Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: New Dev Blogs Discusses RvR Based Leveling

2»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I'm just glad as a PVPer at heart i don't have to play through another's playstyle to reach my own.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206

Mark = listen me i have idea give me money

Players = we want this and this in game

Mark = bullshit i have bright idea everything must be odlschool

Players = its posible to change class? its posible to reset skills everytime i want? are classes balacned?

Mark = no and shutup its my idea give me money

Players = can low lvl fight high lvl if there is lvl system like in odschool? or ppl are in tiers

Mark = no i dont like tiers aftter i screwed WAR.. so no tiers and newbies gona die becose lvl difference

.... :(

I dont know.. first day after anonnce i was soo happy.. but when Mark talks longer and longer i starting hate this man and remember why WAR failed...

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322
    Originally posted by kosac

Mark = listen me i have idea give me money

Players = we want this and this in game

Mark = bullshit i have bright idea everything must be odlschool

Players = its posible to change class? its posible to reset skills everytime i want? are classes balacned?

Mark = no and shutup its my idea give me money

Players = can low lvl fight high lvl if there is lvl system like in odschool? or ppl are in tiers

Mark = no i dont like tiers aftter i screwed WAR.. so no tiers and newbies gona die becose lvl difference

.... :(

I dont know.. first day after anonnce i was soo happy.. but when Mark talks longer and longer i starting hate this man and remember why WAR failed...

I see, so everyone should hate others who don't hold the same ideas? Hey! Kinda like Nazi germany

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Thedrizzle
    Im oretty sure he said earlier that its a niche game and they aren't looking for 1 million subs. People play FPSs, the game mount and blade was a huge hit, why wouldn't people want a game based around PvP. Sh*t, i have to sit through boring PvE games to level just cause I want to PvP at end game. Im sure there are many others like me.

So your telling me your gonna do nothing but RVR for months on end and not get bored?

When there is no other system in place except RVR you really think this game is gonna hold people's attention longer then a month?

People switch games at the drop of a hat for any and every reason, nothing personal but we have the attention spans of gnats....

I really can't see this game holding anyone's attention for long with nothing else to do but RVR...

Oh wait you can go play with your house I guess for about a week till that gets boring too....

• LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

Am i going to do nothing but rvr for months and not get bored? : Yes

When i hit my first Dark Age 50 thats all i wanted to , all i did. Loved it. I guess im a minority.

• moroelmoroel Member UncommonPosts: 12
    There are ppl doing only rvr in daoc and war for years,me including.And about pve part-just look what happens in teso forums-endless desputes about faction locks,free exploring,wow clon?s and more..
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    My issue with these articles is that they seem to be messing with the formula of what made the original DAoC such a success.  It will be very difficult to simply pull what they believe to be the best things from the original and put them in this game.  The more they tweak, the higher the chance they miss their mark.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Hopefully whatever graphics engine they use will hold up through the years... Graphically speaking, I feel that we are on the verge of a new era in graphics judging by the coming soon next gen consoles... There are bound to be new versions of the Unreal engine as well as the Source engine to make games right look "dated"..

If their release cycle falls into that era yet uses an engine from this generation, no doubt people are going to cry about it.. No graphics aren't everything to me (Still playing and enjoying Vanguard), but there are some people who feel like every game should be direct X 11 with every graphical evolution present or they will turn their noses up..

As for the game, for right now it appeals.. Who knows what the industry will look like in the future, so one could only hope that it would stay populated enough for the game to be fun.. Because we all know that PvP centric games have way higher population requirements to be enjoyed or people will simply start leaving..

• LaecLaec Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Hopefully whatever graphics engine they use will hold up through the years... Graphically speaking, I feel that we are on the verge of a new era in graphics judging by the coming soon next gen consoles... There are bound to be new versions of the Unreal engine as well as the Source engine to make games right look "dated"..

If their release cycle falls into that era yet uses an engine from this generation, no doubt people are going to cry about it.. No graphics aren't everything to me (Still playing and enjoying Vanguard), but there are some people who feel like every game should be direct X 11 with every graphical evolution present or they will turn their noses up..

As for the game, for right now it appeals.. Who knows what the industry will look like in the future, so one could only hope that it would stay populated enough for the game to be fun.. Because we all know that PvP centric games have way higher population requirements to be enjoyed or people will simply start leaving..

Honestly I do not care one bit about graphics. if the game had the top down view that D3 has and the gameplay is good im happy. looks are not important if the gameplay is there! besides that even on a capable machine i turn down all graphical features and settings in order to always have optimal gameplay in any situation.

• MazudhtMazudht Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I and many others that spent a few years playing DAoC loved it until other games showed up and reduced the population. Without any PvE I would give it a try. I didn't mind the grind and in the early days, getting 20+ together to complete that epic at the end of the journey was like a graduation to go on to bigger and better things, RvR.

When will they go to kickstarr? Went to kickstart.com and didn't see it.