Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you feel rewarded for your playtime in PVE?

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I'm curious what everyones perspective is on the PVE aspect of the game an rewards. For me now espeically with the new laurel system I feel more rewarded for my playtime than ever before.. Also now that the level scaling has been adjusted more I get decent loot for salvaging even in 1-15 zones. I'm not the type to do dungeon runs over and over but so far have had no issues getting exotic gear just doing my normal playstyle and playing how I want to play. The new dailies are nice as i get a good chunk of karma plus a laurel and at the end of this month we will get selectable dailies to make it even easier to finish how we want.. It also sounds like the guild quests being added will have its own sets of rewards added as well.

On a side note i honestly have only spent $30 on this game since i purchased the box because the CS really has nothing i want/need aside from more bank/bag space.. guess that's a good and bad thing

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I'm still on the phase that I play for enjoyment alone and don't exactly try to optimize my play style to get in game reward.

My current main goal is to level all the 8 professions to 80 and getting the craftings to 400 - still a few hundred hours to go.

Anyone that played GW1 know that the rewards for activities started very low and kept ramping during the game life time.

GW2 is going a similar process, albeit at a faster pace. There is still place for improvements since there are still some grindy stuff in the game (and precursors being random is crap).

And there is alway John Stumme in reserve since I agreed with most if not all of the things he did to GW1 once he became the head of the GW1 Live Team.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

Yeah, I'm having a good time, and I really like the recent changes.  I haven't done any dungeons yet, but I kind of like the random dailies. The Daily Dodger really has made me better at dodging. Since I've started doing that daily, I've realized how many unneccessary huge blows I've been taking.

My highest character is a L53 Guardian, but I am experimenting with the other professions as well. I think I really like the Mesmer, which I just got to L20 last night. My daughter and I formed a guild and got a guild stash built, but I think we might start looking for an established guild once we settle on a profession that we will play to 80.

So yeah, I'm having a great time with PVE, but I would still like to see improvements to SPVP. My daughter and I really like the SPVP too, but we were SO disappointed that we couldn't fight on the same team, even when grouped.

EDIT: spelling

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Yes but exploring is getting a bit boring after all these months. I'm looking forward to Guild missions.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    I've only put in 80 hours so far but I like the direction the game is going with PvE, the fact of focusing on the world they''ve already built, I enjoyed SW:TOR's worlds (yeah I know I'm completely mad) and felt they could have been utilised in further updates but with the fact that EA are going further down the "just add more stuff and segregate the playerbase route" and the lousy f2p options GW2 fits my needs much better. Also I'm fascinated by the combat system as its more flexible than many other MMO's, the level scaling is better now, and I love to explore so GW2 is the best option out there for me at the moment and continues to improve, so adding the laurel system is just a bonus to me. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I bought an ascended amulet for 30 laurel today  and upgraded it with a fine malign infusion.

Yes I feel the rewards are worth it.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    ... I enjoyed SW:TOR's worlds (yeah I know I'm completely mad) and felt they could have been utilised in further updates ...

I also enjoyed most planets, even if I still think they completely failed Coruscant and Corellia.

SW:TOR would have been a 100x better game with level downscaling and dynamic events, so the lower level planets never become obsolete. It's really a waste and a shame.

Not to get to off topic but what a wasted opportunity with the fleet and the release of Makeb the worlds will be deserted even more than they are now, why put all that effort into making 17 planets and then just make them irrelevant a year or so later. As I said this is why I like the direction AN are going I'm primarily a PvE player and want to see the fantastic world of Tyria remain relevant for many years to come.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    ... I enjoyed SW:TOR's worlds (yeah I know I'm completely mad) and felt they could have been utilised in further updates ...

I also enjoyed most planets, even if I still think they completely failed Coruscant and Corellia.

SW:TOR would have been a 100x better game with level downscaling and dynamic events, so the lower level planets never become obsolete. It's really a waste and a shame.

