonds worth if you get it from the store, since thats the amount you get with the hero package.

4. Finally and most importantly will there be crafting, this is a dealbreaker for me...

Thanks for your help in awnsering these questions in advance :) and if anyone got a spare beta key please mail me at     [email protected]

1: Not sure about the effects of armor reduction with the use of faery fire but if it's anything like STO's debuff's I'm sure it will be a noticable different in damage 

2: From what I've seen the spider mount and panther companion are exclusive to that package. They won't be available in game according to their website.

3: I'd love to know this for sure as well but alas they haven't released the info on their website containing the store info yet, apparently they have some things to work out before releasing that.

4: I think that was one of Totalbiscuits questions to the dev Zeke in his interview and they mentioned there will be crafting although the details of which won't be released prolly until the next beta event at the earliest most likely.

• SilvergryphSilvergryph Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by hovnarren

1. Faerie Fire is similar to Darkfire that all Drow get. (Yes, anyone can make a Drow but the Hero of the North pack gives an exclusive bacground option that swaps Darkfire for Faerie Fire.) Darkfire gives a debuff to attack/damage for the enemy and Faerie Fire gives a buff to attack/damage for the PC. Not inherently better than other racials.

2. Armored Spider Mount and Panther Companion are unique. However, there will probably be other spider mounts for sale. Maybe different colors and/or without armor. Same thing for Panthers.

3. The exchange is a player driven market. But, it is limited to between 25-500 AD per ZEN. So it is possible if you hit the market early enough to make 750,000/25 = 30,000 ZEN. That's $300 worth. But once the market starts to move that will reduce quickly.

4. There will be crafting. No details have been given, but their is a tab to check on the status of items being crafted and in beta I found lots of different crafting materials. I also started with a separate inventory bag for crafting mats. This may not be given free for everyone outside of beta though. 

• hovnarrenhovnarren Member UncommonPosts: 15
    ok guys thanks for help, looks like i am getting atleast the normal founders package
  • HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163

It's also important to note that the monetization model was announced. They are doing exactly what GW2 did in terms of being able to get currency without actually paying for it.

Everything in the store will be attainable through playing the game, it will just take longer to save up the currency rather than just paying for it.

Originally posted by HikaruShidou

It's also important to note that the monetization model was announced. They are doing exactly what GW2 did in terms of being able to get currency without actually paying for it.

Everything in the store will be attainable through playing the game, it will just take longer to save up the currency rather than just paying for it.

Where is this announcement located?

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by HikaruShidou

Where is this announcement located?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/feature/7129/Neverwinter-Get-Everything-You-Want-By-Playing.html

Just what' the hell's an Astral Diamond?

A type of currency used in-game to purchase gear and to bid in the auction house, Astral Diamonds 'are what we've dubbed a "time currency" (similar to Dilithium in Star Trek Online or Questionite in Champions Online). Typically, a player can earn Astral Diamonds by doing certain types of quests and missions. And, usually, this content is time limited so a player can only repeat this type of gameplay so often. In our Starter Packs, we provide players a treasure chestfull of Astral Diamonds so their own epic tales can begin at a sprint.

But... Wait!?! Isn''t that pay-to-win! I need to buy one of these "Starter Packs" to get the gear I want?

No, no. Not at all -- that's the beauty of this system.

In-game, a player can earn Astral Diamonds from completing content (usually somewhat harder than normal quests, but not necessarily "1337"). No one 'needs to purchase Astral Diamonds... Ever. Play as as you' like and get everything desirable that way.

And please note that last sentence -- you can get everything you want by playing. Everything. This includes mounts, costumes, etc. Why? How? Because you can put your Astral Diamonds up on an auction house and sell them for micro-transactable points. Then you can purchase anything you'd like in our micro-transaction store. Committed players never need spend a dime inNeverwinter. Anyone can bankroll a hero just by playing.

By the way, this is something I absolutely love about the free-to-play model. It means that it's on us (and all developers who dabble in free gaming) to make great games that people want to play day in and day out. I'm not trying to figure out how to get subscriptions for the next month or two or three... I don't care. I'm focused instead on making a quality game that people enjoy. That is my fixation. Believe me, I was a subscription die-hard who had choice words for F2P, but the methodology behind quality free gaming design totally converted me. I see what it's done toStar Trek Online and, believe it or not, 'that game is much bigger than City of Heroes ever was at its peak! And that's due entirely to how we approach free-to-play gaming -- how we commit to providing an option for players who don't want to pay, period.

OK, well, what about a subscription option? Is there one in NW? There was in STO.

Nope.

Oh yea that system works very well on STO. It's nothing like GW2 actually because the currency you get is much easier to farm, they really do pretty much throw it at you daily nothing like the horrible gold aquisition that GW2 has. I play STO right now and I love this system because I can easily with a couple of days build up enough Zen point to get something minor like officers shuttles or spend a couple of weeks and get enough for a whole ship. 

The other thing I like is due to PW taking over cryptics games you can play 1 game and deposite the Zen points (the universal store points) into an online account and withdraw them in the game you wish to use them, which means if it's easier for you to get Dilithium in STO because you're gear is so much better, then you can basically put together Zen for things you like in City of Heroes/neverwinter. It makes for a better system. LOTRO had something similar in that you could earn store currency while playing the game and completing quests and achievements. I earned quite a number of things in LOTRO for free that way. Same for STO.

Also if you're already a STO lifetime member you get to use your free Zen points in any other of their games think it's a thank you for paying for lifetime on their other ones. 

The other difference from GW2's system is the availability of items. Because Items are easier to get in PW games it makes for a much better player driven economy so if you wanted a maxed out weapon in STO for example and you didn't have enough dilithium you could just use your energy credits in the exchange which is how I believe Neverwinter will be treating Gold in their game. GW2 is all Gold or nothing, and if you can't buy the item because they have a messed up economy and because you can no longer farm due to DR restrictions, permaDR, or their stealth loot nerfs to your gameplay style then you're just SOL and can't do anything about it whereas in STO etc you'd be able to earn the currency quickly or use a secondary one for the exchange to get what you need. The two currency system works very well.