Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you feel rewarded for your playtime in PVE?

2»

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I would be more interested in more different drops from mobs out in the world, rare weapon and armour skins. or rare recipes and a like.

Kinda miss that feeling that you use to have when you played EQ and EQ2 and you looted some mobs, you never knew what you would find.

I don't have that feeling in GW2 at all, I know what loot I'm expected to get.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I would be more interested in more different drops from mobs out in the world, rare weapon and armour skins. or rare recipes and a like.

Kinda miss that feeling that you use to have when you played EQ and EQ2 and you looted some mobs, you never knew what you would find.

I don't have that feeling in GW2 at all, I know what loot I'm expected to get.

The best loot system I've seen for that is Asheron's Call. All items had random stats, there was no fixed stat items "of the Berzerker" or "of the Mage" or whatever. This could result in totally weird and useless items, but also utterly amazing and rare stat combos which would sell for millions to other players.

That sounds really cool.

btw Like your text under your avatar, one of my favorite TNG episode.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Nope not at all. Screw diminishing returns, they only exist to get you to buy gems from the store. It doesn't help that the only thing really worthwhile for gems besides gold conversion is bank/inv space, the rest of the gem store is crap no one needs.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by protoroc
    Nope not at all. Screw diminishing returns, they only exist to get you to buy gems from the store. It doesn't help that the only thing really worthwhile for gems besides gold conversion is bank/inv space, the rest of the gem store is crap no one needs.

odd i have never felt I "needed" to buy gems to convert to gold ever.. there are plenty of ways to make decent amounts of gold

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.

well with the new patch coming dailies will be selectable from a list so you can set the ones you normally would complete on an average playthrough anyway and just play like you normally would

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Thorkune The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.
    uh daily what?

As i am a WxWxW player i find myself doing the new daily's without noticing that, and monthly's are even easier, and some days i don't log and im not missing the idea to log to do daily's as i was in wow 3 years ago