Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay?

monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Are there any in game gameplay videos out there! It's surprising but I haven't heard anything about the actual game functions.

Comments

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Game still is under NDA and Trion's marketing seems to be ... low key.
  • sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    There are a few videos on youtube released by trion but thats it. As the game is in NDA I will say that I am enjoying it but I will not tell you the fine details of my opinion. 
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Amegashie
    Game still is under NDA and Trion's marketing seems to be ... low key.

Huh?  This game has marketing all over the place compared to most MMOs.

They also have a weekly game session on Fridays where they show off games and answer questions.  I think they have more gameplay available for Defiance than any game under NDA I've ever heard of.  

www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Check their archived videos(under the videos tab), the titles will say what games they played and in which order... they usually play Defiance at the very end of their sessions. You can see tons of (probably 10+ hours) gameplay there, both PvP and PvE.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    If mmorpgs and progression is your main thing, then this game is not for you. If you're into console shooters, you might be able to stand it, maybe even enjoy, but who knows.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by evemaster00
    If mmorpgs and progression is your main thing, then this game is not for you. If you're into console shooters, you might be able to stand it, maybe even enjoy, but who knows.

I was feeling the same way, so I figured I'd just go play a console shooter instead.  Defiance is a noble attempt at bringing a borderlands vibe into an MMORPG.  Some of the "omg it's new so it = awesome" will continue to rave, but I'm in wait and see mode at this point.  Besides that it's connected to a tv show, I still need more of a reason to play it.  I like Trion, so I want to like the game.  I'm just looking for something to hook me it, I guess.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

I like MMORPGs and progression and I enjoyed the game.  I don't think we've played enough of it to make these sort of broad sweeping statements.  The first couple hours had every bit of progression as any other MMO does.  

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Beginners Guide;

http://youtu.be/LTtup_5yk-Y

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Draemos

I like MMORPGs and progression and I enjoyed the game.  I don't think we've played enough of it to make these sort of broad sweeping statements.  The first couple hours had every bit of progression as any other MMO does.  

Speak for yourself. Some of us who are in alpha but can't reveal too much because it will just be deleted.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It's under NDA still, so all I can say is I had fun this weekend :)
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Draemos

Speak for yourself

Duh isn't that what we all are doing?

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

In any of the gameplay videos, I dont see any form of grouping or cooperation with any players. If I did see another player they were just there doing the same thing.

Seems like a lot of solo questing boredome.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by WellzyC

In any of the gameplay videos, I dont see any form of grouping or cooperation with any players. If I did see another player they were just there doing the same thing.

Seems like a lot of solo questing boredome.

I wonder if those videos are a product of cross platform interface issues. It seems PC players are always getting the short hand of the stick with that. I guess we will just have to wait and see what's in store

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Once the NDA is gone this forum will light up with bad reviews like a christmas tree in hell.

Yeah it ll be true ,can't wait this day when haters starting talk ,coz one more game can't replace their  poor real life.

Cmon peoples , it is only mmo shooter ,for what you ask more ?.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

"Over 50 ppl participating in an arkfall"

So basicly the only social interaction is a public quest...

Do I have to Form my own groups?

Do i need to communicate and coordinate with players in any content?

Does the game offer more rewards if you are in a group, or taking on group content?

Is solo play secondary to group oriented content?

If the answer is "no" to any of these questions, I am NOT AT ALL interested.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

This discussion has been closed.