This is so true.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    glad to hear so far mimics what my guild mates say in game chat as well everyone is liking the new laurels rewards and very much looking forward to the guild quests

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah, fun is a big reward in itself. However, even with Laurels, dailies and the loot improvements tied to the scaling adjustments, I still don't feel the game does enough to reward PvE in general, and "play anywhere in the game world" PvE in particular.

Running through the same two zones with your level 80, over and over again, is not fun. I really enjoy adventuring in the entire world with my level 80s. However, I'm still constantly reminded that it's going to take a lot longer for me to get all my exotics and earn money to put aside for an eventual effort at a Legendary, because I am spending time outside of the level 80 zones in the game.

There is still too much of a premium placed on doing level 80 content. I'd be fine with doing lower level content being 15% less efficient, which was the number banged around by Arenanet at a Q&A session in the fall of 2011. However, even with the recent changes, I think it's more like a 40% to 80% discount.

Part of the problem is that T6 mats can not be obtained outside of the level 80 zones, except for the very rare instance where you get a level 80 drop and then that salvages out with the upgraded mat quality. (To be honest, I'm a bit confused about salvaging kits vs. level 80 items, because even if you use a black lion kit with an 80% chance of a resource upgrade, it seems that many level 80 items just will not yield T6 mats when salvaged).

There is possibility for improvement with the still pending additions to the Laurel system. At some point earning achievment points anywhere in the game is supposed to provide laurels, though Arenanet hasn't settled on the conversion rate. Also, they have said that they plan to greatly expand the items available via the Laurel trade. However, I'm not sure that we want to look to Laurels as the primary method of "evening the playing field". More work still needs to be done to ensure that people can play their level 80s anywhere in the world with out it being a complete waste of time on the rewards front.

GW2 has a beautiful, massive game world. If Arenanet can do even more to ensure that players can really enjoy the entire game world even after they've hit the level cap, then they will have successfully leveraged all that time developing the game world in a way that no traditional level based MMO ever can. In most MMOs, the game world is just what you play UNTIL you hit the level cap. A key to GW2s potential is that the entire game world is open to you when you hit the level cap and offers fun, challenging game play. Arenanet is close to that goal, but there is still a lot of work to be done and I think a big part of the problem is even they aren't able to completely let go of the old paradigm.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Originally posted by fiontar

Yeah, fun is a big reward in itself. However, even with Laurels, dailies and the loot improvements tied to the scaling adjustments, I still don't feel the game does enough to reward PvE in general, and "play anywhere in the game world" PvE in particular.

Running through the same two zones with your level 80, over and over again, is not fun. I really enjoy adventuring in the entire world with my level 80s. However, I'm still constantly reminded that it's going to take a lot longer for me to get all my exotics and earn money to put aside for an eventual effort at a Legendary, because I am spending time outside of the level 80 zones in the game.

There is still too much of a premium placed on doing level 80 content. I'd be fine with doing lower level content being 15% less efficient, which was the number banged around by Arenanet at a Q&A session in the fall of 2011. However, even with the recent changes, I think it's more like a 40% to 80% discount.

Part of the problem is that T6 mats can not be obtained outside of the level 80 zones, except for the very rare instance where you get a level 80 drop and then that salvages out with the upgraded mat quality. (To be honest, I'm a bit confused about salvaging kits vs. level 80 items, because even if you use a black lion kit with an 80% chance of a resource upgrade, it seems that many level 80 items just will not yield T6 mats when salvaged).

There is possibility for improvement with the still pending additions to the Laurel system. At some point earning achievment points anywhere in the game is supposed to provide laurels, though Arenanet hasn't settled on the conversion rate. Also, they have said that they plan to greatly expand the items available via the Laurel trade. However, I'm not sure that we want to look to Laurels as the primary method of "evening the playing field". More work still needs to be done to ensure that people can play their level 80s anywhere in the world with out it being a complete waste of time on the rewards front.

