Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

based on beta, release date?

vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68

Best that I can find for a release date is early 2013. That would seem to mean by April 30th at latest.  However for those of you that have been in beta, based on what you have seen, is that a likley date? Would you recommend they wait longer or is it good to go as is, and why?

Secondly, I know it is  f2p kinda model, however if it was not would you buy it at a box retail of 40ish and if it had a sub of 10/m woudl you sub based on what you have seen of play? Reason I ask this, is though this is a f2p type of game and the devs have mentioned that you can work your way to get everything you want in game, I really see no value in working for the game stuff if the game is not worth buying in the first place. Know what I mean? That all being said, I'll still probebly take a gander when it comes out, just interested to hear from those who have been in beta on the above questions.

thnx

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I assume it will depend on how the next two beta weekends go.. my guess is may/june

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Well, according to the official website the last beta weekend will be between March 22nd and 24th. And it will probably won't release immediately after that, so somewhere in April sounds plausible. Possibly May. But they might feel that the game is not finished come release time and add more beta weekends. Who knows?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    Well, according to the official website the last beta weekend will be between March 22nd and 24th. And it will probably won't release immediately after that, so somewhere in April sounds plausible. Possibly May. But they might feel that the game is not finished come release time and add more beta weekends. Who knows?

somwhen may, end may sounds plausible...i doubt much later since they said the game will launch with the 5 classes and ranger/warlock will follow later...if the game release will be in summer or even later they would have enough time to include the ranger at least, thats why i think it will release before summer...

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I've been told march at the very earliest if all goes well, april if there are bugs to get thru. It's pretty solid already, they just have some crash issues but from what i've seen from continuous gameplay videos they don't seem to have very many problems with the stability of the engine or ui in the game.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

If I were to bet I would say the 3rd beta will be followed by a couple days to reset everything than early access for Founders, followed by general release so April 2nd is my guess.

You have to remember that by the third beta it's more about drumming up press than fixing issues.  Even the first two open betas are little more than hype generators since they have everyone in the closed beta to give them any real feedback they want.  As soon as they start doing public events for the press where they can take video you know release is close because they feel the game is pretty much ready to go and am just polishing a few things here and there.

well lets hope

beginning-mid april launch

mid - end june ranger + warlock class

end of summer/early autumn pvp and crafting (in case its not in yet)

and hopefully somewhen down the road the option to play a evil sob

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

well lets hope

I think some form of PVP wil be in at luanch.  Don't forget about multiclassing.  They said in one of the press walkthough videos they want ot add it but didn't give a time frame.

Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

well lets hope

I think some form of PVP wil be in at luanch.  Don't forget about multiclassing.  They said in one of the press walkthough videos they want ot add it but didn't give a time frame.

i dont know about multiclassing in 4e, just heard its limited and simpler... i also think regarding what ive seen, multiclassing in neverwinter might be quite difficult to realise, but well see... i think - at least for me- other features, such as content, pvp and classes have priority for me

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

Based on my experience, I'd love to see the game soon, but it must be absolutely perfect, so I'd also say Late May perhaps.

To work thorugh bugs takes time, and there has been one or two.

There's a PVP system, dunno if it'll be at launch, but see no reason for it not to be.

• DalekThayDalekThay Member Posts: 52
    No idea. May / June perhaps? All I know is if it launches without bards, I won't be playing.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Keep in mind that they want to sell their early access packages, meaning that early access might last a month or even 2

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93

Since this last weekend was a stress test (that went relatively well), I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close to launching a stable server. If I had to guess, I'd say:

1 more weekend test

2 weeks of stable server CB

2 weeks of OB

launch. 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Just before summer school break.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by ranncore

Since this last weekend was a stress test (that went relatively well), I think it's safe to assume that they're pretty close to launching a stable server. If I had to guess, I'd say:

1 more weekend test

2 weeks of stable server CB

2 weeks of OB

launch. 

I see maybe one more weekend and then live. You are talking about a real professional operation... A game with length. You give CB's a month of gameplay, most will be done with it prior to release.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

I dont think there will be a weekend test again unless they are not going to do a short open beta.

I see one more test phase in April (even if its an open beta it should only be for a week) and then a May release.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Most likely May 2013. It's also mentioned on Nvidia webpage.