Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions about RVR/PVP

Just have a few questions regarding the way RVR is going to work in this game. I keep hearing about campaigns and shards so my question is: If Im playing on one shard or campaign and my buddy bill is on another campaign, can we join aslong as we are on the same faction? I apologize if this has been answered but I couldnt find anything related.

Comments

• Casca9226Casca9226 Member Posts: 25
    So none of you internet wizards cam come up with an answer =(
  • XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Your question is kinda irrelevant.  ESO will not be using shard's (servers) everyone will be tied into one server , if you watch the video on the main ESO page that video will tell you :)

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• Casca9226Casca9226 Member Posts: 25

its actually not irrelevant. they even state is some of the videos that eventhough everyone is on a giant server, the server will have different shards or campaigns for people

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    if you group up with someone, you should have the ability to switch shards so you and your friends can play together.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The answer is that none of us knows for sure yet. They've said that you are locked to a particular campaign for its duration. But they've also said you can visit your friend's campaign by spending some points you accumulate and can use for various things. I forget what they call them...realm points? i got the impression that there will be some limits on how often you can do it.

Across factions? Nope. You're racially locked into a faction and even when you go visiting, you'll be locked out of the other 2 factions.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Iselin

The answer is that none of us knows for sure yet. They've said that you are locked to a particular campaign for its duration. But they've also said you can visit your friend's campaign by spending some points you accumulate and can use for various things. I forget what they call them...realm points? i got the impression that there will be some limits on how often you can do it.

Across factions? Nope. You're racially locked into a faction and even when you go visiting, you'll be locked out of the other 2 factions.

Think its "faction points"... not sure tho

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

supposedly the "mega server" will automatically put you in the same instances as your friends and guild mates.

but if you just add a player to your friends list and they are already tied to a different one than you, that i am not sure about.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by Casca9226 Just have a few questions regarding the way RVR is going to work in this game. I keep hearing about campaigns and shards so my question is: If Im playing on one shard or campaign and my buddy bill is on another campaign, can we join aslong as we are on the same faction? I apologize if this has been answered but I couldnt find anything related.

You can swap campaigns but it costs alliance points (pvp progression), devs have also mentioned a guesting system but not much is known about that yet.