GW2 has a beautiful, massive game world. If Arenanet can do even more to ensure that players can really enjoy the entire game world even after they've hit the level cap, then they will have successfully leveraged all that time developing the game world in a way that no traditional level based MMO ever can. In most MMOs, the game world is just what you play UNTIL you hit the level cap. A key to GW2s potential is that the entire game world is open to you when you hit the level cap and offers fun, challenging game play. Arenanet is close to that goal, but there is still a lot of work to be done and I think a big part of the problem is even they aren't able to completely let go of the old paradigm.

curious what is you magic item drop%? i really haven't had to much trouble getting mats from breaking down items i got in the lower zones after they tweaked the level scaling and drops.. i actually been spending majority of my time in diessa plateau lately and haven't even set foot in any higher zones in awhile.. but also i don't really craft much at all and when i do only one I generally do is cooking all my weapons/armor i use are from karma venders and drops

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

So I generally  go take out my lowbie guild members and usually have a blast showing them all the cool DE chains. But what I love best and I have said it many times is those damned cathedral events, if I do one I MUST DO THEM ALLL!

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

sorry but I guess correct question you asking is: do I feel rewarded from dailies?

as you answer with new reward examples.

and if you mean play like 25 min to get it done, it's not bad for like 30 days of doing so.

concern others PvE rewards, I'm not sure I like a strong feeling of constant drop nerf, but from other part, this game seems not offering much to buy too, if not count bank/bag slots, legend weapons and *GOLDEN* title.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    ...snip...

curious what is you magic item drop%? i really haven't had to much trouble getting mats from breaking down items i got in the lower zones after they tweaked the level scaling and drops.. i actually been spending majority of my time in diessa plateau lately and haven't even set foot in any higher zones in awhile.. but also i don't really craft much at all and when i do only one I generally do is cooking all my weapons/armor i use are from karma venders and drops

T6 Crafting Mats and level 70+ rares, (for ectos), are really the only way to even come close to gold/per hour earning rates found in dungeons. There is also the economic benefit that these items are not vendored, but sold on the Trading Post, meaning you are earning gold for yourself, with out putting new gold into the economy, (which feeds in game inflation).

Playing lower level zones as a level 80, you aren't getting T6 mats and level 70+ rares are extremely rare drops. Many T1-T5 mats fall with in a fairly close price range, so while leveling up, there really isn't much penalty to doing lower level zones. At 80, however, the price differential between T6 mats and other drops goes up exponentially vs. everything in the lower tiers.

If they were to try to increase the coin/trash drop rate for level 80s doing lower level content, they might narrow the gap further, but coin/trash drops sold to vendors actually create more new gold in the game and thus add to inflationary pressures.

The current system just doesn't go far enough in rewarding level 80s for doing lower level content. Level scaling works pretty well and a level 80 can indeed have fun playing in lower lever areas. That's good for the player in maintaining interest in the game and good for the publishers because they keep players active.

Since gathering nodes are tied to the level range of the area they are located with in, along with salvageables and mat containers dropped by mobs, there just isn't any way to come close to the earning potential of playing a level 80 zone, even with faster kill rates.

If they were a lot less stingy with awarding at level gear drops, including rares and exotics, regardless of the level of the mob, it would help close the gap. The lack of T6 mats in lower level areas would maintain some gap, encouraging players to play level 80 zones for the most efficient gold/xp/lkarma earning rates, but punishing players a little less when they do decide to take a break from the level 80 "grind" and enjoy the rest of the game world.

Ideally, you should be able to play anywhere in the world you wish and not see your average gold/hour earning rates drop by more than 15-20%. Dungeons are the current "gold standard" and even spending all your world PvE time in level 80 zones can't come close to producing the income as doing dungeon runs. This isn't the way the game was supposed to be. Dungeons were to have skins and stat combos not found in the PvE world, but otherwise, the xp/karma/loot efficiency was supposed to be close to equal no matter which facet of the game you played and which level zones you played in.

Laurels give world PvE players a way to earn Ascended Gear they wouldn't be able to otherwise earn outside of dungeon play, which is good, but it still doesn't make up for the remainder of the loot disparity between dungeon play and PvE/WvW play.

