Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: New Update Brings Localization Improvements & UI Changes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has announced that Age of Wushu has been updated to reflect beta tester concerns. Of major interest are the vast improvements to the localization of the game as well as enhancements to the user interface.

In response to the player feedback from the first and second Closed Betas, the Age of Wushu development team has taken major strides to adjust the two biggest complaints reported. The Localization and UI for the game have undergone a rigorous change to ensure the North American audience has a better experience. Quest tracking and feedback from fans were invaluable tools that helped answer important questions for the localization team: Were players frustrated because dialogue became too difficult to track? Was there a profession that had mismatching recipe ingredients? The resounding "Yes" to these questions and others drove us to adjust our localization efforts. By employing specialized companies to help resolve issues before the title launched publicly, we are working hard to ensure that the localization is top notch.

Find out more about Age of Wushu.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Great... Know I'm not gonna understand anything...

Ghost Claw will be renamed "Flying claw attack." Flying Flowers will be "Triple Dart attack." /sigh

lolol 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    So I guess we'll stop getting "Please follow the lady to the guest room" whenever there's an error now?
  • NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53

The skill names were already weird enough.

"Great, now it's time to use 'Walk backwards through the seven stars sea' skill"...  

/facepalm

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    So I guess we'll stop getting "Please follow the lady to the guest room" whenever there's an error now?

Just follow the ******* lady to the guest room, it's simple!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by bcbully

Great... Know I'm not gonna understand anything...

Ghost Claw will be renamed "Flying claw attack." Flying Flowers will be "Triple Dart attack." /sigh

lolol 

i thought the localization was just correcting english grammar, not changing chinese names to western names... that sucks. :(

Flying flowers sound more asian martial artsy than..... triple dart attack which sounds too generic western crap used in every action game. The game still takes place in china, dont make these chinese characters speak like they are americans >.>

Also, apparently the chinese version of AoW has some speaking npcs.... i didnt see any in US version. I hope they add some voiced commentaries when you interact with npcs, and be able to choose the option to hear them in chinese while reading the quest in english too.

.... Men, if i knew how to speak japanese, chinese or korean i would find a way to play those versions instead. Westernized asian themed games dont feel original.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

problem with AOW is that its not polish in every department, everything about it screams 3rd world, if u have been playing all the new shiny polish mmorpgs e.g. wow, ffxiv, ffxi, tera, gw2, swtor, evequest etc..., aow pales in comparison in every department, the only ONE feature it has is the combat system but then after doing it over and over again things its gets kind OLD as a;; grinds involved the combat system and w/o getting new skills u get burnout real fast and u are only allowed one character per account.

lastly, SNAIL NA clearly has nfi what the western audience like in a mmorpg, whats the point in posting we are listening to the community and then do something stupid its so roflmao as they piss off their prospective customers again and again and again.

just my obsevation

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

So they started the localization from the wrong end. Duh.

Nothing wrong with the asian themed skill descriptions, if they would just have thought about them

"Triple Dart Attack" instead of "Flying Flowers"? Come on... what was wrong with "Flying Flowers"?

In any case, I agree with the poster above that the localization is not the only thing that seriously lacks polish. Us gamers have been spoiled with super-smooth games like GW2, WoW, even quality F2P games like Allods Online, etc.

Anyway, I hope AoW survives and the dev team will keep polishing it. It has a great foundation and there definitely aren't too many sandboxy games out there.

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

The launcher currently says 'Become VIP - to be a ture master!'

nuff said.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

I wasn't aware stating my opinion is trolling.

I didn't feel like spending my time writing out a detailed post on an article almost no one is going to read the comments on.  Now that I've been warned for being blunt, let me elaborate. (Course, this won't do anything to get my warning removed, will it?)

The game is a massive disappointment to people who followed the development of it up until its release (well, beta test). Earlier showing of the game made it look far better than the lackluster game we're able to play now.

My "This is pointless" comment was in regards to my opinion that I feel the game is going to go the way quite a few F2P games have gone lately; lackluster playerbase and shutting down; which would result in the effort put into improving the game going to waste.

If saying that is trolling, then, sure, I guess I'm trolling. *sigh*

• TottalTottal Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Nomis278

The launcher currently says 'Become VIP - to be a ture master!'

nuff said.

Oh wow. It said that for over a month and after _constant_ reports and complaints on the forums, the devs corrected it to "True Master" at the end of January. But you're right...I just loaded up the launcher. It's been reverted to "Ture Master." 

I very nearly can't put into words how disappointed I am with the devs for this game. What a great atmosphere and concept the game has. But what an abysmal dev team. And that doesn't even touch on the monetization aspects.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

1) are the improvements in the game yet ?