Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help finding a MMO toplay.Old school MMO vet.

punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78

Hey everyone i am kinda lost on what to play. I am into PVP but with the style of L2,DAOC,Shadowbane,UO etc...

I don`t mind if it`s a asian style MMORPG game or West Style MMO game. I just wan`t a good PVP stystem that has meaning and some pride with it.

Heck i will even go for a anime style game*No little kid toons thou lol*

So i wan`t PvP,Good class and race choice.

Anything will do as long it`s good and i can really get into it like i used to in the old days.  

Thanks for the help!!!!

Comments

• punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78

Anyone?? 

Maybe games like AC,AC2 or AO???

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    since you mentioned lineage 2 maybe give Tera a try if you haven't as it has a similar art style in a way and its f2p.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by punkrock2

Hey everyone i am kinda lost on what to play. I am into PVP but with the style of L2,DAOC,Shadowbane,UO etc...

I don`t mind if it`s a asian style MMORPG game or West Style MMO game. I just wan`t a good PVP stystem that has meaning and some pride with it.

Anything will do as long it`s good and i can really get into it like i used to in the old days.  

Thanks for the help!!!!

Nothing, yet.  Everything like that is in development.  All these other MMOs that are out definitely dont fit your critera (and mine).

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

I did play some Tera but since i don`t have a controller*It`s better to have one* it`s not to good.  Pluse it only has one race i really like and class. High Elf/Lancer and the PVP has no point besides ganking others.

Thanks for that one thou ^_^

Originally posted by DigitalDvinn

Thanks for the help!!!!

Nothing, yet.  Everything like that is in development.  All these other MMOs that are out definitely dont fit your critera (and mine).

Ah ok so i have to play the wating game then i guess. Thanks ^_^

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Unfortunately yes there is not much out there.
  • vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Have you looked into AIon? I enjoyed the pvp there. Been I while since I played (left just before f2p), but the fort sieges, and rifting was a blast. They are introduding some new classes soon I beleive. The pvp had purpose back when I played but not sure what it may be like now. But being f2p doesn't cost anythign to give it a shot.
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I will 2nd AION. It has a good old school feel to it in some areas. Faction PVPVE is fun.  One of the better games out rig now probably.
    I tryed Aion a long time ago, i forgot it went F2P a while back. I will check it out if i can`t find any other game. Thanks ^_^
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Age of wushu
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

A few worth checking out:

• Vanguard
    • EQ/EQ2
    • Darkfall (not out yet)
    • Age of Wushu (not out yet)
    • Archeage (not out yet)

Thanks for the replys ^_^ I will try this ageo f wushu when it`s out.

EQ/EQ2 do not have PVP i don`t think do they?  *Battlegrounds and arenas don`t count in my book sorry*

Vanguard is fun for PVE but there is no PVP sadly :(   *Loved my DK/Raki*

Darkfall i will look into trying when it comes out and archage looks awesome as well.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Thanks for the replys ^_^ I will try this ageo f wushu when it`s out.

EQ/EQ2 do not have PVP i don`t think do they?  *Battlegrounds and arenas don`t count in my book sorry*

Vanguard is fun for PVE but there is no PVP sadly :(   *Loved my DK/Raki*

Darkfall i will look into trying when it comes out and archage looks awesome as well.

If PvP is important, you might also take a peek at these, even though they are not fantasy:

• Planetside 2
    • EVE Online