Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it wrong or is it right?

rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

hello i hope your having a good holiday.

There is something here i want to know the answer to it.!

now this game was released for about six months now, (it had it ups and it had it downs), anyone who played mmos will know for sure that there hasnt been any new (by new i mean its not that old since it released) released mmo that got the perfect things for players or that got the perfect system, in fact anyone that played mmo knows for sure that All mmo devloped it self by time and by people feedback, WoW wasnt perfect LoTRO wasnt perfect, even F2P games got improved by time for example (APB:R) when it was first released as F2P it wasnt that good (but now) they solved alot of probloms, you may bilive it or not, BUT IT DID.

bare with me here i know its all general and not Gw2 releated.

MMos adapts with its players with its cons with its pros, most importantly MMos choose to get more players satsfiy the current and attract the others.

AND above all the stated, Players adapt with the game and with its improvment

But in here, in these fourms in this game section,Most of people who said that they hated the game and wont play it, they come here telling us the exact same thing almost everyday,that is okay we understand them.

But what I dont understand is this:

The was just released it didnt even got 6 months old its new its improving (a fact)

But when ever Anet try to add something, all haters come and say (boaring, mindless etc......) All the haters that said they will never look back to this game come here and tell us the same thing at every awaiting and released patch, yet again we understand they dont like it, But worst of all they dont tell us why its boaring or why its mindless they just bash it.

THEY THINK THAT ANY NEW GAME SHOULD HAVE ALL THE THINGS THAT THIRE (here by old i mean released for a long time) OLD GAME HAD, THAT ANY NEW PATCH SHOULD BY MIRACLE FIX EVERY THING AND MAKE THE GAME A 100 YEARS AHEAD ( a game the they wont even play).

Do we realy need this kind of feedback to anet do we realy need all this bashing?

they dont like the game yet they care to come and tell us that, they forget that its still in devlopment they forget that any mmo (STILL IN DEVOLOPMENT TILL THE MOMENT IT SHUT DOWN)

I just dont think that its the matter of the game, i acctuly think that its the matter of us wanting to burn everyhing and expecting to have everything to burn again.

i hope i didnt insullt anyone here and sorry for bad spelling (second language) 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    You are new here, and really don't understand that for many folks here it's all about forum PVP. No quarter will be given and there will be no prisoners, only casualties.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Have to agree quite a bit with you, but also have to say that most games get way more stuff every single patch and hotfix.. and usually faster after eachother. In the time Arenanet fixes 1 bug, other MMOs have make a freaking expansion or add a new class :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

this website is for the people like that unfortunately, and it's not just this game by a long shot. MOST people here just fall out of every game after a few weeks and bash them to shit. that's the vast majority of the active posters here. no game to play, nothing going on with them 'cept sliding from game to game, pinning hopes on the next thing, than bashing that same game once it's out.

look back through this place going wayyyy back. same thing over and over, no exception. the only game boards that don't have this type of shit are the ones that are basically DOA or close. yea, the only ones here which lack such toxic "discussion" are the ones that lack discussion altogether. 

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This isn't special treatment GW2 gets, all games get it here some worse than others, SW:TOR was destroyed almost beyond repair on these forums shortly after it's release. TERA got railed on before it even came out, if it wasn't so niche it would have been hit just as hard as SW:TOR.

Lucky for GW2 this site was very pro GW2 before GW2s release so it didn't take that much heat and the positive threads still outweigh the negative.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

This isn't special treatment GW2 gets, all games get it here some worse than others, SW:TOR was destroyed almost beyond repair on these forums shortly after it's release. TERA got railed on before it even came out, if it wasn't so niche it would have been hit just as hard as SW:TOR.

Lucky for GW2 this site was very pro GW2 before GW2s release so it didn't take that much heat and the positive threads still outweigh the negative.

Piv speaks a bit of truth, his inner TERA fan victim complex came out at the end though. 

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

Pivotelite has the right of it. Back when UO was the only game in town, there were quite a few MMO gamers that were not completely happy with it. When they voiced their grievances on the "forums" (usenet back in those days), the gamers who were happy with UO (and occassionally Designer Dragon himself) explained it like this; "Shut up!"

When Verant Interactive announced some new 3D MMORPG called EverQuest, it was ridiculed. The "PVP Switch" would never work. It's not a "real" role-playing game. No MMO gamer is interested in running around and killing computer controlled monsters all day long. And on and on...

Dark Age of Camelot was the "EQ Killer", but this time the arguments had reversed.  If you can't play the ENTIRE game without PVP, then it will fail. You can't be ANY available race and play with your friends.  And so on and on...

World of Warcraft was going to be the "EQ Killer".  Ok, maybe it was.