As I pointed out, making up the gap via more vendor trash drops is not a good solution, because anything most efficiently disposed of via the vendor is just bringing new money into the game economy and driving inflation. A level 80 playing in level 20 zones should be able to end up with the same number of level 80 drops, of the same quality level, as they would have playing in a level 80 area. The lack of T6 mats in sub 80 zones ensures there is still some advantage to doing level 80 content, but at least players could play where they want to in the game world with out facing a huge drop off in their ability to earn wealth.

; TLDR ;

T6 mats are a big portion of income as a level 80 character. T6 mats are not available in sub 80 zones, so there is always going to be a substantial earnings hit for a level 80 doing sub-level 80 world PvE content. If loot tables for mobs were based entirely on your true level, with no "discount" and no decrease in rare+ drops, it would help narrow the gap, but T6 mat availability would still ensure that there would be a benefit/reason to play in level 80 zones. There would just be less of a penalty for utilizing level scaling to also enjoy the rest of the game world.

There is also a significant gap between earning potential per hour in dungeons vs. even level 80 world PvE. This also needs to be addressed somehow.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I feel like i get my rewards when i do pve, every now in then I do pvp.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I'm curious what everyones perspective is on the PVE aspect of the game an rewards. For me now espeically with the new laurel system I feel more rewarded for my playtime than ever before.. Also now that the level scaling has been adjusted more I get decent loot for salvaging even in 1-15 zones. I'm not the type to do dungeon runs over and over but so far have had no issues getting exotic gear just doing my normal playstyle and playing how I want to play. The new dailies are nice as i get a good chunk of karma plus a laurel and at the end of this month we will get selectable dailies to make it even easier to finish how we want.. It also sounds like the guild quests being added will have its own sets of rewards added as well.

On a side note i honestly have only spent $30 on this game since i purchased the box because the CS really has nothing i want/need aside from more bank/bag space.. guess that's a good and bad thing

I want my reward to be fun. And currently low level level grind isn't fun. I rather it be removed or option to skip levels in PvE. Like a SoR that WoW did. Leveling isn't a fun reward.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

...snip...

T6 Crafting Mats and level 70+ rares, (for ectos), are really the only way to even come close to gold/per hour earning rates found in dungeons. There is also the economic benefit that these items are not vendored, but sold on the Trading Post, meaning you are earning gold for yourself, with out putting new gold into the economy, (which feeds in game inflation).

Playing lower level zones as a level 80, you aren't getting T6 mats and level 70+ rares are extremely rare drops. Many T1-T5 mats fall with in a fairly close price range, so while leveling up, there really isn't much penalty to doing lower level zones. At 80, however, the price differential between T6 mats and other drops goes up exponentially vs. everything in the lower tiers.

If they were to try to increase the coin/trash drop rate for level 80s doing lower level content, they might narrow the gap further, but coin/trash drops sold to vendors actually create more new gold in the game and thus add to inflationary pressures.

The current system just doesn't go far enough in rewarding level 80s for doing lower level content. Level scaling works pretty well and a level 80 can indeed have fun playing in lower lever areas. That's good for the player in maintaining interest in the game and good for the publishers because they keep players active.

Since gathering nodes are tied to the level range of the area they are located with in, along with salvageables and mat containers dropped by mobs, there just isn't any way to come close to the earning potential of playing a level 80 zone, even with faster kill rates.

If they were a lot less stingy with awarding at level gear drops, including rares and exotics, regardless of the level of the mob, it would help close the gap. The lack of T6 mats in lower level areas would maintain some gap, encouraging players to play level 80 zones for the most efficient gold/xp/lkarma earning rates, but punishing players a little less when they do decide to take a break from the level 80 "grind" and enjoy the rest of the game world.

