Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Do you feel rewarded for your playtime in PVE?

2»

Comments

  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

    I'm curious what everyones perspective is on the PVE aspect of the game an rewards. For me now espeically with the new laurel system I feel more rewarded for my playtime than ever before.. Also now that the level scaling has been adjusted more I get decent loot for salvaging even in 1-15 zones. I'm not the type to do dungeon runs over and over but so far have had no issues getting exotic gear just doing my normal playstyle and playing how I want to play. The new dailies are nice as i get a good chunk of karma plus a laurel and at the end of this month we will get selectable dailies to make it even easier to finish how we want.. It also sounds like the guild quests being added will have its own sets of rewards added as well.

    On a side note i honestly have only spent $30 on this game since i purchased the box because the CS really has nothing i want/need aside from more bank/bag space.. guess that's a good and bad thing

    I want my reward to be fun. And currently low level level grind isn't fun. I rather it be removed or option to skip levels in PvE. Like a SoR that WoW did. Leveling isn't a fun reward.

    what low level grind? this is one of the only MMOs out with a horizontal leveling curve.. even from 70-80 you never need to "grind"

    Developers confirmed that the pre release info on that was misleading. Horizontal leveling doesn't start till level 30. Before then its a uphil curve. 

    doesn't feel like it at all when playing.. going from 1-30 for me felt pretty much the same as 30-60.. and even so with how many things give you decent XP in this game really couldn't see how you could consider it a grind at all

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • CalerxesCalerxes LondonPosts: 1,630Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

    I'm curious what everyones perspective is on the PVE aspect of the game an rewards. For me now espeically with the new laurel system I feel more rewarded for my playtime than ever before.. Also now that the level scaling has been adjusted more I get decent loot for salvaging even in 1-15 zones. I'm not the type to do dungeon runs over and over but so far have had no issues getting exotic gear just doing my normal playstyle and playing how I want to play. The new dailies are nice as i get a good chunk of karma plus a laurel and at the end of this month we will get selectable dailies to make it even easier to finish how we want.. It also sounds like the guild quests being added will have its own sets of rewards added as well.

    On a side note i honestly have only spent $30 on this game since i purchased the box because the CS really has nothing i want/need aside from more bank/bag space.. guess that's a good and bad thing

    I want my reward to be fun. And currently low level level grind isn't fun. I rather it be removed or option to skip levels in PvE. Like a SoR that WoW did. Leveling isn't a fun reward.

    what low level grind? this is one of the only MMOs out with a horizontal leveling curve.. even from 70-80 you never need to "grind"

    Developers confirmed that the pre release info on that was misleading. Horizontal leveling doesn't start till level 30. Before then its a uphil curve. 

     

    How you can think that 20/30 hours to get to level 30 is a grind when you get xp from loads of sources is beyond me and those hours are at my levelling pace which is always slow (I get distracted ea.... Ooooo look shiny)

    This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

  • TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member

    I would be more interested in more different drops from mobs out in the world, rare weapon and armour skins. or rare recipes and a like.

    Kinda miss that feeling that you use to have when you played EQ and EQ2 and you looted some mobs, you never knew what you would find.

    I don't have that feeling in GW2 at all, I know what loot I'm expected to get.

    If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torgrim

    I would be more interested in more different drops from mobs out in the world, rare weapon and armour skins. or rare recipes and a like.

    Kinda miss that feeling that you use to have when you played EQ and EQ2 and you looted some mobs, you never knew what you would find.

    I don't have that feeling in GW2 at all, I know what loot I'm expected to get.

    The best loot system I've seen for that is Asheron's Call. All items had random stats, there was no fixed stat items "of the Berzerker" or "of the Mage" or whatever. This could result in totally weird and useless items, but also utterly amazing and rare stat combos which would sell for millions to other players.

    Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

    Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

    Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

    ----------------

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

  • TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Torgrim

    I would be more interested in more different drops from mobs out in the world, rare weapon and armour skins. or rare recipes and a like.

    Kinda miss that feeling that you use to have when you played EQ and EQ2 and you looted some mobs, you never knew what you would find.

    I don't have that feeling in GW2 at all, I know what loot I'm expected to get.

    The best loot system I've seen for that is Asheron's Call. All items had random stats, there was no fixed stat items "of the Berzerker" or "of the Mage" or whatever. This could result in totally weird and useless items, but also utterly amazing and rare stat combos which would sell for millions to other players.

     

    That sounds really cool.

     

    btw Like your text under your avatar, one of my favorite TNG episode.

     

    If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

  • protorocprotoroc Fort Myers, FLPosts: 1,042Member
    Nope not at all. Screw diminishing returns, they only exist to get you to buy gems from the store. It doesn't help that the only thing really worthwhile for gems besides gold conversion is bank/inv space, the rest of the gem store is crap no one needs.
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by protoroc
    Nope not at all. Screw diminishing returns, they only exist to get you to buy gems from the store. It doesn't help that the only thing really worthwhile for gems besides gold conversion is bank/inv space, the rest of the gem store is crap no one needs.

    odd i have never felt I "needed" to buy gems to convert to gold ever.. there are plenty of ways to make decent amounts of gold

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYPosts: 1,828Member Uncommon
    The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.

    well with the new patch coming dailies will be selectable from a list so you can set the ones you normally would complete on an average playthrough anyway and just play like you normally would

    I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by protoroc
    Nope not at all. Screw diminishing returns, they only exist to get you to buy gems from the store. It doesn't help that the only thing really worthwhile for gems besides gold conversion is bank/inv space, the rest of the gem store is crap no one needs.

     http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ image

    The only gem-to-gold conversion I've ever made was at the game's release. I converted gems to 1 gold so that my first character wasn't annoyed in buying basic supplies. But it was my choice and even that was definitely not required to play the game, it was just personal comfort.

     

    Originally posted by Torgrim
     

    btw Like your text under your avatar, one of my favorite TNG episode.

    One of my favorites too. I was actually wondering if someone would get it :-)

    Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

    Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

    Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

    ----------------

    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

  • pedrostrikpedrostrik lisboaPosts: 391Member


    Originally posted by Thorkune The rewards are nice, but I hate that GW2 resorted to a daily style grind like WoW.
    uh daily what?

    As i am a WxWxW player i find myself doing the new daily's without noticing that, and monthly's are even easier, and some days i don't log and im not missing the idea to log to do daily's as i was in wow 3 years ago

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.