Now, we are in the "WOW Killer" cycle. Any game that is a wow-clone is derided because it is a wow-clone, but it ultimately fails because people who like WOW-style MMOs are already playing WOW. If you make a game that is a little different from WOW, like GW2, it is derided because it doesn't have all the end-game raiding and dungeon running, like WOW.

GW2 is a really, really good game.  Sure, it won't hold the content-locusts for long, but it doesn't cost those gamers anything to keep their characters on ice. Also, GW2 is not a WOW clone.  It really does have a great deal of innovative gameplay features.

I'm very interested to see what Tyria and GW2 will look like in two, three, and four years from now.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by timeraider
    Have to agree quite a bit with you, but also have to say that most games get way more stuff every single patch and hotfix.. and usually faster after eachother. In the time Arenanet fixes 1 bug, other MMOs have make a freaking expansion or add a new class :P

This is so wrong ....besides Rift (who set the standard)nobody has ever put out more free content or faster content than GW2

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Ip check on the OP, seem very shill like poster. I seen post like this from secret developers on this forum for many MMO out there that try to the avasive counter-critisim tactic like this on public forums. Just be watchful.

well i could asure you that am not a devloper

i study economy that is why you may find kind of logic in most of my posts here

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

i know its a problom with all the games i have made that clear :)

but i posted here as an example, and because its my current game

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Ip check on the OP, seem very shill like poster. I seen post like this from secret developers on this forum for many MMO out there that try to the avasive counter-critisim tactic like this on public forums. Just be watchful.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Magic Powers!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You are new here, and really don't understand that for many folks here it's all about forum PVP. No quarter will be given and there will be no prisoners, only casualties.

I thought forum PvP means when people are good in presenting believable arguments not mindless bashing with little to no rational thoughts to back their claims..

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    lol +1 right there.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

it isnt gw2 the issue most often op,i ll put in context then you might understand:

on one side (we ll use usa as exemple,you have a lobby industry at congress they dont have to say whatever they say behind closed door only when 90% of congress is present and only say in house of representative(or whatever they name the place that house the full congress.lobby can corrupt anybody simply by doing what they do best lobbying!

now back to gaming,now a day we also have lobbying,their job?to push the game x faction was hired to do,or to discredit the game that the loby industry feel could be a threat to their goal number one.

so if say lol had hired  lobbist to do all they can to make lol rise in popularity (by any means)guess what would happen?

yep gw2 would be full of lobbist saying this game is bad bla bla bla,while staying vague (lobbist cant speak about stuff they havent even seen,but there are always safe base subject if you dont go into specific)see the patern here,

lobist are people that are paid to make sure x y z title become the flavor of the month,sometime flavor of the season,not many time flavor of the year.

bottom line if someone write about x y z issue and you can know it is a gw2 only issue?dont ignore that ,but most of the time ,the complain is so vague that you could use the freaking post and send it to all title avail on this site!ya the term hater are gona hate is also corrupted and has one word that can define it most of the time

LOBBIST!

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I think my problem with Gw2 is all about hypo. I played and loved Gw1 very much, so when A-net announced they gonna make new game way BETTER then GW1, I sure was over hyped.

Then like for years I followed any news about GW2, was pretty much excited about any feature, so over hyped again.

Must admit, A-net made great advertising job about incoming GW2.

Finally, after years of waiting, I got my GW2 box.
    Only I found in like no time that inside great looking box I don't have product I was looking for.

It's like you wait for chocolate and strawberry cake with lot of fruits on top for your birthday, but you getting chocolate-like looking stuff without fruits on top.

I still don't think GW2 is fail or bad game. NO way, this game is OK only it far from being great, innovative, dynamic etc, as it was described and as I was hyped about.

So I'm just telling my disappointment of not getting product I wanted that much.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

I think my problem with Gw2 is all about hypo. I played and loved Gw1 very much, so when A-net announced they gonna make new game way BETTER then GW1, I sure was over hyped.

Then like for years I followed any news about GW2, was pretty much excited about any feature, so over hyped again.

Must admit, A-net made great advertising job about incoming GW2.

Finally, after years of waiting, I got my GW2 box.
    Only I found in like no time that inside great looking box I don't have product I was looking for.

It's like you wait for chocolate and strawberry cake with lot of fruits on top for your birthday, but you getting chocolate-like looking stuff without fruits on top.

I still don't think GW2 is fail or bad game. NO way, this game is OK only it far from being great, innovative, dynamic etc, as it was described and as I was hyped about.

So I'm just telling my disappointment of not getting product I wanted that much.

for me outside sPVP GW2 is 100x the game GW1 was.. but obviously ymmv. I really didn't care for GW1 at all aside from the PVP. In gw2 i enjoy PVE enough that I hardly have time to do PVP at all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

This discussion has been closed.