Ideally, you should be able to play anywhere in the world you wish and not see your average gold/hour earning rates drop by more than 15-20%. Dungeons are the current "gold standard" and even spending all your world PvE time in level 80 zones can't come close to producing the income as doing dungeon runs. This isn't the way the game was supposed to be. Dungeons were to have skins and stat combos not found in the PvE world, but otherwise, the xp/karma/loot efficiency was supposed to be close to equal no matter which facet of the game you played and which level zones you played in.

Laurels give world PvE players a way to earn Ascended Gear they wouldn't be able to otherwise earn outside of dungeon play, which is good, but it still doesn't make up for the remainder of the loot disparity between dungeon play and PvE/WvW play.

As I pointed out, making up the gap via more vendor trash drops is not a good solution, because anything most efficiently disposed of via the vendor is just bringing new money into the game economy and driving inflation. A level 80 playing in level 20 zones should be able to end up with the same number of level 80 drops, of the same quality level, as they would have playing in a level 80 area. The lack of T6 mats in sub 80 zones ensures there is still some advantage to doing level 80 content, but at least players could play where they want to in the game world with out facing a huge drop off in their ability to earn wealth.

; TLDR ;

T6 mats are a big portion of income as a level 80 character. T6 mats are not available in sub 80 zones, so there is always going to be a substantial earnings hit for a level 80 doing sub-level 80 world PvE content. If loot tables for mobs were based entirely on your true level, with no "discount" and no decrease in rare+ drops, it would help narrow the gap, but T6 mat availability would still ensure that there would be a benefit/reason to play in level 80 zones. There would just be less of a penalty for utilizing level scaling to also enjoy the rest of the game world.

There is also a significant gap between earning potential per hour in dungeons vs. even level 80 world PvE. This also needs to be addressed somehow.

i'm curious though if you can buy exotics with gold from the TP and get them from karma venders.. it not necessary at all to get T6 mats at all unless you really want to craft your own.. i bought most pieces with either karma or gold. I can see if you are a big crafter it being an issue as you need those mats but thats not the only way to get exotic gear so its not like you are pigeon holed into those zones at all to get exotic gear. It's a hard thing to balance making lower level zones to give the same exact rewards as higher level then no one would be in the last zones and just sit in the lower ones since they are a bit easier all around. I'm curious how the rewards are going to be for this new guiild quest system going in will be interesting to see. Overall though you have several ways to get exotic gear so if you want to craft get your mats in the later zones if you don't want to you have other routes.

I'm not really the type to say oh no i'm getting 10% less karma in this area i "must" go where its the most efficient.. If they provide good alternatives I'm fine with that even if its not the ideal spot as long as i'm enjoying myself i don't get bent out of shape my gold per hour is a little lower.

I'm sure they will evaluate the t6 mats and address that in some way though as there goal seems to be getting people moving around in all zones...

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I want my reward to be fun. And currently low level level grind isn't fun. I rather it be removed or option to skip levels in PvE. Like a SoR that WoW did. Leveling isn't a fun reward.

what low level grind? this is one of the only MMOs out with a horizontal leveling curve.. even from 70-80 you never need to "grind"

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I honestly don't feel rewarded or encouraged enough to even play my max levels.  Granted I absolutely love the game and the time it took to get there.  The main factor in this is the "new system" way of things in that I don't want to relearn everything there is to know about the end game of a themepark, as I'm already invested in the other versions of such.  I don't want to take the time to learn about ectos, fractals, events, etc.  I just want to play the game and feel like it's time well spent.

Right now I feel as though GW2 has the same elite society that FFXIV boasted in that high end guilds knew about everything the moment they occurred, from an NPC spawning, where all the drops were, and even that one bug that they all exploited before it was fixed within a 12 hour time frame (that is not to say Arenanet doesn't punish exploiters, but as an example of the type of community).  There's just so much to learn when you're at max level and few people / places willing to teach you on a fundamental level.

Now, if they sent me several in game mails once I hit max level with details on what I could do next (while pointing the way), I might be more inclined to do this myself.  There is nothing wrong with how it is right now, but I think a lot of the end game woes people experience comes from this and they quickly forget how well the game is made and the time they had getting to that point in the first place.

