Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

would you buy GW2 now, after you have played it?

1234568»

Comments

• PanthienPanthien ZaandamPosts: 559Member

I do not regret buying the game, but I doubt I would have bought the game knowing what I know now, even though.. deep down.. I already knew.. To me over all the game felt like plastic with a pretty wrapper around it.

I do think its a decent game, the game definately has alot of strong points, but I gues the game just isnt my thing, maybe when the game matures a bit I may return to it, thought right now I cant see myself return to it but you never know.

I do think overall the game was good for the genre, not because of the bussiness model , but more because it moved slightly away from the overly done chewed out model, variation is good, even more so when a less-then-regular game design actually being successfull, which could inspire other developers and investers to move forward instead of staying in the stalemate designs we have today. We do need more flavor in the mmo market and we need more flavors being successfull.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 LondonPosts: 77Member
    I bought the game had a decent amount of fun for 3 weeks but stop playing while I moved to Europe started playing again a month later but DEs were now me and sometimes 2 other people while leveling. I found the repetitive structure of the DEs boring without playing with groups of people. Thus in hindsight I wouldn't have picked this game up. But I think the game has some potential so maybe an expansion or so in I'll change my mind.
  • dageezadageeza london, KYPosts: 578Member

I have logged over 1600 hours and have 5 level 80 toons and still play gw2 every chance i get..

Playing GW2..

• XepherdXepherd ParisPosts: 103Member
    Originally posted by dageeza

I have logged over 1600 hours and have 5 level 80 toons and still play gw2 every chance i get..

Wow, you've been playing 10 hours per day since release? Damn, I wish I had your life :)

• ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    I only bought it after I played Beta because my friends did. Already knew the game was very lacking as a actual MMO.
  • apocolusterapocoluster newport news, VAPosts: 1,321Member Uncommon
      I only put about 20 hours into the game..my top toon is level 30ish...I still dont regret the money spent..though $3/hour for distraction is a little high..ok I do regret a little bit :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILPosts: 1,706Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Only IMHO, this game last like 3 months, then became "old" or "boring" so not exciting or fun for many of us. 

If a game is fun for three months and then gets boring, that's pretty good, don't you think?  A lot of games won't make it to three hours before they get boring.

Agree.  3 months of play is well worth the price in my opinion.  Normal entertainment for that period of time is normally much more expensive.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO SomewherePosts: 1,326Member
    Best game I ever bought. I'm sure I'll stil be playing it well past the 1000 hour mark. I've never bought a game before that could keep me entertained for so long. Most bang for the buck ever so far.

imageimage
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Fayetteville, NCPosts: 125Member
    yeah i would...it brought me for a while...if i didnt play it my mind would have wondered what would have become. as long as no expansions come out i will still log from time to time...so it does still have time to win me over for the long haul
  • JackdogJackdog Charleston, SCPosts: 6,344Member
    yep, it makes all the other MMO's look like last weeks news. I could never go back to a connect the dots MMO again

I miss DAoC

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch NexusPosts: 831Member
    Nope. For some reason the game didn't really sink on me and it's one of the mmorpgs that I've actually had to force myself to play a bit. Like trying to go further and see what all the hype was all about. But GW2 isn't the only one on that list so nothing new in that. I guess it's just me being picky.

image image image

• ArglebargleArglebargle Austin, TXPosts: 1,414Member Uncommon
    I voted 'Other' because I no longer give any money to NCSoft.   Despite enjoying GW2, and viewing their developers as quite talented, I wouldn't buy it again for that reason.   Being able to drop in and out at any point and continue playing is great.  Love the fact that it is not a cookie cutter medieval fantasy pastiche.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MnemnosyneMnemnosyne Bellflower, CAPosts: 6Member Common

I haven't played it in a while myself, but sometimes I pick it up again and it's fun.  It's definitely been worth the purchase price; in the first month I got my money's worth out of it for certain, and since I haven't had to pay any more since then, it's been well worth the purchase price and then some - especially since I periodically return and enjoy myself.

• RedmantleRedmantle brainerd, MNPosts: 25Member
    The game is great for its value. 60$ and you play it for more than a week and it allready paid for itself over most console games. There is tons to do, and see. So I honestly cannot see how anyone could think this game is not worth the try, Heck you don't even have a monthly sub or anything. Granted they do need some more stuff to do at end game, but that will come over time. Even WOrld of warcraft took a bit to start pushing out content. If anyone is bored of the game, set it aside, you can always come back later and check it out.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

better then console game for same price...

I hope it a good reference for an MMO.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

1234568»