Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Are you gonna fund it?

124»

Comments

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade FlensburgPosts: 156Member
    Originally posted by Ilaya

No Df and no PvE, no thx then.

No one did mention anything about not including some form for Darkness Falls in Camelot Unchained. If anything, Mark did on several occasions post his fondness of DF. You are making a mistake to simply dismiss the chance of something like Darkness Falls, just because the traditional PvE will be abscent.

No PvE is NOT the same as No NPCs at all. We will have guards, animals, merchants...and you will have to fight for ressources and other objectives. By no means is it impossible to develop a Darkness Falls dungeon with RvR-objectives instead of PvE mobs to slay.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

As a baseline for my funding if we received no rewards I'd throw $10 to it. If I have to pay $60 for beta 1 and then do not have to buy it at launch, I'm in again.

• SmorakSmorak Saint Petersburg, FLPosts: 62Member
    Originally posted by Storm_Fireblade
    Originally posted by Ilaya

No Df and no PvE, no thx then.

No one did mention anything about not including some form for Darkness Falls in Camelot Unchained. If anything, Mark did on several occasions post his fondness of DF. You are making a mistake to simply dismiss the chance of something like Darkness Falls, just because the traditional PvE will be abscent.

No PvE is NOT the same as No NPCs at all. We will have guards, animals, merchants...and you will have to fight for ressources and other objectives. By no means is it impossible to develop a Darkness Falls dungeon with RvR-objectives instead of PvE mobs to slay.

So instead of an elaborate multi-tiered dungeon with massive bosses of ranging difficulties, truck loads of gold, and all the salvage you can carry, you would turn DF into Labby?  An arena that draws PVP away from RVR because its easier to get fights.  A place that could have 100s of people in it running loops while the Frontiers were stone dead.  Or PoC?  A poorly engineered underground highway that connects the realms.  Its only purpose is for PL groups and running relics (sometimes).

I love your game.  It sounds awesome.  However, at this time, I'm finding it hard to reach into my pocket for such innovation!

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,085Member Uncommon
    Nope, dont have the spare change to throw on a game that may or may not be good, despite what the Devs claim how good they are they always lack one thing for me and thats immersion.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Madison heights, MIPosts: 1,238Member
    Nope. Don't care for PvP. Plus I've already backed a couple of projects (Wasteland 2 and War for the Overworld) and have two major releases to purchase (Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider). So I'm all set for games.
  • CrimsonSixCrimsonSix Posts: 33Member Uncommon

All this talk about old school comminity, goal-oriented pvp, and 3 faction warfare does make me curious, so I'll probably throw some spare change their way.

• curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    Im not gonna fund anything as i dont believe anyone will make my dream game.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member
    Originally posted by Arcona

When it launches on kickstarter im finally out of economy hell, so yeeeees, and then some :)

I have funded Elite Dangerous and War For The Overworld in the past

backers get the option to get beta access and the full game at a cheaper price than at release, so why not...

Woopeee fkn dooo

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,469Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs
    Originally posted by dotdotdash
    Originally posted by MarkJacobs

As to Mythic Time, oh, what a nightmare that was. I felt so sorry for the programmer and for players as well. The poor guy was just trying to make the system work and he got hit from all directions at once including a very upset GM who was shouting "Mythic seconds WTF is Mythic seconds?" :)

Yes, it was a nightmare.

Certainly the programmer involved has to take responsibility for having the idea and implementing it, but I notice that you don't actually speak about how YOU felt about that particular solution, or your involvement in its implementation. I mean... you were in charge: you must have known about it before it was implement, and you must have decided that it was a "good" solution (even if temporary) to the problem? I can't say that I know the first thing about leading a large team in developing and designing an MMO; there's every chance that you were detached from the particulars of "mythic seconds" at the time, and only later made aware of the problem it created.

Everything you seem to be saying right now is in the right direction for the niche you're aiming to fill with Camelot Unchained. That said, you can say the same about everything that was said pre-Warhammer Online, and you can say the same about everything that was said by Bioware pre-SWTOR's launch. You can say it about pretty much any major studio working on a major game; part and parcel of marketing the title is saying the right things, even where those things don't end up being "specifically" true.

As I said, I'll certainly keep an eye on things and may even show some active support. I can't say that I'll be a backer; I simply don't have the money (which will shock some people, I'm sure). If I did, I would probably back more out of curiosity for the future  of your developer-player dialogue (it's an interesting "experiment", and I look forward to seeing what comes of it even if I don't get to take part in it). So you'll just have to take my love and kisses, I'm afraid. It's all I have to offer.

LOL, do you know how many people were working on WAR at the time? I can't give out the exact number but it was more than 300. If I knew what every person was doing every day in a micro-managing sort of way, I wouldn't have gotten anything done for my work, EA's work and other studio work. Nope, I had no clue that was how it worked until I saw the stuff explode on the forums. When it was explained to me, it made sense technically but I don't think you'll find a studio GM who could tell you what any one programmer was writing as a comment to his code, that's why you have leads, managers, development directors, producers, COO and then me. :)

As to what I'm saying now versus then, well, not exactly. The difference with Warhammer was that part of my job was to help build buzz for the game to compensate for an anysmally low marketing budget when compared to games like WoW, CoD, etc. As you might remember, WAR got no TV commercials, no big marketing events, etc. even though we broke EA's sales record for preorders for a PC product. The reasons are complicated and JR talked about them publicly (too many products coming out at the same time) so I've moved on from that but it meant that guys like PB, JH and I had to do lots of PR stuff. PB/JH ended up doing more than me but we all had to help sell our game. If you go back and look at some of the things I said about WAR and compared them to what I'm saying today, I would hope you would see the difference. I'm not using a lot of adjectives, I'm not saying that CU will be the best RvR game ever, etc. I'm simply laying out what we want to do with the game and leaving it up to the players if they like the concept. I'm telling them flat out that this will be a niche game, that we are aiming for a smaller sub count and that the game won't have PvE in it. I hope you see the differences betwen the two approaches, especially as I keep reminding people that the Kickstarter could absolutely face-plant and that this game isn't Dark Age of Camelot 2. If I was trying to hype the game the way I had to hype it for WAR (telling the truth as I knew it), I would have taken a different approach entirely.

As to not being able to back us, that's fine, no worries at all. I don't expect everyone who has the money to back us will as I expect that they will be people who do can't afford to back the project too, that's how things go. I do appreciate the feedback and support, even if it is simply on the forums. Again, my thanks.

So you get a free pass right?  It's all on other people and not on you.

124»