With the original Guild Wars I pretty much knew everything there was to know about end game the moment I hit level 20.  In fact, you hit level 20 towards the beginning of each campaign, and just follow one point to the next on the world map to get to the next mission (with quests here and there).  Then there was hard mode repeatable content in the form of each story mission (unlike it just being a play once and it's over thing like in guild wars 2) along with titles to earn, reputation to grind and new stories to partake in in quick amounts of time.  There was vanquishing the entirety of maps in normal and hard mode, gaining experience and reputation solo without them trying to alter nice grinding spots so you have to funneled elsewhere without giving specific examples... etc.  

I just don't enjoy the end game of Guild Wars 2 because of all of this.  It's why I'm still sub'd to many other MMOs, including WoW, which pretty much has a light show every time you unlock something.  Level up?  A giant screen appears telling you what you unlocked, and the UI of it flashes.  Interested in learning about a dungeon or raid?  Click a single button at it tells you about the raid, each boss, what each boss is able to do (and what to look for), the loot they drop and what to expect next.  It's just a way of making things more accessible that I think is genius as it has players sticking around longer, plus makes them lazy when it comes to other games that don't offer it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

it's not I agree, they need better rewards for loot from secret chests, zone completion, events. None of those things in GW2 actually give anything that is worth more then 2 silver honestly.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This game is extremely fun until you hit lvl 80 and quickly realize that you either farm Orr, or roll with the zerg in WvW. I'm hoping they add something that will make me actually want to keep playing. There isn't enough carrot on the stick for me.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by remyburke
    This game is extremely fun until you hit lvl 80 and quickly realize that you either farm Orr, or roll with the zerg in WvW. I'm hoping they add something that will make me actually want to keep playing. There isn't enough carrot on the stick for me.

i can see people wanting more of a carrot since that's what most are used to in MMOs.. although they are adding the guild quests this month so well see how those turn out. I do a fair share of WvW and only run with a set group of about 6 or 7 of us so following the zerg is not required at all to enjoy your time in WvW.. they also talked about adding a progression system with WvW specific skills in march so hopefully that will give people a lot more incentives to play WvW. Also why farm Orr? why not run some fractals? or finish exploring and work on getting karma/gold in other places you have not seen yet

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

Yeah, I'm having a good time, and I really like the recent changes.  I haven't done any dungeons yet, but I kind of like the random dailies. The Daily Dodger really has made me better at dodging. Since I've started doing that daily, I've realized how many unneccessary huge blows I've been taking.

My highest character is a L53 Guardian, but I am experimenting with the other professions as well. I think I really like the Mesmer, which I just got to L20 last night. My daughter and I formed a guild and got a guild stash built, but I think we might start looking for an established guild once we settle on a profession that we will play to 80.

So yeah, I'm having a great time with PVE, but I would still like to see improvements to SPVP. My daughter and I really like the SPVP too, but we were SO disappointed that we couldn't fight on the same team, even when grouped.

EDIT: spelling

Hot-join SPvP is all about the chaos and to keep some semblance of balance they try to make both sides have equal numbers which is why you can't always be guarateed to be on the same side but you can attempt to switch sides every now and then 'cos people leave the fight quite a lot during a match even when the side they are on is winning.

This is not a game.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

what low level grind? this is one of the only MMOs out with a horizontal leveling curve.. even from 70-80 you never need to "grind"

Developers confirmed that the pre release info on that was misleading. Horizontal leveling doesn't start till level 30. Before then its a uphil curve. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Developers confirmed that the pre release info on that was misleading. Horizontal leveling doesn't start till level 30. Before then its a uphil curve. 

doesn't feel like it at all when playing.. going from 1-30 for me felt pretty much the same as 30-60.. and even so with how many things give you decent XP in this game really couldn't see how you could consider it a grind at all

How you can think that 20/30 hours to get to level 30 is a grind when you get xp from loads of sources is beyond me and those hours are at my levelling pace which is always slow (I get distracted ea.... Ooooo look shiny)